Consolidated link/page to cosmetic mods for FZR600?

FZR600 Forum

Moderators: Site Director, FZR Forum Moderators

Steve Theodore
Site Newbie

Consolidated link/page to cosmetic mods for FZR600?

Post by Steve Theodore »

Hey guys,

I've owned my 1992 Yamaha FZR600 since late last summer and am finally getting to spend some time on her again since the weather is better. Overall I just love the comfort of the bike and of course I love the fact that I already own the bike outright. Mine isn't the prettiest cosmetically, but with only 11,500 miles on her she certainly doesn't feel too tired yet. I'm spending a bit of money on unexpected maintenance, but know this is the way things go sometimes...and I'd like to keep her instead of taking a loss and spending more on another bike.

So, all that being said, I keep reading about people doing upgrades like the R6 tail and other cool modern upgrades like that. I'm very interested in pursuing some cosmetic upgrades for this bike to modernize her a bit. If someone could point me in the direction of a thread (or page elsewhere) that outlines what is possible for the FZR600 I'd sure appreciate it. Thanks in advance!

:nopic
yamaha_george
5000+ Posts
5000+ Posts

Re: Consolidated link/page to cosmetic mods for FZR600?

Post by yamaha_george »

Steve,
the amount of information that is available on this forum is huge and a single link is not that feasable, might I suggest you use the SEARCH facility using other model "words" such as ducati, R6 etc to see what countless others have done
Steve Theodore
Site Newbie

Post by Steve Theodore »

Hi Yamaha George,

I was trying that, but I think the required searched terms were also something I could use some help with. The term 'R6' does seem to go a long way so I'm conscious of that, but if there are other terms that people generally use when discussing these cosmetic improvements, I'd love to hear them to aid in my search. Thanks!
Target30
Level 7.5
Level 7.5

Post by Target30 »

are you looking for easy upgrades, or bolt on(which there really isnt)? or are you looking for a project? obviously plastics are the main visual update. R6 seem to be the most done. YG is correct, search is the best way. hit the gallery also, a lot of pictures, might give you some ideas. heres mine,

picture whoring completed!
I did that.

"(12:38:42) sweekster: i work when i want because i'm sweeks"
Steve Theodore
Site Newbie

Post by Steve Theodore »

Target30 wrote:are you looking for easy upgrades, or bolt on(which there really isnt)? or are you looking for a project? obviously plastics are the main visual update. R6 seem to be the most done. YG is correct, search is the best way. hit the gallery also, a lot of pictures, might give you some ideas. heres mine,

picture whoring completed!
HOLY CRAP...that's exactly what I'm talking about. I just want to learn what is possible, and bikes like yours certainly give me a good feel for that. :cheers:

My problem with searching is that terms like 'R6' and 'R6 tail' are too short for the search function to allow me to use. I think I'll take your suggestion and work my way through the member gallery to look for more options. Ideally I would say updating to a look similar to what you achieved is what I did envision, but of course it sounds like it's not exactly simple and straight forward either. :swear

Thanks for your post...your FZR looks incredible! :headbang:
racerd14666
100+ Posts
100+ Posts

Post by racerd14666 »

i kinda just wanna smack every one i see talking about i wanna do a r6 tail in a nice way, seriously there are hundreds if not thousands of bikes you can choose from why dose every one have to do the same old r1 r6 tail? its ben done time and time again i give target30 major props for doing the ducati swap cus ive never seen it done on a fzr. no matter witch bike you choose to use for your mods there not gonna bolt up, your gona have to hack slash fiberglass plastic weld ect so why not be as original as you can be (since you are starting with production plastics) and do something different and not copy every one els cus the bottom line is anything is possible
Yamaha Certified Technician

But i also work on Ducati's Bmw's Moto Guzzi's and Mv Agusta's Ect.
cad600
1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts

Post by cad600 »

Look through the "Hybrid" section. That is where you will find most of the major mods.

The cosmetic mods will range from easy to mild in terms of how much time and effort is needed. The physical mods will range from easy such as a YZF rear end swap (1-2 days) to very difficult (months and tons of $$$).

Anything s possible if you can dream it up - with in reason. But don't limit yourself to just the R6 tail swap. There is so much more that can be done.

Yes, that is a Single Sided Swingarm FZR600 that I built.

Something is lurking, waiting, wanting to be built......It calls to me from the darkness....

I can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel....Then I realize that it is the train coming to run my ass over....