push rod pushrod

FZR600 Forum

Moderators: Site Director, FZR Forum Moderators

neeko
Site Newbie

push rod pushrod

Post by neeko »

Can someone help me out with detailed instructions including pictures of the steps to take the push rod out without destroying anything and be ridiculously over the top annoyingly explicit about how to do it? I really dont want to mess up the clutch and everything else included in there. Thanks so much in advance

-Nic
DonTZ125

Re: push rod pushrod

Post by DonTZ125 »

1. Remove sprocket cover bolts
2. Remove sprocket cover
3. Remove push rod; don't loose little ball that might fall out.

Seriously, unless something's broken inside, there really isn't that much too it ... :cheers:
neeko
Site Newbie

Post by neeko »

there is more to it. i have the clutch cover off. according to another post i through out there i have a broken pushrod. i am looking for how to remove what i believe is the pressure plate which has 5 screws on it and is the first thing you run into under the clutch cover.
DonTZ125

Post by DonTZ125 »

Remove 5 screws
Remove pressure plate
Remove short push rod

If it doesn't want to come out, remove the clutch pack, and get in there with a feeler gauge you don't mind twisting up, and gently pry it out - don't score the aluminum of the basket.

If you have a broken push rod that doesn't want to come out because it's also bent, a long thin screwdriver can be used to carefully push it out.
bokka
Site Newbie

Post by bokka »

hi,the clutch pushrod can be removed by removing the drive spocket cover and then pulling the rod out,if it is broken remove the clutch and basket,remove the mushroom and bearing,do not do any more until you know where the "missing bit of the rod is...f its bent pull it out from the sprocket side ...