Paint color for 94 "white" ??

FZR600 Forum

Moderators: Site Director, FZR Forum Moderators

fizzer6hundred
50+ Posts
50+ Posts

Paint color for 94 "white" ??

Post by fizzer6hundred »

I am am and have been looking for a source of color matching my 1994 FZR600 which is white/yellow rims/blueish factory colors. I tried using the Wiki - simply not complete or helpful, also tried using Yamaha's fish but its misleading (link below) and also colorrite (helpful but misleading as it calls only for the ugly purple version , sorry if I offended anyone with it :). So I really need to figure out the color of the white and blue if possible.

http://www.yamaha-motor.com/sport/parts/
http://www.colorrite.com/product/yamaha ... w-1752.cfm

any ideas or suggestions? I did go to the local auto paint shop and he has chips and I can get close BUT the cost of a custom pint including base and overcoat is like $250 which I only need a small amount and cant afford.
1994 FZR 600 White/Blue/Yellow. Been stored for several years and had 12K miles on it now. Working to get it back on the road.

Located in Phoenix AZ
yamaha_george
5000+ Posts
5000+ Posts

Re: Paint color for 94 "white" ??

Post by yamaha_george »

Hi,
if you put your location in your personal profile as to where you are the answer might be easier my 92 UK 600 is a USA 91 and a German 93 as far as the colour scheme goes
fizzer6hundred
50+ Posts
50+ Posts

Post by fizzer6hundred »

Georgio my pal my location is in my signature :) I am in the USA. So I take it there is no information as to our bike color schemes. I have both the Haynes and factory manuals and looked in the Yamaha micro fishe and the wiki .........no luck. What I am trying to do is build fix and maintain my bike as original as possible. But maybe its a lost cause.
1994 FZR 600 White/Blue/Yellow. Been stored for several years and had 12K miles on it now. Working to get it back on the road.

Located in Phoenix AZ
fizzer6hundred
50+ Posts
50+ Posts

Post by fizzer6hundred »

???

http://www.fzrarchives.com/ipb/index.ph ... opic=44358

Answering my own post possibly?

Located in Phoenix AZ
yamaha_george
5000+ Posts
5000+ Posts

Post by yamaha_george »

fizzer6hundred wrote:Georgio my pal my location is in my signature :) I am in the USA. So I take it there is no information as to our bike color schemes. I have both the Haynes and factory manuals and looked in the Yamaha micro fishe and the wiki .........no luck. What I am trying to do is build fix and maintain my bike as original as possible. But maybe its a lost cause.
hi,
Well the group members normally put their location in their profile as requested as it is out of the "clutter" hiding it in your sig apparently did not work :-}

The Yamaha part books lists a coded part number against painted parts that can be deciphered against paint names or codes.
fizzer6hundred
50+ Posts
50+ Posts

Post by fizzer6hundred »

Hello George,

Do you drink beer? I hear you ol blokes some times partake in a pint or two on that sunny island of yours :) If so have a warm one on me (wish I could join ya but its a bloody long swim mate not to mention a long ass walk across the desert first :)

Now getting down to business.... You mentioned a mysterious "Yamaha Parts Book" above. Might this be the Yamaha Service Manual or is it part of the lost dead sea scrolls?

Also have to stay one step ahead of you and ask does the deciphering of these codes (when the book is found) need an orphan Annie decoder ring to determine the color to a number or code that can be found with today's manufactures?

I know lots of questions for ya Gerogie old pal (can I call you that yet without sharing a beer with you?) but you are obviously an FZR fanatic like me and the most prolific person on this site today. Just think without guys like me asking dumb ass questions all the time this site would be full of guys who have all the answers and then they would only talk about the nail they picked up on on St. James street while smoking a fat cigar.

Located in Phoenix AZ
yamaha_george
5000+ Posts
5000+ Posts

Post by yamaha_george »

The parts book is just that, the Micro fiche or computer generated list of actual parts with a part number for ordering from Papa Yamaha.
The last two /three numbers of painted parts gives the clue as to colour and then in brackets a human readable colour like Cherry red/ Pearl white in the first instances so when you next see the code you can refer back to the colour

eg:- 2N4-24111-00-X9

Model 2N4=dt175
24111=TANK
00 no modifications
X9 = SUNSHINE RED