HOW-TO: YZF600R Swingarm Conversion Write-Up <Updated>

Got a Yamazuki or a Yamonda? This section is for those who are a little more creative...

Moderators: Site Director, FZR Forum Moderators

yamaha_george
5000+ Posts
5000+ Posts

Re: should I cut 1/2" off YZF600R Swingarm to match 400

Post by yamaha_george »

gussy wrote:Hey guys !!!
Thanks for all the Tips ..... :thumbsup:
I have made quick work of the yzf 600r swingarm to fit to my 89 400/600 fzr
I'm just wondering now that I can mount the yzf rim with the stock 160 should I cut
1/2 inch at the back and move the chain adjusters forward to come back close to the 400 stock length swingarm .
Hopefully someone reads this in the next half hour as I'm on a roll ....
cheers and thanks again .
Gussy,
It is not just the cutting you have to do it is the ACCURACY of the cutting and marking the arm so the wheel & therefore sprocket is square on the bike and not mis-aligning the chain.

CARE is the word here ! DO not ask me how I know that !!!!
jenleigh817
Site Newbie

Re: HOW-TO: YZF600R Swingarm Conversion Write-Up <Updated>

Post by jenleigh817 »

DOES ANYONE IN THE DFW AREA KNOW HOW TO DO THIS SWAP?? I really wanna do it but have no idea what Im doing. If anyone can help PLZ let me know!
Jennifer
zero9243
Level 8.5
Level 8.5

Post by zero9243 »

jenleigh817 wrote:DOES ANYONE IN THE DFW AREA KNOW HOW TO DO THIS SWAP?? I really wanna do it but have no idea what Im doing. If anyone can help PLZ let me know!
Jennifer
DFW= Dallas Fort Worth?
Upgrades:
  • Barnett Clutch------------------------------------------R6 Blue Dots, Front Master Brake Cylinder+Reservoir
    WP Adjustable Rear Shock----------------------------Vortex 520 Conversion with RK GB520GXW Chain
    V&H Header (4-1)--------------------------------------Swingarm Spool Mounts
    Cobra F1r Exhaust Can--------------------------------R6 Voltage Regulator
    Flo-Commander with Remote-------------------------Custom Airtech Passenger Seat
    Stage 7 Jet kit with Diffuser Caps--------------------Factory Pro Nickel Emulsion Tubes
    Wiseco 630 Kit------------------------------------------Custom Frame Slider Mounts
    Modking Hydraulic Clutch Kit--------------------------Hella Projection Headlight with Xentec HID Kit (H9 Bulb)
    Modking Aluminum Radiator Overflow Bottle--------

DonTZ125

Post by DonTZ125 »

In the young lady's display on the right - "Ft Worth, TX." :whistle
zero9243
Level 8.5
Level 8.5

Post by zero9243 »

:duh:
Upgrades:
  • Barnett Clutch------------------------------------------R6 Blue Dots, Front Master Brake Cylinder+Reservoir
    WP Adjustable Rear Shock----------------------------Vortex 520 Conversion with RK GB520GXW Chain
    V&H Header (4-1)--------------------------------------Swingarm Spool Mounts
    Cobra F1r Exhaust Can--------------------------------R6 Voltage Regulator
    Flo-Commander with Remote-------------------------Custom Airtech Passenger Seat
    Stage 7 Jet kit with Diffuser Caps--------------------Factory Pro Nickel Emulsion Tubes
    Wiseco 630 Kit------------------------------------------Custom Frame Slider Mounts
    Modking Hydraulic Clutch Kit--------------------------Hella Projection Headlight with Xentec HID Kit (H9 Bulb)
    Modking Aluminum Radiator Overflow Bottle--------

Nick Howe
50+ Posts
50+ Posts

Post by Nick Howe »

So, what about the yzf750r swingarm? anyone do this to make the thing beefy as hell? http://grabcad.com/library/yamaha-yzf-750-r-swing-arm
they have thems on ebay http://www.ebay.com/itm/1995-YAMAHA-YZF ... _500wt_922
There are no small days.
KaspenOne
100+ Posts
100+ Posts

