SwingArm Bug Bit me

Got a Yamazuki or a Yamonda? This section is for those who are a little more creative...

Moderators: Site Director, FZR Forum Moderators

PIMPMYFZR
1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts

Re: SwingArm Bug Bit me

Post by PIMPMYFZR »

mrfreeze5 wrote:Yeah, I had the same problem. I had a different sprocket and had a little raised section that I could grind down about 1mm that at least gave me full thread engagement with the nut flipped but no room for the safety washer. I used loctite, but didnt feel it was enough so I actually drilled into the transmission output shaft and tapped it for a bolt and used a large washer and loctite'd it in. Im not worried about it going anywhere.
i think i might have to try that route mine wont thread what so ever with the recessed part facing in, so im just gonna give it a try like this and hope for the best. another thing is with the zx6 sprocket flipped around it seems as if the teeth are pointing inwards more then outwards ..could just be the way im lookin at it i guess ..
2002 R1 9k miles , Hotbodies undertail , Chopped Hindle Hi Mount , Solo Seat cowl,Frame sliders, little yellow yamaha wheel stickers .hehe
94' 600RR SOLD**
hid xenon
airtek solo tail
time for a 1000
R.I.P DaD 2/17/09 Your in my <3 always
PIMPMYFZR
1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts

Re: SwingArm Bug Bit me. MAN ITS BEEN LONG TIME COMIN!

Post by PIMPMYFZR »

well after orderin a YZF 520 sprocket off some dude on yzf forum , UPS or He messed up my address put a 7 instead of 8 . So they delayed me 2 days but i went today to the Main Hub picked up my sprocket , I'll tell you what i had to open up the shop on my wedding day<i know that sucks> but i think i was more eager work, come home and put this thing together . Then to leave work and come home to get married ...maybe bcuz the bike came into my life before my wife i dunno, she killing me about this swap though. LOL2 ANYWAYS came home put the wheel together tighten everything up enough to take off the stand i am taking it apart tonight once more because i forgot to put the chain guider rubber piece :deadhorse: , my rear sets still rub against the swingarm :mad( , and one of the welded threads on my gears shift side rubs against my chain. So i think i remember all the steps todo it again BUT , this is what a 180 tire on yzf rim and swingarm looks like on a FZR

in my mind thats how Yamaha should of Made it , but i know then it wouldnt be a fzr anymore bonkonhead
this is my ghetto ass grinding of the rearset off my becnh grinder see how it still touches the swingarm

now this is where i need you peoples opinions because im going nuts tryin to see if its str8! looks kinda bowed or cockeyed . but mind u this chain has maybe 3k miles on it and didnt come off the bike this whole swapout .. hmm now thats impressive ..JK i didnt have a tool for it ..ehh tell me if you think it looks str8 though .. thanks for looking people and thanks for all the advice, help, and sooo forth .. IF I CAN DO IT ANYONE CAN !!! peace . going to strip it and clean up the loose ends ..
2002 R1 9k miles , Hotbodies undertail , Chopped Hindle Hi Mount , Solo Seat cowl,Frame sliders, little yellow yamaha wheel stickers .hehe
94' 600RR SOLD**
hid xenon
airtek solo tail
time for a 1000
haro504
Level 7.5
Level 7.5

Post by haro504 »

is that section of chain bent or it that how it tracks because it looks good if its just the chain but if stays in that shape when you spin the tire it might be off wheather its a big problem i dont know ,oh and how did you solve the front sproket issue looks mean though maybe i'll do a 180
ones life is the way it is only because you allow it make it happen.
i poop my pants i poop my pants
PIMPMYFZR
1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts

Post by PIMPMYFZR »

Well after bolting everything up I took it for a spin . Everything works except the bottom of my chain keeps hittin the welded thread on my bottom peg mount even after I ground it down. I'm afraid if I grind it down more it won't hold under pressure ugh
94' 600RR SOLD**
hid xenon
airtek solo tail
time for a 1000
megaloxana
2000+ Posts
2000+ Posts

Post by megaloxana »

That looks sick dude. Im jealous WOOT
'92 FZR 600
Airtech R1 kit \*/ 520 conversion \*/ 14F-47R gearing
K&N pod filters \*/ Stage 3 jet kit \*/ Factory Pro shift kit \*/ Full V&H SS exhaust
Custom '02 R6 undertail \*/ YZF gas tank \*/ Raised via dogbones \*/ custom flush turnsignals
Full R6 brake set-up \*/ SS lines \*/ Progressive fork springs \*/ ZX2 coilpack

