Fuel pump whirr

FZR600 Forum

Moderators: Site Director, FZR Forum Moderators

FZR AL
Site Newbie

Fuel pump whirr

Post by FZR AL »

Hi Guys ,

I have noticed that my fuel pump on my FZR600 genesis (89) is starting to whirr even longer than normal,before I packed her away for winter it whirred for a couple of seconds when switching the ignition on , but now its maybe 5-6 seconds ,this is my first fzr so what i really want to know is it on its way out .

the bike starts perfect,

cheers al
:thumbsup:
If all else fails (hit it with a big hammer)
yamaha_george
5000+ Posts
5000+ Posts

Re: Fuel pump whirr

Post by yamaha_george »

FZR AL wrote:Hi Guys ,

I have noticed that my fuel pump on my FZR600 genesis (89) is starting to whirr even longer than normal,before I packed her away for winter it whirred for a couple of seconds when switching the ignition on , but now its maybe 5-6 seconds ,this is my first fzr so what i really want to know is it on its way out .

the bike starts perfect,

cheers al
:thumbsup:
Al,
the important thing is it starts and runs, the length of time the pump kicks in depends on how much fuel is added to the carb bowls to fill them up yo working level.

PS if that is nr Leeds UK put the capital L in and the UK as i believe their is a leeds some place else :-} and the English chapter needs all the support it can get LoL
ragedigital
4000+ Posts
4000+ Posts

Re: Fuel pump whirr

Post by ragedigital »

I certainly wouldn't worry about it. Just make sure you have plenty o' petrol and that there are no kinked hoses.
Thanks for joining and participating in the most "active" FZR Community on the internet!