i think its time to part...

Moderators: Site Director, FZR Forum Moderators

haro504
Level 7.5
Level 7.5

Re: i think its time to part...

Post by haro504 »

if a bearing goes it usually scars the crank and youll need to either have it turned or replaced cause it wil just eat through the new bearing it would probally be cheaper to replace the engine with a used one than to pay to have the work done. unless the bearings are ball bearings i havent had one of these motors apart to know what type of bearings are in there
ones life is the way it is only because you allow it make it happen.
i poop my pants i poop my pants
CRGkart44
Site Newbie

Post by CRGkart44 »

i will be doing the work myself. I know the crank/journals where the bearing seats are scared from the metal shavings. As long as it lasts this season... i really do not care. Im not spending the money on a new motor for this thing. At least not right now.

I need to get in there and see how bad the scoring is. Do i need to pull the cylinders to get to it? I know ill be able to see everything from pulling the oil pan. But, will i be able to replace the bearings from there?
1989 FZR1000
Shes on her last leg.. :(
DonTZ125

Post by DonTZ125 »

There are two or three bolts under the cylinder block that must be removed to split the cases. Pulling the crank basically means tearing it down to bits and pieces...
Brutal Tooth
50+ Posts
50+ Posts

Post by Brutal Tooth »