FS:- 12v 55w/45w Headlight Bulbs

Moderators: Site Director, FZR Forum Moderators

sleepyz0mby
Site Newbie

FS:- 12v 55w/45w Headlight Bulbs

Post by sleepyz0mby »

i've got a 91 - 92 fzr dual projector headlight form the uk in the us and it seems that they dont sell bulbs here for it. i have found some info about them (thankx cad600) but it looks like it wont be cheap.

if any one has any info on what bulbs go in the headlight PLEASE help. for the price that i will be to ship over here i'm really thinking about going HID instead, but i think thats hard to do legally over there, right?

any info on bulbs or hid conversion for sale would be GREAT

thanks
thatkid

Re: 12v 55w/45w Healight Bulbs

Post by thatkid »

UK head lights usually have the bulb type moulded in the headlight glass/lens.

I have the German version one projector and one normal. bulbs are projector H1 and normal H3 on mine. the bulb types are moulded in my glass/lens. Take a close look at the headlamp lens (they are not easily visible)

I think that HIDs in the projectors could crack the headlight glass.

check this thread viewtopic.php?f=19&t=4592
yamaha_george
5000+ Posts
5000+ Posts

Post by yamaha_george »

mawler wrote:UK head lights usually have the bulb type moulded in the headlight glass/lens.

I have the German version one projector and one normal. bulbs are projector H1 and normal H3 on mine. the bulb types are moulded in my glass/lens. Take a close look at the headlamp lens (they are not easily visible)

I think that HIDs in the projectors could crack the headlight glass.

check this thread viewtopic.php?f=19&t=4592
M,
going on from this the HID in the "magnifying lens" type holders will bust the glass with heat they are just too close. I would think that HID in a single lamp set up would be safer JUST A THEORY not tested by me but others have done single HID and they were happy .
thatkid

Post by thatkid »

I must be blind.

12v 55w/45w Healight Bulbs <<< at a guess I'd say they are H4 bulb's which are available that side of the pond.

What bulbs does your German dual projector have Geo?
yamaha_george
5000+ Posts
5000+ Posts

Post by yamaha_george »

mawler wrote:I must be blind.

12v 55w/45w Healight Bulbs <<< at a guess I'd say they are H4 bulb's which are available that side of the pond.

What bulbs does your German dual projector have Geo?
Mal,
they work so never actually checked DOH
have to get on it and look and put it in my owners log books.