So, I had a bad day...**added pics**

Any topic relating to the FZR/YZF (UK) or motorcycling in general.

Moderators: Site Director, FZR Forum Moderators

rehaume
100+ Posts
100+ Posts

So, I had a bad day...**added pics**

Post by rehaume »

So my friends and I decided to take out the bike's onto a known canyon out here in southerne california called Angele's Crest it happend two days ago. We ride this canyon all the way through the big tuhungia (sp) and down the 138 and back to Palmdale.. but the other day things didn't go as planned...

we were taking the corners around 65-70 mph, we didn't even think or take into consideration of the recent storms we've been having in the area, I was the lead man in the group and we were doing great, and about 65 or so miles into this canyon turn after turn, well this corner no one could see around, needless to say there were some good size rocks that had fallen off the mountain side as well as limbs, and as soon as i seen them i tried avoiding them and got on the brakes mid corner, felt like my front and back tire started skipping im not sure if that was just from the rocks in the road and the brakes or what, i couldnt then complete the corner and hit some rocks about 2ft high in the on coming lane and ended up going over the handlebars an onto my helmet and shoulders, I landed about 4-5 ft away from the edge of the canyon and my bike spun around and stayed on the road... I'm almost positive i pulled a muscle or tore some tendons in my right shoulder... I can barely move my right arm and my bike is fairly trashed... left side tail fairing busted, gas tank cover, is done, left and right side fairings tore up and front fairing all scratched up... handle bars bent in... i was able to complete the ride afterwards... i was wearing an Icon contra jacket which helped alot... but my jeans didn't help much i have road rash on my knee and up by my groin which really freaked me out... so.. now i suppose im thinking r6 subframe and tail, and gas tank and make a nice fighter or just scrap it and go pick up a R6 or somthing... just overall a bad day, and i know i was lucky... hell im suprised im not dead or ended up in the bottom of the canyon, someone was watching over me... take care.
Last edited by rehaume on Thu Oct 07, 2010 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wichita, KS
95' FZR600
88' FZR400 with YZF 600 Motor
yahoo msg: swingline1021
cad600
1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts

Re: So, I had a bad day...

Post by cad600 »

That suck man. Heel up and get better. Glad your still here.
Yes, that is a Single Sided Swingarm FZR600 that I built.

Something is lurking, waiting, wanting to be built......It calls to me from the darkness....

I can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel....Then I realize that it is the train coming to run my ass over....
sweekster
2000+ Posts
2000+ Posts

Post by sweekster »

That does suck. The crest can be fun but...glad you're ok at least.
Duane...
Bike:
1994 Yamaha FZR 1000 EXUP
Factory Pro Stage 1 Jetting | K&N Filter | Corbin Seat | ProTek Keyless Gas Cap | GSXR Mirrors
My Thread
Cage:
2005 Saab 9-7x 5.3i Arc AWD

THE WIKI IS YOUR FRIEND
THE SEARCH IS YOUR SIGNIFICANT OTHER
USE THEM!!
haunter
2000+ Posts
2000+ Posts

Post by haunter »

ouch glad to hear you are mostly OK though
apsolus
Level 2.5
Level 2.5

Post by apsolus »

i wrecked sunday. my bike went down the mountain side. mostly salvagable thou. ame knee roadrash and little skin off my pinky. im fine i know how you feel, its horrible
zero9243
Level 8.5
Level 8.5

Post by zero9243 »

I hope you heal quickly. How is everything now that it's been a few days? The bruising has started?
Upgrades:
  • Barnett Clutch------------------------------------------R6 Blue Dots, Front Master Brake Cylinder+Reservoir
    WP Adjustable Rear Shock----------------------------Vortex 520 Conversion with RK GB520GXW Chain
    V&H Header (4-1)--------------------------------------Swingarm Spool Mounts
    Cobra F1r Exhaust Can--------------------------------R6 Voltage Regulator
    Flo-Commander with Remote-------------------------Custom Airtech Passenger Seat
    Stage 7 Jet kit with Diffuser Caps--------------------Factory Pro Nickel Emulsion Tubes
    Wiseco 630 Kit------------------------------------------Custom Frame Slider Mounts
    Modking Hydraulic Clutch Kit--------------------------Hella Projection Headlight with Xentec HID Kit (H9 Bulb)
    Modking Aluminum Radiator Overflow Bottle--------

ragedigital
4000+ Posts
4000+ Posts

Post by ragedigital »

Hate to hear when someone goes down. Heal up soon!
Thanks for joining and participating in the most "active" FZR Community on the internet!
rehaume
100+ Posts
100+ Posts

Re: So, I had a bad day...**added pics**

Post by rehaume »

healing slowly, but im healing... yeah the bruising is still with me but i thought i would snap a few crappy photos of the bike...

before pic, with the new GYTR pipe, btw sounds amazing

and 2 of the damn wreck
Wichita, KS
95' FZR600
Munzo
Site Newbie

Post by Munzo »

Man, Sorry to hear you went down. Glad you walked away without any major injury.

The bike doesn't look to bad from the photos. Looks like you need some plastics and a new handle bar? Sounds like it could have been worse.
1996 FZR600
rehaume
100+ Posts
100+ Posts

Post by rehaume »

new plastics or going to make it a hybrid, handle bars just need to be straightened out, the accident happened four days ago, i can move my right arm a little bit more today, thank god for vikodin... id say the mobility of my arm is about 45%
Wichita, KS
95' FZR600
apsolus
Level 2.5
Level 2.5

Post by apsolus »

my bike took most of the damage for me. this was last sunday adn my knee is worse than ever. lots of bruising youch
abs929cbrrr
1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts

Post by abs929cbrrr »

dude that f*ck sucks major donkey dick
02 xr200r set up for XC
96 trx300ex set up for XC

im roadbike less!!!!!!
rehaume
100+ Posts
100+ Posts

Post by rehaume »

abs929cbrrr wrote:dude that f*ck sucks major donkey dick
your telling me lmao, shit will be fixed shortly
Wichita, KS
95' FZR600
apsolus
Level 2.5
Level 2.5

Post by apsolus »

mans gotta hav his bike right? im waiting on my i got two other bikes to ride in the meantime