someone please help

FZR600 Forum

Moderators: Site Director, FZR Forum Moderators

sirfunkeybut
Site Newbie

Re: someone please help

Post by sirfunkeybut »

problem found. i missed checking the connection to that comes from the battery to the starter relay banghead banghead banghead
i started rechecking plug ins and when i pulled this particular one apart white corrosion came out. I cleaned it up and it fired right over :thumbsup: . I went out for a couple mile ride today and was so glad to be on the road. BUT the speedometer cable broke so i got that coming i hope at the end of the week or monday. i cant believe i skipped that connection. I know i read on another post about some spray solvent for cleaning connectors but i cant seem to find it now. I thought about just replacing all of them but thought about trying the solvent first. Again i appreciate all the help given and like i said, im so happy that the bikes going again. WOOT
---1991 FZR 600 grey on black---
currently not running :-(-----UPDATE: Running now with minor problems
Thanks to all the members that helped me get on the road again
ramster
Site Newbie

Post by ramster »

sirfunkeybut wrote:problem found. i missed checking the connection to that comes from the battery to the starter relay banghead banghead banghead
i started rechecking plug ins and when i pulled this particular one apart white corrosion came out. I cleaned it up and it fired right over :thumbsup: . I went out for a couple mile ride today and was so glad to be on the road. BUT the speedometer cable broke so i got that coming i hope at the end of the week or monday. i cant believe i skipped that connection. I know i read on another post about some spray solvent for cleaning connectors but i cant seem to find it now. I thought about just replacing all of them but thought about trying the solvent first. Again i appreciate all the help given and like i said, im so happy that the bikes going again. WOOT
Great news, Maybe Don should add your discovery to the :How To: :grinnod:

I've also been told on other forums that. THE only possible cause of poor cold starting is tight valves (I called them Clowns).

After replacing your cylinder head,
sirfunkeybut wrote:i found a good complete head for 50 that cam out of a running bike and is guaranteed to function properly so im just gonna get it and swap. Im hoping this solves the no start problem so bad
You then posted this
sirfunkeybut wrote:ok, so after the swap i got it running and drove it around for about an hour then i parked it. Im going to assume the regulator is bad seeings how after i shut it down it wouldn't start without jumping it or push starting it. Well when i returned the hour later and tried to jump start it it wouldn't do anything, i checked for spark and no go. So with did i fry the ignition module? i have 12 volts at the battery and only 9 at the coils and thats not while cranking. The connections all look good and the coils ohmed good so what should i do now?
Do you agree that the only cause of poor cold starting is "Tight Valves"? Or was I correct in calling said Clowns CLOWNS :rofl:

Anyways happy RRBike
You can lead a THIRSTY horse to water, you cant make the THIRSTY horse drink, if it don't drink shoot it.
sirfunkeybut
Site Newbie

Post by sirfunkeybut »

nope, i cant agree. With that said i shouldv'e have checked twice and then twice more on the connections. The battery is still shot, but it runs. I need to get me a thermometer to balance the carbs and i should be running perfect.
Nunya_Binnez
50+ Posts
50+ Posts

Post by Nunya_Binnez »

NDB
1993 FZR600 (Currently doing a frame-off buildup)
Nunya's '93 Resto-mod Build [TMI?]

"When life gives you lemons...you probably just FOUND lemons." - Bo Burnham
ramster
Site Newbie

Post by ramster »

sirfunkeybut wrote:nope, i cant agree. With that said i shouldv'e have checked twice and then twice more on the connections. The battery is still shot, but it runs. I need to get me a thermometer to balance the carbs and i should be running perfect.
Ah, You have had a great learning experience morso you didn't give up. A big pat on the back from me :cheers:

Does anyone realise why?

