Choke?

FZR600 Forum

Moderators: Site Director, FZR Forum Moderators

Jaysushi
Site Newbie

Choke?

Post by Jaysushi »

Hey everyone, sorry for this silly question but I've been trying to look for it. So I just got my '97 FZR 600 yesterday and I was wondering where the choke is located on FZR's. I'm use to them being on the left handle bar. Any help would be appreciated, thanks!
rotortech
Level 1.5
Level 1.5

Re: Choke?

Post by rotortech »

Jay,

There is a small lever mounted on the frame on the left side just inside the top edge of the fairing. That is it. Pull back = choke on. Push forward = choke off.
Rotortech
Indianapolis, IN

[color=#0040FF][b]1994 FZR 600[/b]
[list]RaceTech Springs
R6 Rear Shock
FactoryPro Jet Kit
Drop-in K&N Filter[/list][/color]
Jaysushi
Site Newbie

Post by Jaysushi »

Unfortunately my FZR isn't stock fairings so it's very difficult for me to locate it lol. I managed to find the obvious reserve switch by where your left knee goes. Other than that, I'm having no luck finding the choke, hope it even has one D:
thatkid

Post by thatkid »

Ok how the hell was Rotortech suppose to know what your bike has?

You came here and asked for help, not giving any relevant info. Did you ask about where the reserve switch is? nope

me shakes head
rotortech
Level 1.5
Level 1.5

Post by rotortech »

jay,

I can see it in the picture of your bike (which wasn't there on the first post?). In that picture it is almost straight down from the left bar end and attached to the outside of the frame. You can just see the top of the lever pivot assembly (not the official name). The lever handle may be broken off (mine was like that when I got it.)
Rotortech
Indianapolis, IN

[list]RaceTech Springs
R6 Rear Shock
FactoryPro Jet Kit
fzrbrandon
Level 7.5
Level 7.5

Post by fzrbrandon »

Rotortech should have you covered. If not, the lever should be very easy to find. The cable comes off the carbs on the bottom / front of the carb bank. Just trace it and see where it goes. The cable itself is only about a foot long.
Image Image

92 FZR600 - 3EN2 400 swingarm, Micron, DynoJet, Factory Pro, K&N, R6 shock, RT springs/emulators, R6 MC, Galfer, YZF calipers, Vortex, RK, YZF/R6 VR/R, Vortex, Zero Gravity

90 FZR400 - Sharkskinz, D&D, Sudco, DynoJet, Factory Pro, Ohlins, RT springs/emulators, JEM Machine, Woodcraft, NRC, Galfer, Vortex, RK, YZF/R6 VR/R, Vortex, Lockhart Phillips

89 FZR600 - Vance & Hines, DynoJet, Zero Gravity - sold in '91

http://www.fzrbrandon.com

!!! 400 & 600 Parts For Sale !!! viewtopic.php?f=18&t=9971
Kyle844
100+ Posts
100+ Posts

Post by Kyle844 »

That bike = Sexy :duh:
-96 FZR 600 streetfighter full carbon fiber wrap.
-77 Chevy Nova viper red drag car.
thatkid

Post by thatkid »

Jaysushi, Next time you ask for help, please give as much info as you can in your first post I can't speak for other's, but it's irritating when the OP (who has no clue) has had their question answered "spot on" as Rotortech did.

Then in their second post give further info, as you did, updating your sig, then lol. Belittling the response, which was spot on for a stock FZR.

Don't be surprised if you get ignored.
Jaysushi
Site Newbie

Post by Jaysushi »

No problem Mawler, I understand that I should've provided more information lol. But as I've looked everywhere, I still have no luck finding the choke. Maybe the lever is detached or something like that. :headscratch:
rotortech
Level 1.5
Level 1.5

Post by rotortech »

Here it is. I found a picture from my build and circled it for you. Image Yours is in the same place because I can see it in your photo. The black plastic lever is broken off in this photo and yours may be also.
Rotortech
Indianapolis, IN

[list]RaceTech Springs
R6 Rear Shock
FactoryPro Jet Kit
kilika2
1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts

Post by kilika2 »

Yeah rotor beat me to it I was going to say I can see yours in the photo. Or at least I can see where it is suppose to be. The top bolt that holds your fairing in place should go through the bracket that holds the choke in place.

Chris.
ImageImageImage
Before(5/5/09)_____________After(5/5/10)_____________Way After(8/1/10)

1995 FZR600 Sold :-(
2006 R1 Sold :-\
2009 Buell 1125R :-)
Jaysushi
Site Newbie

Post by Jaysushi »

Damn, yeah it seems like mine is broken off. Looking at the same place you have circled, Ill just get it replaced. Thanks for the help guys! :tks: