Herculiner > Paint

Moderators: Site Director, FZR Forum Moderators

rdannar
Site Newbie

Re: Herculiner > Paint

Post by rdannar »

I dig the look. I would use a dull clear coat over it to prevent rubbing off and sealing in the look.
iceman_ch
Site Newbie

Post by iceman_ch »

Actually it is extremely easy to get off. Well easier then you would expect. I bought my bike and it had already been rhino lined. I laid it down and scuffed some of it up not real bad but I figured I would fix it. After looking at if for a while I picked at the edge and the stuff peels off fairly easy. I peeled off the front cowl and one of the side fairings in about an hour. I was going to paint it and make it look nice but the fairings underneath the rhino liner where in horrible condition. The only thing holding them together is the rhino liner. So I reapplied. Mine doesn't get gooey in the heat. I think that any color you paint the rhino liner it should be a flat color so that it doesn't look weird. I painted mine flat black and kept the frame and engine the stock color. It couldn't have added more then a pound or two since it would only take a can or two. I'm thinking about polishing the frame or painting it a glossy black and then painting the rhino liner an urban camouflage or a dessert camouflage on the top with a white bottom.
xxtokesxx
Site Newbie

Post by xxtokesxx »

Got a new windshield, some flush corners, removed the outdated tail and temporarily am using some LEDs, got some aftermarket YZF600 mirrors so I can see, new Main Relay, starter solenoid, etc... Still need to do the wheels but whatever... Had some led turns for the rear, but they were extra wack so i took them off. Laid the bike down on Thursday, fixed a cracked starter cover and repainted the fairing on that side and it took like 2 hours to get her back on the road lol... Herculiner ftw bishes.

I went to judge the Subi Show w/ a friend on Saturday I removed that wack ass icon sticker already haha.

I got bored so I herculined my helmet and got a new tinted face shield for it... so now i look like a freekin power ranger.

Went to ride w/ a friend on KY-9 on Sunday...
Last edited by xxtokesxx on Tue May 25, 2010 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kilika2
1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts

Post by kilika2 »

What state do you live in. Guessing Ky because of the highway you said. Anyway the reason I ask is because we have the same Graffiti on the bathroom of a couple places here in MO. Didn't know if it was organized crime or what. haha.

Chris.
ImageImageImage
Before(5/5/09)_____________After(5/5/10)_____________Way After(8/1/10)

1995 FZR600 Sold :-(
2006 R1 Sold :-\
2009 Buell 1125R :-)
xxtokesxx
Site Newbie

Post by xxtokesxx »

I actually live in Southern Ohio... It's a conspiracy!!!! haha