Post by KaspenOne »

after reading this i really want to attempt, but i just need the basic break down of least items to make this work the easist. i got confused reading the many post of others things related to the swap ;( just tell me the parts I need and I will knock it out , hopefully... lol but good write up
Sal Co-Owner of SisBro Motowerkz, Santa Maria
Pacific Coast Riderz -Vice President- Santa Maria Chapter
1996 Yamaha Fzr 600
UNI Air Filter, FP 1.0, R6 header danmoto exhaust,
Orbit Chain 530 with JT Sprocket Set -1 front/+2 rear
Racetech Front suspension
Bridgestone BT-014 120/70/17 & 150/60/18
http://www.facebook.com/Salvador.Leal.Jr
http://www.youtube.com/user/KaspenOne
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Pacific-C ... 9453630808 & http://www.facebook.com/pcr805
thatkid
2000+ Posts
2000+ Posts

Post by thatkid »

KaspenOne wrote:after reading this i really want to attempt, but i just need the basic break down of least items to make this work the easist. i got confused reading the many post of others things related to the swap ;( just tell me the parts I need and I will knock it out , hopefully... lol but good write up

You can buy a setup from me ready to bolt in if you'd prefer.
Do YOU Scopper?

"When some people cry, it's not because they’re weak. It’s because they’ve been strong for far too long."
Sugoi
Site Newbie

Post by Sugoi »

thatkid wrote:
KaspenOne wrote:after reading this i really want to attempt, but i just need the basic break down of least items to make this work the easist. i got confused reading the many post of others things related to the swap ;( just tell me the parts I need and I will knock it out , hopefully... lol but good write up

You offer a yzf swing arm setup to bolt in directly?

And can anyone answer if there is a significant difference between 2002 and 2003 r6 wheels?
'89 FZR600
marklenardon.com
demon_knight69
Level 4.5
Level 4.5

Post by demon_knight69 »

Sugoi wrote:
thatkid wrote:

You offer a yzf swing arm setup to bolt in directly?

And can anyone answer if there is a significant difference between 2002 and 2003 r6 wheels?
i wish i had got a direct bolt in swap. and would have been a better idea to not do the r6 wheel. oh well, one of these days the bike will be mobile again.

difference between the 2002 and 2003 r6 wheels are the 02 is a 3 spoke (closer match to stock fzr), while the 03 is a 5 spoke. i don't recall what (if any) the differences are in the axle, etc, but it uses different brake rotor for sure.
1996 FZR 600
Custom exhaust made from R6 header and GSXR600 end pipe
K&N Pods
Barnett Clutch
Factory Pro shift kit
Needs paint and on her way to being a streetfighter
Sugoi
Site Newbie

Post by Sugoi »

demon_knight69 wrote: well, one of these days the bike will be mobile again.

difference between the 2002 and 2003 r6 wheels are the 02 is a 3 spoke (closer match to stock fzr), while the 03 is a 5 spoke. i don't recall what (if any) the differences are in the axle, etc, but it uses different brake rotor for sure.
I just like the 5-spoke design more is all, and in the next few weeks hopefully will be installing my new built motor and rear swinger setup too.
'89 FZR600
marklenardon.com
2002R1
Site Newbie

Post by 2002R1 »

Hello first tim here. Looking for the the person that is selling the Fzr conversion. I have a 1998 Fzr 600 i converted into 2001 r6 tank rear tail. I used the orginal fzr lowers and used a after market 2002 r1 upper race faring . Just would like to do that wide tier conversion i have 02 r1 now but still drive the 600 to work in summer months. Or a detailed parts list would be great thank you.
mrfreeze5
Level 8.0
Level 8.0

Post by mrfreeze5 »

I'm not sure if my phone isn't loading everything or are all the pics gone? I can't find my gallery either. Are the member galleries gone? :nopic
thatkid
2000+ Posts
2000+ Posts

Post by thatkid »

mrfreeze5 wrote:I'm not sure if my phone isn't loading everything or are all the pics gone? I can't find my gallery either. Are the member galleries gone? :nopic
Well look at this morose ** over here.

Haha, yeah there were some issues with the site and a lot of the stuff got reset and hasn't been implemented again.
Do YOU Scopper?

"When some people cry, it's not because they’re weak. It’s because they’ve been strong for far too long."
mrfreeze5
Level 8.0
Level 8.0

Post by mrfreeze5 »

Awww. That sucks. I'm reworking the fzr a bit this spring after i finish up my Warrior mods and get back on the road after winter. I'm itching to get my fzr up in the canyons again. Hopefully the new bars will make it a bit more comfortable on my neck and wrists.