Project 44 - 400/YZF Hybrid SHE STARTED TODAY!!!!!!

Got a Yamazuki or a Yamonda? This section is for those who are a little more creative...

Moderators: Site Director, FZR Forum Moderators

DonTZ125

Re: Project 44 - 400/YZF Hybrid SHE STARTED TODAY!!!!!!

Post by DonTZ125 »

China_Racer_1 wrote: I am even geared a bit off though I think I still have too much 6th gear left at the end of the straight.

If I add a tooth or three in the back I think I will be hitting the rev limiter just before I need to hit the brakes which is right where I want to be.
Hi, Steve.

If you have ANY 6th left you're geared too tall. You should be bouncing off the limiter before your brake marker - the top speed you lose isn't much, but you get there faster and hold it longer, PLUS you get better drive off the corners.

If you're thinking of adding rear, drop 1 front, then add/drop 1 rear to trim.
China_Racer_1
Level 5.0
Level 5.0

Post by China_Racer_1 »

yeah thanks I am in talks with JT saprockets tech guy right now. He suggested that go with a 14T front 47T rear.

Presently I am at a 14T front 43T rear.

I wanted to go to a 13t Front and maybe see how that went and if not enough then go up to a 45 then a 47 rear and see what works.

yes I know I want to hit the rev limmiter and rider for a second before I grab brakes. Thats my goal... Agreed.

I need to check out what I have now in warm weather when I can get a good drive out of T12/T13 before the back straight. It was really frigin cold last time out and I could not get a drive out that was worth a hoot.
DonTZ125

Post by DonTZ125 »

I didn't realise your front was all ready so small - never mind what I said, go with the 14/47 like the JT man said! :whistle
pefrey
Level 5.5
Level 5.5

Post by pefrey »

IMO a 13 front would be too small and would beat up your chain pretty good.
China_Racer_1
Level 5.0
Level 5.0

Post by China_Racer_1 »

pefrey wrote:IMO a 13 front would be too small and would beat up your chain pretty good.

DING DING DING! give that man a prize! that is EXACTLY what the JT sprocket tech said!
China_Racer_1
Level 5.0
Level 5.0

Post by China_Racer_1 »

Well its getting warmer by the day. Soon track days & Practice sessions will be here and then May 1st is our first scheduled race that I know of.

I got the piston kit and gaskets here together now. Here are a few pics of my progress so far.

I have been working cleaning the bike and every part I could. It is pretty buffed out now.

I have made quite a few small item upgrades and adjustments that are too many to list here but they all are needed toward the goal of a light weight fast and clean looking bike.

There are still upgrades I want to do but for now this is just fine untill I can get ahead on some cash.

Pics:

Shop clean and ready for the rebuild

I know it sounds a bit anal but little items like this I clean and hit with #0000 steel wool in an effort to make it as smooth as possible.

Basically anything I can get polished up in there I do to help the flow of oil and reduce friction even if by a minute amount I figure it all adds up down the line.

I am running constant loss so the starter , gears and this starter gear are out or will be out by weeks end.

My fuel cell gets covered by a tank cover. But its thin and flimsy so I have these pads which really force me to stuff the tank cover over and now its a tight fit and nothing moves.

My flywheel is of no use other than the pick ups so I will machine out all this inner crap and only leave enough to make the pickups function reliably.

I have the Wiseco sponsored 2mm over bore pistons in, but I have a stock gasket which I see needs to be opened up a bit. So I only have the pins in and no rings or clips. just on there for testing the cleareance.

I go to Uli's shop early next week to finsh up. He has what I need to get the gears and flywheel off.

So I wrapped and labled every thing up for transprt. Its only 20 mnutes from here but still beeter safe than sorry.

Ok thats it for now. More later this week of our build in progress picks and then its assembly fo the bke time. Once this engine is done I will be up and running in two weeks.

Still waiting for one more box from the USA to arrive with a few key parts.
China_Racer_1
Level 5.0
Level 5.0

Post by China_Racer_1 »

So I got done with the engine polishing. I got about 8 - 10 hours into it al by hand.

Started wth 400 Grit then up to 600 then I jumped up to 1200 then to 2000 then I hit it with #0000 steel wool then soem mothers polish. This got the look I was lookign for a rough shine almost satin but still a good gloss.

If I went up in slower steps like 600 to 800 to 1000 etc then it would have lookked mirrored and I was not after that look. I just wanted clean and a bit of glean. ha ha

I did this all this weekend as my weekend night "My time " project late in the evenings. Thats how I de-compress,from the weeks bull shit.

It came out well enough. I did not spend half the time I need to really make it shine but its a race bike and I was just doing it to kil time waiting for some parts to arrive from the states.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lina_in_ch ... 402510181/
Here is a link to my flick account showing the engine. If you look around there should be another thread showing the bike. I am just getting this site set up so beare with me while I try to figure it out.

