Starter Cover Protectors (lower price)

Moderators: Site Director, FZR Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Sellers: Your "For Sale" ad may be pulled if you do NOT have your location in your profile. New members with less than 10 posts should give adequate information concerning themselves and why they are selling.

Members: Please use your best judgement when buying from others online, whether it be from someone here or Craigslist or eBay. Use a service to pay, like PayPal, never send cash, checks or other payment. If possible, refrain from giving out too much of your personal information. We do not limit new users from selling as we want our members to be able to get first dibs. It can be risky buying from anyone. Use common sense. If it doesn't feel right - don't do it. If possible, buy from a reputable member.

Please Note: Neither FZROnline.com, nor those financially responsible for the domain, nor any of the community members, will be held responsible for any transaction in anyway being it financially or otherwise.

While not required to sell your items, if you feel compelled to do so, you may make a donation to this site via PayPal to donation@fzronline.com, to help keep this forum active.
thatkid
2000+ Posts
2000+ Posts

Starter Cover Protectors (lower price)

Post by thatkid »

I have 9 of them. $45 shipped.

These will come with all mounting hardware (1 nut and bolt :) ) The other bolt is the lower engine mount bolt through the cradles. These were designed more with the racer in mind as it will protect the required heavy duty starter cover from damage for a few crashes. They fit under fairings. There might be enough flex on a decent impact to hit a regular cover and crack it. I'm not positive though. A tip over you'd be fine. I beat on one with a hammer and it barely moved. My guess is the stock starter cover will fare much better than without the cover. It would at least be easily repairable if it did crack. I have no way of testing them though.

Some of them have more clearance from the cover than others. Just some small warpage from the welding process. If you want to use it on a regular cover I can send one that is farther from the cover.
Do YOU Scopper?

"When some people cry, it's not because they’re weak. It’s because they’ve been strong for far too long."
ragedigital
4000+ Posts
4000+ Posts

Re: Starter Cover Protectors

Post by ragedigital »

That is some beefy material you have there. Looks like some serious protection.

darrin
Thanks for joining and participating in the most "active" FZR Community on the internet!
thatkid
2000+ Posts
2000+ Posts

Post by thatkid »

ragedigital wrote:That is some beefy material you have there. Looks like some serious protection.

darrin

Heh, yeah it was 3/16" or 1/4" I can't remember what I had them bend it was so long ago.
Do YOU Scopper?

"When some people cry, it's not because they’re weak. It’s because they’ve been strong for far too long."
thatkid
2000+ Posts
2000+ Posts

Post by thatkid »

So, just curious...No interest in these? Price too high? Everyone has unbreakable starter covers? Too ugly? Just trying to figure out the market.
Do YOU Scopper?

thatkid
2000+ Posts
2000+ Posts

Re: Starter Cover Protectors (lower price)

Post by thatkid »

bump.
Do YOU Scopper?

Harrysf707
100+ Posts
100+ Posts

Post by Harrysf707 »

I'm a little strapped for cash right now. But, I would be interested in buying one...maybe mid-late July. Once/if I get my bike fully fixed...
1993 FZR 600 w/ 92' front fairing swap, 520 conversion, Yoshimura R&D Exhaust, RaceTech springs.
thatkid
2000+ Posts
2000+ Posts

Post by thatkid »

bump
Do YOU Scopper?

thatkid
2000+ Posts
2000+ Posts

Post by thatkid »

Bump
Do YOU Scopper?

thatkid
2000+ Posts
2000+ Posts

Post by thatkid »

And bumping again. Make it so you don't have to fix/buy a new your starter cover!
Do YOU Scopper?

thatkid
2000+ Posts
2000+ Posts

Post by thatkid »

Still not sure why these aren't selling. I can't go any lower and they fit behind fairings. Come on people, I try and help out the community but the community has to be responsive about it. This solves the age old problem of cracked starter covers.
Do YOU Scopper?

thatkid
2000+ Posts
2000+ Posts

Post by thatkid »

Still have these. Those that want to protect their starter covers should really look into this.
Do YOU Scopper?

thatkid
2000+ Posts
2000+ Posts

Post by thatkid »

Still available. Slips under fairings nice and easy.
Do YOU Scopper?

Genesis
Level 8.0
Level 8.0

Post by Genesis »

Still have them?
1990 Yamaha FZR600 Genesis, Daily Driver
My FZR6 Rebuild

1985 GMC 4x4 T-15 X-Cab Sierra
1999 Chevy 4x4 Blazer (wifes car)

"If a man can build it, I can take it apart and sometimes even put it back together and fix it" --Unknown

"'I wish none of this had happened.' 'So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us.....'" J.R.R. Tolkien
thatkid
2000+ Posts
2000+ Posts

Post by thatkid »

I do!
Do YOU Scopper?

Genesis
Level 8.0
Level 8.0

Post by Genesis »

I'll take one. whats your paypal account?
1990 Yamaha FZR600 Genesis, Daily Driver
My FZR6 Rebuild

1985 GMC 4x4 T-15 X-Cab Sierra
1999 Chevy 4x4 Blazer (wifes car)

"If a man can build it, I can take it apart and sometimes even put it back together and fix it" --Unknown

"'I wish none of this had happened.' 'So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us.....'" J.R.R. Tolkien