FS:- ohlins fzr600 shock for sale (Needs Rebuilt)

Moderators: Site Director, FZR Forum Moderators

barryfzr
Site Newbie

FS:- ohlins fzr600 shock for sale (Needs Rebuilt)

Post by barryfzr »

Hi all great looking site ;o) Hopefully be around a bit. I have a fzr400 2tk with a T'cat engine in.

http://www.400greybike.com/forum/viewto ... 17&t=19338

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi I put "very probably need a rebuild" as I bought this shock some years ago and sold the bike very soon after without using it. I would not like to sell or buy a part that was not described correctly.

I may have painted the worst case scenario and someone may get a real bargain, or a very good buy with a bit of work/knowledge.
barryfzr

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm in Wales (UK) and have been around 400gb and the archives for a few years now (thanks for the kind words ragedigital).

yamaha_george I've heard the rebuilds can be pricey..... but if you could tell me the name of the cheap rebuild place. I could get it resprung for the spare bike.
haunter
2000+ Posts
2000+ Posts

Re: ohlins fzr600 shock for sale

Post by haunter »

oh. man.

unobtanium in the flesh!
ragedigital
4000+ Posts
4000+ Posts

Post by ragedigital »

mawler wrote:What would be the cost of a rebuild?
Depends if you do it yourself or have someone else do it. DIY is probably less than $60 and to have it done is $150+. http://www.moto-pro.com/Services.asp?st ... OCKREBUILD

That shock he is showing is a $600+ shock.
Thanks for joining and participating in the most "active" FZR Community on the internet!
ragedigital
4000+ Posts
4000+ Posts

Post by ragedigital »

Yeah, Barry is from Wales. He has been around for several years on the Archives. He smart enough to ride instead of play in the forums... lol

I will say that if you're serious about your bike's performance (racing / track days), then I would consider this shock. Might be a good way to learn how to rebuild your own shock.
Thanks for joining and participating in the most "active" FZR Community on the internet!
haunter
2000+ Posts
2000+ Posts

Post by haunter »

stock current bike shocks are pretty nice

but the difference between a rebult, vavled, shimed OEM shock and a stocker are night and day

its another jump from that to an ohlins penske ETC

I had an ohlins on one of my FZRs and nothing handled bad pavement better.
yamaha_george
5000+ Posts
5000+ Posts

Post by yamaha_george »

barryfzr wrote:Lol this is turning into a proper debate lol ;o)

Sorry..... yes I'm in Wales (UK) and have been around 400gb and the archives for a few years now (thanks for the kind words ragedigital).

yamaha_george I've heard the rebuilds can be pricey..... but if you could tell me the name of the cheap rebuild place. I could get it resprung for the spare bike.

cheers Barry
Barry,
yeah we are good at debating on this site we can all spare the 2C or 2P every so often.

As for my contact in OZ by the time you paid the UPS freight on the shock each way you are back to almost the cheaper of the uk prices. The guy in NZ was chuffed since he got it sent from Victoria to Phillips island where he was
going to be at a meeting so his costs were minimal. But if you wanna try it the company is ASR and the contact details are on my web site under FZR / "Sacrilege " front shocks mods

If i was going to get it done you being in Wales i would use Maxton for the work. where as i would be a londoner probably go for that lot in Romford whose name has just gone AWOL.(age has its moments)
barryfzr
Site Newbie

Post by barryfzr »

p.s

yamaha_george thank you for the heads up. I will badger Richard at Maxton to see what he says, and look up the ASR crew ;oD
yamaha_george
5000+ Posts
5000+ Posts

Re: ohlins fzr600 shock for sale (Needs Rebuilt)

Post by yamaha_george »

People,
this "discussion" is disrupting the Harmony of the site and is in no-ones interest. Anyone wishing to buy the shock PM the owner

Other than that this thread is Locked !