starter solenoid

FZR600 Forum

Moderators: Site Director, FZR Forum Moderators

tjs5443
Site Newbie

starter solenoid

Post by tjs5443 »

The solenoid just clicks at a fast pace. No spinning the starter. I have been doing alot of work to the bike and am probably missing something obvious. what should i be checking. battery is fresh of the charger. any help appreciated
tjs5443
Site Newbie

Re: starter solenoid

Post by tjs5443 »

what wiring could i have messed up to cause this.
Nunya_Binnez
50+ Posts
50+ Posts

Post by Nunya_Binnez »

Double check your connections at the battery to make certain they are clean and tight.

NDB
1993 FZR600 (Currently doing a frame-off buildup)
Nunya's '93 Resto-mod Build [TMI?]

"When life gives you lemons...you probably just FOUND lemons." - Bo Burnham
tjs5443
Site Newbie

Post by tjs5443 »

Theyre fine. Battery is fully charged, wire from the starter to the solenoid reads 00.7ish volts when the ignition is hit. Bad solenoid? Also, one of the brass threaded terminals of the solenoid feels loose while the other feels secure(this is when nothing is bolted on)
DonTZ125

Post by DonTZ125 »

Check the condition and security of the heavy red wires from the battery to the solenoid. Check the voltage at the battery side of the solenoid vs the battery -ve. Disconnect the power cable from the starter; if you have good cables, +12v at the upstream terminal and < 1v at the downstream terminal with the button pushed, then yeah - your solenoid is baked. If this test (with the starter disconnected) then the problem is the starter or gear train.
tjs5443
Site Newbie

Post by tjs5443 »

Everything was functional wheitsn i tore the bike down. Its aboutan hours drive away for me to work on it so i cant test anything else now. I didnt notice anything suspicious with the battery leads when wiring the bike back up or investigating this problem so im thinking ill pick up another solenoid and see what happens
yamarossi46
Site Newbie

Post by yamarossi46 »

Saludos, cambia el solenoide. Apretar bien los cables y muy importante, ver si la cajita negra, relé de ignición, dispara chispa, si no sustituir, a veces funciona, otras no.