FS - 1991 FZR 1000 - 32,XXX miles, still runs strong!

Moderators: Site Director, FZR Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Sellers: Your "For Sale" ad may be pulled if you do NOT have your location in your profile. New members with less than 10 posts should give adequate information concerning themselves and why they are selling.

Members: Please use your best judgement when buying from others online, whether it be from someone here or Craigslist or eBay. Use a service to pay, like PayPal, never send cash, checks or other payment. If possible, refrain from giving out too much of your personal information. We do not limit new users from selling as we want our members to be able to get first dibs. It can be risky buying from anyone. Use common sense. If it doesn't feel right - don't do it. If possible, buy from a reputable member.

Please Note: Neither FZROnline.com, nor those financially responsible for the domain, nor any of the community members, will be held responsible for any transaction in anyway being it financially or otherwise.

While not required to sell your items, if you feel compelled to do so, you may make a donation to this site via PayPal to donation@fzronline.com, to help keep this forum active.
fzrcrystal
Site Newbie

FS - 1991 FZR 1000 - 32,XXX miles, still runs strong!

Post by fzrcrystal »

I have up for sale a 1991 Yamaha FZR 1000. This was my first bike and I have been riding her for about 3 years now. Never broke down, never left me stranded. Motor is still a beast! 1,000 CC's of fury!

This is not the best looking bike out there, nor the nicest, but with a little bit of work, she can be a great bike! She can really move on the highway.

Reason for sale - Got a new job in the city, don't have time to fix her up to the condition I wanted her in initially.

I still ride the bike once or twice a week up to Marin.

What she has:
-32,XXX miles
-salvaged title in hand (no frame damage, I'm guessing it was fairings, I've gone through a lot of the bike and dont see anything that stands out to me as damage)
-fairings have been rattle canned black
- older corbin seat
-SS front brake lines
-Lindemann Engineering front internals (needs new seals)
-Vance and Hines slip-on
-Fully working headlights and tail lights. I removed the turn signals.
-Rear shock with an external res from a '94
-~2-4,000 miles ago - new chain, front and rear brake pads, plugs
-Change oil regularly

What she needs (She still starts, runs, and drives at this time been in current condition for 2+ years):
-exup cables (one frayed so I just disconnected it)
-couple hundred miles left on the rear tire, front tire is decent
-left mirror
-temp gauge sensor/wire
-fork seals
-leaks very little and burns a little oil, have to top off with a little bit every 500 miles or so.
-has a little trouble starting in the cold mornings. on a warmer day or when shes warm, she perks right up. (guessing a carb tweak will fix that)

All in all, this bike treated me very well. It was my first bike and now it's time to move on! Taken her to LA and back with no problems. This was my main mode of transportation so she was definitely ridden a good amount. Bought her with 20,XXX miles. With a little bit of work, this will continue to be a solid bike, and the price is sure right!

Let me know if you have any questions! My name is Grant. $999. Bike is located in San Francisco, CA

fzrcrystal
Site Newbie

Re: FS - 1991 FZR 1000 - 32,XXX miles, still runs strong!

Post by fzrcrystal »

Bike has been sold~!