Let me know if the link works I might need to unblock the bike pics they might be restricted right now. I'l ltry to get to it tonight.

This link is to the collection of pic on the race bike build I will be adding more folders as I go. I got a shit load of pics to upload though.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lina_in_ch ... 353979937/
yamaha_george
5000+ Posts
5000+ Posts

Post by yamaha_george »

Steve,
You have WAY too much time on your hands, polishing the cases will keep heat in the engine as you are reducing the surface area by removing all the minute pits in the case.
Go buff a chinese girl lot more fun and her keeping hot by rubbing her up & down is always best LoL
China_Racer_1
Level 5.0
Level 5.0

Post by China_Racer_1 »

He he He its a bit of an illusion really.

I polished the case around where the cover will fit up to show a contract. Those aras I went to town on. They are really nice looking.

The rest I hit with Steel wool and mothers and it came out pretty well. still not smooth so I think the surface will still disapate heat though perhaps a few micro seconds slower ha ha. :headbang:

I left teh front and underside alone and have no plans to touch that area. Jut where you can see when the skins are on. Lazy biker polish ha ha
China_Racer_1
Level 5.0
Level 5.0

Post by China_Racer_1 »

Tach...... whats that? When I run her in I just go up and down the gears up and down on the rpms and call it good.

1st session I just up and down on the throttle a bit and not too high on the revs.... 2nd sesison a bit higher and toward the end I go for it.

I change the oil then thats that time to hammer the f*ck out of her.

Its a single ring piston set that Wiseco sponsored me and I am being told just seat the rings and I am good to go. Worked last time sooooooo

Speedo... f*ck I don't want to know I might get scared lol

Yup no tach, no speedo, no starter motor, no starter gears, no stator, no nothing, just bump start and go. Running constant loss.

I just got her all together and cleaned her up.

I am missing a few small items one being my new 8" carbon can and I will get her a new paint job on the fairing and run her pretty much all black with a few logos from the few sponsors I have.

Enjoy the pics

Right side view

Left Side View

Ass end View

Safety wire on the pinch bolt and caliper bolts

I finally put some brake pads in the rear. last race I had pads but they were down to the metal.. I never use them anyway but for safety sake I want them for back up stopping power if I need it.

I also polished up the spacers and caliper holder thingy (Yes thats a technical term)

OK About the sponge bob stickers:
My daughter go them and decided the one on the under tail was good to distract riders behind me...

She thought to have the one on the back of the seat was just funny showing sponge bob smelling my ass ha ha

A pretty empty front end. I moved the CDI up front in an attempt to keep it a bit cooler than stuffed under the seat.

tank top view

A few battle scars from last seasons race... Opps guess I side swiped something he he he damned safety cones are afixed to the track!

Not the cone shape type but the tubular ones that are about a meter tall. I got pushed into them first corner fighting. but I gained a position so.. oh well..
China_Racer_1
Level 5.0
Level 5.0

Post by China_Racer_1 »

bump
shredex
2000+ Posts
2000+ Posts

Post by shredex »

<3
yamaha_george
5000+ Posts
5000+ Posts

Post by yamaha_george »

China_Racer_1 wrote:bump
Yeh, Steve saw that in the last picture <BG> squid
zero9243
Level 8.5
Level 8.5

Post by zero9243 »

yummy
Upgrades:
  • Barnett Clutch------------------------------------------R6 Blue Dots, Front Master Brake Cylinder+Reservoir
    WP Adjustable Rear Shock----------------------------Vortex 520 Conversion with RK GB520GXW Chain
    V&H Header (4-1)--------------------------------------Swingarm Spool Mounts
    Cobra F1r Exhaust Can--------------------------------R6 Voltage Regulator
    Flo-Commander with Remote-------------------------Custom Airtech Passenger Seat
    Stage 7 Jet kit with Diffuser Caps--------------------Factory Pro Nickel Emulsion Tubes
    Wiseco 630 Kit------------------------------------------Custom Frame Slider Mounts
    Modking Hydraulic Clutch Kit--------------------------Hella Projection Headlight with Xentec HID Kit (H9 Bulb)
    Modking Aluminum Radiator Overflow Bottle--------

sweekster
2000+ Posts
2000+ Posts

Post by sweekster »

Looks impressive Steve. Anyway we can get some video of it?
Duane...
Bike:
1994 Yamaha FZR 1000 EXUP
Factory Pro Stage 1 Jetting | K&N Filter | Corbin Seat | ProTek Keyless Gas Cap | GSXR Mirrors
My Thread
Cage:
2005 Saab 9-7x 5.3i Arc AWD

THE WIKI IS YOUR FRIEND
THE SEARCH IS YOUR SIGNIFICANT OTHER
USE THEM!!