Maybe it could be that every wiring diagram (I've saw bar one, even the one in the WIKI) shows that the main fuse is fed direct from the battery positive, which it is not!!! I realised that a few years ago, sirfunkeybut also figured it out :notworthy:

Who would know (if reading those incorrect diagrams) and didn't have the actual bike @ hand would think to inspect the "Starter Relay"
You can lead a THIRSTY horse to water, you cant make the THIRSTY horse drink, if it don't drink shoot it.
ramster
Site Newbie

Post by ramster »

Nunya_Binnez wrote:Image

NDB
You know the guys over on the Archives, when did you get the photo's :rofl:
DonTZ125

Post by DonTZ125 »

Mawler - you just got yourself re-banned over at the Archives for being a dick. Try to keep it in your pants.
ramster
Site Newbie

Post by ramster »

DonTZ125 wrote:Mawler - you just got yourself re-banned over at the Archives for being a dick. Try to keep it in your pants.
When the post whores (on the Archives) come out with stupid uneducated GUESSES, all they do is make things more difficult for everyone concerned. The Op doesn't know what to believe, and especially when those dick's slate this forum.... Which IMO provides accurate advice, no post whores here.

Do you really think I care if I got banned? :rofl:

Here's the only wiring diagram (that I know of) that accurately shows were the main fuse feeds from, the start relay! Not the battery positive!

http://mawler.org/images/FZR600WiringDiagram.jpg
DonTZ125

Post by DonTZ125 »

Mod hat on - incessant sneering and name-calling, even of people not present, is unacceptable. Disagreement with an otherwise reasonable suggestion is one thing, but getting in a snit is pointless. Why should you care if you get banned? Because you then have a greatly reduced ability to help. You don't keep sneaking back in under various aliases to cause trouble - you keep coming back to teach. Who should the OP believe, you asked. How about a respected member of the community, rather than a dick who keeps getting punted? You've tried the latter, why not try the former?

Mod hat off - that's fascinating. Can you take a pic of that wiring group? That should IMO be in the Wiki, and I'd like it for my own records.
ramster
Site Newbie

Post by ramster »

DonTZ125 wrote:Mod hat on - incessant sneering and name-calling, even of people not present, is unacceptable. Disagreement with an otherwise reasonable suggestion is one thing, but getting in a snit is pointless. Why should you care if you get banned? Because you then have a greatly reduced ability to help. You don't keep sneaking back in under various aliases to cause trouble - you keep coming back to teach. Who should the OP believe, you asked. How about a respected member of the community, rather than a dick who keeps getting punted? You've tried the latter, why not try the former?

Mod hat off - that's fascinating. Can you take a pic of that wiring group? That should IMO be in the Wiki, and I'd like it for my own records.
Don, what hacked me off is on two different occasions (one here, one on the Archives) two certain members one a very high profile member on both forums, the other just a pup (he claims to be a Technician). Those individuals disagreed with the electrical advice is was giving. Did they post in the thread? nope they both PMed the OP. Why not post in the thread?

I just cant understand that kind of behaviour. If ya can't beat em Join em. I.E. the gloves come off :cheers:

I drew that diagram not for my benefit, well it was in a way. I wanted to know what was inside the main relay. No diagram I found showed main relay schematics. I posted the diagram over a year ago for the benefit of others.

I'm unsure what you mean by

"Can you take a pic of that wiring group? That should IMO be in the Wiki, and I'd like it for my own records"

Hey it's public domain as far as I'm concerned do with it as you wish. The weather in England is picking up so I may take a pic of the wiring group soon, if I only knew WTF you were on about :shocker

Edit,
Awaiting the next :Kick lol
sirfunkeybut
Site Newbie

Post by sirfunkeybut »

well after being gone a day i came back this thread not expecting that. :grinnod:
On a side note, ive decided to give the bike back to the previous owner. I thought i had enough experience to ride it but i dont feel safe enough yet. Im only 5'5" and 150lbs and this bike just seems to bulky for me. On the last ride i went on i opened her up in second, all the way through the powerband, and after coming out of the next slight turn, and i mean a VERY slight turn i almost couldn't back to the left 1/3 of the road. I ended up only 1ft from the shoulder thats heavily graveled and it wasn't looking so good. Needless to say, he said i can still have the bike when i want it back, but for now im looking for a smaller more manageable bike. Maybe a ninja 250 or something along the lines, i have a buddy with a buell blast 550 i can ride but i want to stick with the sport bike. Anyone have an input for a bike like i described or? maybe just stick to finding a 250? I dont mind not being able to 160mph on a bike, granted i do like the feeling you get when you open it up, but i value my life a little and need some more experience first.