AAAAAA Help!!!!

Any topic relating to the FZR/YZF (UK) or motorcycling in general.

Moderators: Site Director, FZR Forum Moderators

xavier911
Site Newbie

AAAAAA Help!!!!

Post by xavier911 »

I have a 91 FZR 600. recently some douche bags tried to steal it and destroyed my ignition system. They also cut the ignition wires 2 try and hot wire the bike, the whole time not noticing the fluro yellow disc brake lock preventing it from moving. Well i got a new ignition system wired it up and turned the key.........nothing no power at all. I checked the battery and it has plenty of charge. I checked the fuses, they are fine. I even got a mate to get his multi meter out 2 find out where the power was and wasnt going, he was of little help. Any other possible ideas before i pay out the ass for a Yamaha dealer to fix it???
Any help would be massively appreciated.
Cheers,
Xavier.
DonTZ125

Re: AAAAAA Help!!!!

Post by DonTZ125 »

First off - mod scold. Post once, not three times!

Back to the subject at hand - did you check the main 30A fuse, in a separate pod behind the left tail panel? It's separate from the other fuses and often gets overlooked. I can easily see morons trying to hot-wire the ignition shorting something out and popping the main fuse.
CJD
50+ Posts
50+ Posts

Post by CJD »

DonTZ125 wrote:First off - mod scold. Post once, not three times!

Back to the subject at hand - did you check the main 30A fuse, in a separate pod behind the left tail panel? It's separate from the other fuses and often gets overlooked. I can easily see morons trying to hot-wire the ignition shorting something out and popping the main fuse.
Hmm... a new member here. Is it his bike or has he or his mates stole it/ and cant get it started? Read the post.

Personally Id IGNORE this thread, just me :shocker
DonTZ125

Post by DonTZ125 »

There was a thread a while back on "How to hotwire a FZR," that was quickly taken down by the mods for obvious reasons. This post is presented as "How can I fix my bike after AHs tried to steal it," and short of calling the local rozzers, it's impossible - and unreasonable - to assume otherwise.
CJD
50+ Posts
50+ Posts

Post by CJD »

DonTZ125 wrote:There was a thread a while back on "How to hotwire a FZR," that was quickly taken down by the mods for obvious reasons. This post is presented as "How can I fix my bike after AHs tried to steal it," and short of calling the local rozzers, it's impossible - and unreasonable - to assume otherwise.

if you wana help a 1 day members out with a stolen bike issue GO FOR IT, your the MOD lol
Freestyle72
Level 4.0
Level 4.0

Post by Freestyle72 »

CJD wrote:
DonTZ125 wrote:There was a thread a while back on "How to hotwire a FZR," that was quickly taken down by the mods for obvious reasons. This post is presented as "How can I fix my bike after AHs tried to steal it," and short of calling the local rozzers, it's impossible - and unreasonable - to assume otherwise.

if you wana help a 1 day members out with a stolen bike issue GO FOR IT, your the MOD lol
I hope you are kidding.

No one can possibly be this paranoid. His question wasn't how to get the disk lock off it was about fixing the wiring. Do you even realize how easy it is to hotwire an FZR? Most thieves who know the first thing about any of that stuff, would have 0 issues doing it. bonkonhead

Please next time you post up asking for help with your wiring post up a copy of your vehicle title, people with less than 100 posts can't be trusted.
cad600
1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts

Post by cad600 »

Sorry, I have to agree that this is a little fishy. Not saying it isn't legit, but Ive seen scams like this before. And anyone who owns a Yamaha knows how easy it is to bypass the ignition switch on these.

OP - If you replaced the switch and can't get it to turn on then obviously there is another electrical component that was messed with.
Yes, that is a Single Sided Swingarm FZR600 that I built.

Something is lurking, waiting, wanting to be built......It calls to me from the darkness....

I can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel....Then I realize that it is the train coming to run my ass over....
CJD
50+ Posts
50+ Posts

Post by CJD »

Freestyle72 wrote: No one can possibly be this paranoid. His question wasn't how to get the disk lock off it was about fixing the wiring. Do you even realize how easy it is to hotwire an FZR? Most thieves who know the first thing about any of that stuff, would have 0 issues doing it. bonkonhead

Please next time you post up asking for help with your wiring post up a copy of your vehicle title, people with less than 100 posts can't be trusted.
Is this post aimed @ me? I'm confused on that

Who mentioned the disk lock? not me!

I have less than a 100 posts, the OP has 2 :yikes: and Yes I do realise how EASY it is to steal an FZR. That's why I expressed my concern.

To me your comment
people with less than 100 posts can't be trusted.
that to me sounds like your talking outa your backside.

WHY I have less than 100, the OP has 2, I.E. whos paranoid?????
Target30
Level 7.5
Level 7.5

Post by Target30 »

He hasn't signed in since any of these posts, so he either figured it out, or it was shady and he isn't responding. It feels as though therebis some tension developing where it doesn't need to be. This thread will breed arguments. I will close it in the morning when I have a chance unless someone beats me to it first. Also, Xavier will be pm'd and it will be explained why it was closed.
I did that.

"(12:38:42) sweekster: i work when i want because i'm sweeks"