WERA Endurance racing a FZR600

Moderators: Site Director, FZR Forum Moderators

compmoto
Site Newbie

WERA Endurance racing a FZR600

Post by compmoto »

I like the idea of more "race" tracktime...and have been considering this for most of the last season. I know a few guys running CBR-F2s,F3s, and realize from experience, they are good bikes to use, but I don't have much use for Honda, since they are helping kill 2 stroke racing. I'm running vintage RDs and RZs now, but would like to step it up a little with a mostly stock engined FZR600, with chassis upgrades. Reliability seems to be the goal for endurance racing , cuz ya gotta finish, right ? Anyone else here takin this route ? Or a similar one ? I can ask on the WERA board, but damn those guys can be brutal,and opinionated,etc. overthere... I just wanna show up, and do damage @VIR next March ... to the competiton, not me ,or the bike... :thumbsup:
pefrey
Level 5.5
Level 5.5

Re: WERA Endurance racing a FZR600

Post by pefrey »

Since you've raced before you already know the drill about racing in general. Endurance racing sounds fun but I bet it's pretty taxing on the rider. It think the FZR can take the abuse from a reliability standpoint, except perhaps the transmission. You'd be hard pressed to keep up with an F3 with similar rider / setup so "doing damage" may be a long shot.

Do you have teammates lined up for the effort? Do you plan on doing 1 race or competing in the series? Budget? (not racer budget which is - "money, all of it")
pefrey
Level 5.5
Level 5.5

Post by pefrey »

Cricket. Cricket.
ragedigital
4000+ Posts
4000+ Posts

Post by ragedigital »

Besides the transmission, I would also look at getting a larger radiator. The FZRs get hot quick and that radiator is certainly less than optimal.
Thanks for joining and participating in the most "active" FZR Community on the internet!