ADD YOURSELF TO THE OFFICIAL FZRONLINE GOOGLE EARTH MAP :bunny :banjoman
sweekster
2000+ Posts
2000+ Posts

Post by sweekster »

I'm not fan of all black wheels. Too plain. Otherwise it looks good. Nice work.
Duane...
Bike:
1994 Yamaha FZR 1000 EXUP
Factory Pro Stage 1 Jetting | K&N Filter | Corbin Seat | ProTek Keyless Gas Cap | GSXR Mirrors
My Thread
Cage:
2005 Saab 9-7x 5.3i Arc AWD

THE WIKI IS YOUR FRIEND
THE SEARCH IS YOUR SIGNIFICANT OTHER
USE THEM!!
PIMPMYFZR
1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts

Post by PIMPMYFZR »

sweekster wrote:I'm not fan of all black wheels. Too plain. Otherwise it looks good. Nice work.
personally i prefer chrome my self ... but being that its hard to find fzr chrome wheels , what todo , anyways its still riding season and cant wait for winter to come so i can strip it and get a little crazy with it ,, but my bike use to have yellow wheels , so ill take these black ones over yellow anyday .

Well i finally put it back together .. said a prayer < god let this work and dont let it fall apart on me > amen .. then i went around town to see how she rides .. ill tell u one thing .. i never thought this bike could be so stable, it feels like i own the road .. i bought some new mirrors on fleabay . 28 bucks not bad , i might change them out later for some better ones but i havnt had mirrors in 4 yrs .lol but here are some more pics i took of her all dressed up , hope u like

94' 600RR SOLD**
hid xenon
airtek solo tail
time for a 1000
cad600
1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts

Post by cad600 »

Looks nice. What manufacturer tire is that out back?
Yes, that is a Single Sided Swingarm FZR600 that I built.

Something is lurking, waiting, wanting to be built......It calls to me from the darkness....

I can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel....Then I realize that it is the train coming to run my ass over....
PIMPMYFZR
1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts

Post by PIMPMYFZR »

cad600 wrote:Looks nice. What manufacturer tire is that out back?
its a SHINKO raven 009 .. from what i read it should last pretty long but not one of the top out there .. its ok though .. i love how the bike feels now ..somhow it feels so much more stable just as long as the sprocket nut doesnt come apart lol
94' 600RR SOLD**
hid xenon
airtek solo tail
time for a 1000
95FZR600
2000+ Posts
2000+ Posts

Post by 95FZR600 »

:udaman :udaman :udaman :udaman I love the 180 for sure. I agree, it looks more stable with more meat on the ground and it looks hot as hell to. Looks is all that matters to us isnt it? LOL. Did you fix the chain deal? You used the 636 520 front sprocket? And you flipped it around? Did you also use the yzf rear 520 sprocket?

All these swaps making me hungry to do mine. Few more weeks and Ill have all my parts. :banana: :banana:
2002 Yamaha R6-----2003 Yamaha R6

PIMPMYFZR
1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts

Post by PIMPMYFZR »

95FZR600 wrote::udaman :udaman :udaman :udaman I love the 180 for sure. I agree, it looks more stable with more meat on the ground and it looks hot as hell to. Looks is all that matters to us isnt it? LOL. Did you fix the chain deal? You used the 636 520 front sprocket? And you flipped it around? Did you also use the yzf rear 520 sprocket?

All these swaps making me hungry to do mine. Few more weeks and Ill have all my parts. :banana: :banana:
thanks , cant wait to see you start yours , should be interesting .. Yes , i used the 636 sprocket flipped around. I just flipped the sprocket nut around also as it wouldnt thread the way it came out , i do notice the differnce in the lean but i dont think ill ever have the tires on there edges like that do to i just use the bike for commuting around town , here and there .. and the chain still hits my bottom thread hole for the rear set .. im gonna take the wheel off and grind it down some more , but im going to order a new chain first because im guessing my chain is the culprit , either that or my alignment is off .. who knows im just glad it swapped over
94' 600RR SOLD**
hid xenon
airtek solo tail
time for a 1000
PIMPMYFZR
1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts

Post by PIMPMYFZR »

i used my stock fzr dogbones on the yzf swingarm , it seems though my bike sits lower .. now i know that i went from 18 inch rear to 17. my question is if i use to yzf dogbones will it raise or lower my rear even more?
94' 600RR SOLD**
hid xenon
airtek solo tail
time for a 1000