rear fender to fit, and a shorty pipe after i layed it down

FZR600 Forum

Moderators: Site Director, FZR Forum Moderators

desmarat
Level 1.5
Level 1.5

rear fender to fit, and a shorty pipe after i layed it down

Post by desmarat »

So, bike went down pretty hard. Scratches and dings, destroyed the fairings, and fractured the sub frame. The sub frame was fractured in two places so i cut it off right behind the rear seat. Built an aluminum bot for the battery and harness, used a steel plate to support the 2 sections of the sub frame. Now with the shorter rear end i am getting a little dirty, havent ran it in the rain yet and not looking forward to it. I need to retro fit a rear fender and get a shorty exhaust to make it look better. I have a full size V&H on there now, looking at a double baffled GP Moto shorty muffler. Any ideas on all this? thanks guys.

P.S. i wasnt hurt in the fall, some idiot was in my lane going around a twisty and i had 2 choices. so i layed it down and slid it down the road. Bumps and bruises, small cuts and sore as hell. Got rather lucky!
92 FZR 600 25,000 miles and fresh rebuild. Painted
YZF forks
YZF swingarm
YZF rear shock
"Chopped" rear end
Custom electronics box (under seat)
Custom seat and rear frame bracing bracket
FzrNick
Site Newbie

Re: rear fender to fit, and a shorty pipe after i layed it d

Post by FzrNick »

Glad to hear you are alright. The bike can always be replaced. Good luck on your rebuild.
Genesis
Level 8.0
Level 8.0

Post by Genesis »

Glad to hear you are ok. You could always fit a swinger that incorporates a rear fender. Such as a r6

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2
1990 Yamaha FZR600 Genesis, Daily Driver
My FZR6 Rebuild

1985 GMC 4x4 T-15 X-Cab Sierra
1999 Chevy 4x4 Blazer (wifes car)

"If a man can build it, I can take it apart and sometimes even put it back together and fix it" --Unknown

"'I wish none of this had happened.' 'So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us.....'" J.R.R. Tolkien
desmarat
Level 1.5
Level 1.5

Post by desmarat »

ya, not trying to replace the whole swing arm. I need a whole rear fender, a hugger wont keep the dirt and water off my back. Any thoughts?
92 FZR 600 25,000 miles and fresh rebuild. Painted
YZF forks
YZF swingarm
YZF rear shock
"Chopped" rear end
Custom electronics box (under seat)
Custom seat and rear frame bracing bracket
thatkid
2000+ Posts
2000+ Posts

Post by thatkid »

You'll be custom making a fender if you want it to fit. No one makes one besides airtech and that's a hugger really. They don't sell it outside of their entire kit either. The "GP" style pipes are worthless. They are loud, usually cheap, and lack any sort of back pressure. Either cut your SS2R down and make a shorty, pick up an R6 shorty can, or if you got the cash, I can make you a custom shorty.

You're looking for things that never existed on the FZR though so it's all up to your skills.
Do YOU Scopper?

"When some people cry, it's not because they’re weak. It’s because they’ve been strong for far too long."