A Cafe of a different color

Moderators: Site Director, FZR Forum Moderators

thatkid
2000+ Posts
2000+ Posts

A Cafe of a different color

Post by thatkid »

So I was contacted about turning a nightster into a cafe for a physical therapy company. After much deliberation over an 07 Nightster they decided if it was going to be a charity auction they wanted to go new. Enter 2012 883.

It was delivered today with 6 miles on it. I'm not a harley guy myself but I like cafe's and this will also get my shop some good publicity. So the list is as follows for this guy.

Clip-on
Progressive rear shocks to raise the back a little
rear fender chop
LED taillight tucked between the fender and the seat
RSD gauge relocation bracket
V&H Short Shots
Air filter of some sort
power pack
dyno tune
Custom cover for the front cam gear? Whatever they call the equivalent of a counter sprocket cover.

I think that about covers the list. When I get more parts I'll post more pictures. For now it was a surprise to get it today.
Do YOU Scopper?

"When some people cry, it's not because they’re weak. It’s because they’ve been strong for far too long."
delvryboy
Level 5.0
Level 5.0

Re: A Cafe of a different color

Post by delvryboy »

gonna be sic. great canvas to start with, that flat black is sweet.
'92 FZR600
Race Tech Springs & Gold Valve Emulators * '06 R6 MC & Calipers * '06 R6 Rear Shock
130 Dynojet Mains/Pods/Flo-Comander * Full Yoshi Exhaust w/ Custom Can
'06 R6 VR * Full OEM Clutch * 14/49 520 Gearing
Seca II Triple w/ Modded Sport Tour Bars * Aztec8 Dual 4" w/ 4100K Halagon lamps * LED Tail/Turn Signals * Vapor Gauges
Lots of Powder
delvryboy
Level 5.0
Level 5.0

Post by delvryboy »

BTW. Nice fighter in the background.
'92 FZR600
Race Tech Springs & Gold Valve Emulators * '06 R6 MC & Calipers * '06 R6 Rear Shock
130 Dynojet Mains/Pods/Flo-Comander * Full Yoshi Exhaust w/ Custom Can
'06 R6 VR * Full OEM Clutch * 14/49 520 Gearing
Seca II Triple w/ Modded Sport Tour Bars * Aztec8 Dual 4" w/ 4100K Halagon lamps * LED Tail/Turn Signals * Vapor Gauges
Lots of Powder
yamaha_george
5000+ Posts
5000+ Posts

Post by yamaha_george »

delvryboy wrote:gonna be sic. great canvas to start with, that flat black is sweet.
DB,
yeh darn near invisible in shady lanes in broad daylight let alone nightime,. with all Nate's talent it will still be a H-D when it is done.
Gizzard1533
Level 2.0
Level 2.0

Post by Gizzard1533 »

yamaha_george wrote:DB,
yeh darn near invisible in shady lanes in broad daylight let alone nightime,. with all Nate's talent it will still be a H-D when it is done.
Agreed, a H-D that i cant see as a cafe racer...
cowboi
Level 2.0
Level 2.0

Post by cowboi »

I'm glad your able to do something like this to put your name out there more. Congratulations on the project nate.

sent from a portable leash
When all other contingencies fail, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth......S.Holmes

78 CB750A
96 FZR600R
00 YZF R1
04 YZF R6
ragedigital
4000+ Posts
4000+ Posts

Post by ragedigital »

To bad they didn't start you out with an XR1200... closer to a cafe.

Don't let those 53 horses go to your head. You might not be able to control that much power. ha!
Thanks for joining and participating in the most "active" FZR Community on the internet!
thatkid
2000+ Posts
2000+ Posts

Post by thatkid »

Well, I say cafe racer. I mean cafe racer that will still appeal to the Harley crowd. It won't be a true representation but anyone that is willing to ditch the chrome and move to clipons is ok in my book. Not an idea platform but should still be cooler than a typical Harley.
Do YOU Scopper?

"When some people cry, it's not because they’re weak. It’s because they’ve been strong for far too long."
old_school
Level 8.0
Level 8.0

Post by old_school »

Sweet! This is gonna be a great build!

Charity auctions are bad ass as they help raise funds and are a good deal because you get to write it off as a donation..
NO FZR :(
05 Yamaha R1
03 Harley Fatboy
what's next?
reelrazor
Wrench
Wrench

Post by reelrazor »

ragedigital wrote:To bad they didn't start you out with an XR1200... closer to a cafe.

Don't let those 53 horses go to your head. You might not be able to control that much power. ha!

True this.

the 883 is horribly underpowered....incapable of making a pass from highway speeds, or while traveling uphill.

the good news is that for the price of a couple accessories, and three good work hours, it CAN be a 1200.....and make more hp than the factory 1200(better compression/squish with the 883 head than 1200 heads).

I've done about ten of the 883-1200 conversions. PM me for details.
http://www.michiganmobileservice.com/

“A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.”-Douglas Adams

http://www.youtube.com/user/reelrazor
thatkid
2000+ Posts
2000+ Posts

Post by thatkid »

reelrazor wrote:
ragedigital wrote:To bad they didn't start you out with an XR1200... closer to a cafe.

True this.

the 883 is horribly underpowered....incapable of making a pass from highway speeds, or while traveling uphill.

the good news is that for the price of a couple accessories, and three good work hours, it CAN be a 1200.....and make more hp than the factory 1200(better compression/squish with the 883 head than 1200 heads).

I've done about ten of the 883-1200 conversions. PM me for details.
I don't think the folks with the cash are looking for all out power. They are going more for a show piece with a few power upgrades to give it a little umph. Since this puppy has a warranty they don't want me tearing into the motor. If it was someone handing me the bike and saying go nuts, well that's another story. This build has a pretty specific budget though and they are already talking about changing a few of the things to keep the price down.
Do YOU Scopper?

old_school
Level 8.0
Level 8.0

Post by old_school »

My fat boy has about 80hp and 800lbs. There are cars that can beat me outta the hole. :)
05 Yamaha R1
03 Harley Fatboy
what's next?
sweekster
2000+ Posts
2000+ Posts

Post by sweekster »

Sweekster approves of this... :cheers:
Duane...
Bike:
1994 Yamaha FZR 1000 EXUP
Factory Pro Stage 1 Jetting | K&N Filter | Corbin Seat | ProTek Keyless Gas Cap | GSXR Mirrors
My Thread
Cage:
2005 Saab 9-7x 5.3i Arc AWD

THE WIKI IS YOUR FRIEND
THE SEARCH IS YOUR SIGNIFICANT OTHER
USE THEM!!
old_school
Level 8.0
Level 8.0

Post by old_school »

KId,

i hope the mods include taking off that "bitch" 883 on the breather.. :)
05 Yamaha R1
03 Harley Fatboy
what's next?
thatkid
2000+ Posts
2000+ Posts

Post by thatkid »

old_school wrote:KId,

i hope the mods include taking off that "bitch" 883 on the breather.. :)

It does. He want the front swooping K&N filter.
Do YOU Scopper?