Still low end problems, Please Help!

FZR600 Forum

Moderators: Site Director, FZR Forum Moderators

sfar6100
Site Newbie

Still low end problems, Please Help!

Post by sfar6100 »

I am still having the same low end problem. When first pulling out my low range is really bad. The bike bogs alot before finally picking up around 3-4 rpms. Mid and top end seem fine. The only known issues with the bike are speedometer don't work which can't be related and has a bad VR which might be a related but I thought would only really effect start-up. Here is some info on the bike. 94 FZR 600 Cleaned Carbs multiple times. K&N air filter Slip on pipe Carb jetted with factory pro kit, needle set at 2, and air/fuel screws at 2 1/2. New battery If I'm forgetting anything important please ask and ill let you know to the best of my knowledge. Oh and another thing, at idle when you hit the throttle it hesitates for a half second before reving. Please help as much as you can, ill try anything that's suggested and post my findings.
kilika2
1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts

Re: Still low end problems, Please Help!

Post by kilika2 »

Vr can effect that too however when is the last time you cleaned and synced the carbs? The idle and low end rpms are controlled by the pilot jets so it could be as simple as a blocked passageway.

Chris.
ImageImageImage
Before(5/5/09)_____________After(5/5/10)_____________Way After(8/1/10)

1995 FZR600 Sold :-(
2006 R1 Sold :-\
2009 Buell 1125R :-)
DonTZ125

Re: Still low end problems, Please Help!

Post by DonTZ125 »

You might want to sort that VR before you have more problems than over-rich carbs!