Parts- gaskets and rings

Any topic relating to the FZR/YZF (UK) or motorcycling in general.

Moderators: Site Director, FZR Forum Moderators

Kahlil27
Site Newbie

Parts- gaskets and rings

Post by Kahlil27 »

HI
I'm in Australia and they rip us off something chronic on parts over here so I want to mail order them from the states. Problem is I don't know where to go. Can anyone tell me a trustworthy supplier of gaskets and rings so I can finish rebuilding my fizzer 400? Much appreciated people. I don't really care if they're after market or genuine as long as they do the trick. OEM gaskets would be fine and genuine rings would be preferred.
Steve
ragedigital
4000+ Posts
4000+ Posts

Re: Parts- gaskets and rings

Post by ragedigital »

You might want to PM "corks67" - he's another Aussie and can probably help with identifying the best ways of shipping.

You can start with this thread: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=3&p=3#p3

I personally use Derby Cycles, but I'm not sure if they ship overseas. If it's cheaper to ship to someone in the states, then have them ship to you via USPS, then I'd be willing to help.
Thanks for joining and participating in the most "active" FZR Community on the internet!
dru86
Level 1.5
Level 1.5

Re: Parts- gaskets and rings

Post by dru86 »

I know what you mean about getting ripped off I've found it far cheaper even with shipping to get stuff from the US(especially with their crumbling $).

What model 400 is yours? In the US they only got the 1wg so if yours is one of the other models they probably wont have parts for it. Normally I try getting stuff of eBay. Shipping wise try and steer clear of all the private carriers ups, dhl, fedex etc the costs are more than excessive and they like to add on charges too, I only use USPS it is FAR cheaper(they work with Auspost on our end).

Where in Australia are you?
fzr660/400: fzr400 3en1 frame, 3en2 swinger, custom single seat subframe, fzr660 motor conversion, APE adjustable cam gears, full D&D 4-2-1 exhaust, falicon clutch basket, ignitech ignition, R6 front end with tz250 wheel, ohlins shock, storz steering damper, tzr250 rear wheel.

weighs 166kg wet (25kg lighter than my stock fzr600).