Carb Intake Boot Temp Repair

FZR600 Forum

Moderators: Site Director, FZR Forum Moderators

ng86
50+ Posts
50+ Posts

Carb Intake Boot Temp Repair

Post by ng86 »

Okay so I need to order some new carb boots, but while I wait for those to come in I need a temporary fix. I was thinking loads of duct tape or electrical tape as some people have done. Others have gone the rtv high temp route. Let me know what you guys think, Thanks. :thumbsup:
1992 Fzr 600 - Airtech Tail, K&N Twin Filters, Aftermarket Chopped Exhaust, Custom Blinkers (Lol)
CRG Bar End Mirror, R6 Front MC and Calipers
Soon To Come (aka wish-list) R6 Front Forks, YZF Rear Swingarm, Factory Pro Shift Kit, Stage 3 Jet Kit, and New Emulsion Tubes
Kyle844
100+ Posts
100+ Posts

Re: Carb Intake Boot Temp Repair

Post by Kyle844 »

I think giving them a good massage with rtv or some type of silicone would fill the cracks nicely, I have not done this tho.
-96 FZR 600 streetfighter full carbon fiber wrap.
-77 Chevy Nova viper red drag car.
Sooty
Site Newbie

Re: Carb Intake Boot Temp Repair

Post by Sooty »

Try using Self Bonding Silicone tape or Self Amalgamating tape, its the stuff they use for wrapping wiring harness with. It has no adhesive on it like the other tapes you mentioned but bonds to its self over 24 hours to form a water and air tight seal. You just stretch it when you apply it to twice its length and overlap by half the width, leave 24 hours and it bonds its self together. Dead easy to put on and no messy adhesive to bleed out.
Yamaha FZR600
1993 (3HHE) American Import