FS: 1991 fzr600 rebuilt

Moderators: Site Director, FZR Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Sellers: Your "For Sale" ad may be pulled if you do NOT have your location in your profile. New members with less than 10 posts should give adequate information concerning themselves and why they are selling.

Members: Please use your best judgement when buying from others online, whether it be from someone here or Craigslist or eBay. Use a service to pay, like PayPal, never send cash, checks or other payment. If possible, refrain from giving out too much of your personal information. We do not limit new users from selling as we want our members to be able to get first dibs. It can be risky buying from anyone. Use common sense. If it doesn't feel right - don't do it. If possible, buy from a reputable member.

Please Note: Neither FZROnline.com, nor those financially responsible for the domain, nor any of the community members, will be held responsible for any transaction in anyway being it financially or otherwise.

While not required to sell your items, if you feel compelled to do so, you may make a donation to this site via PayPal to donation@fzronline.com, to help keep this forum active.
matt87
Site Newbie

FS: 1991 fzr600 rebuilt

Post by matt87 »

FS: Fully rebuilt 91 fzr600. It doesn’t get much use out here at NIU as it used to so I need it gone. I rebuilt this bike 2 winters ago after receiving the bike in less than optimal condition. I took the bike down to the frame and had it powder coated (frame, swingarm, wheels, and triple clamp). I also added new bearings all around (wheels, swingarm, steering head). With the engine out I did a valve check and shimming as well as add a barnett clutch kit (plates and springs). When it was put back together it was professionally painted at the local acura dealership to a graphite gray. There was a lot more done that I will list below that would take too long to mention here. The only thing the bike could possibly use is a tune for part throttle at low speeds as the emulsion tubes were just replaced with factory pro units but I ride it still without being bothered. Just took it on a 60 mile round trip to work earlier in the week. The only other thing I can think of it the airteck tz250 tail was starting to crack so up close some spider cracks in the paint under the clearcoat can be seen but I have since reinforced the tail with epoxy under the areas. When I recieved the bike it had no speedo or odometer so mileage is unknown but current odometer reads 25xxx. The bike is located in Dekalb about an hour and a half west of chicago. Test drives can be arranged if you leave a deposite or another motorcycle. Asking 2500. Im often not around the forums much but I can be easily reached at mturn0687@yahoo.com

Parts List:

Powder Coated (frame, swingarm, wheels, and triple clamp)
New Bearings (wheels, swingarm, and steering head)
New Bridgestone bt014's front and back (80% tread left)
Painted metallic graphite gray
New tinted windscreen
520 chain and geared w/ teflon coated black sprockets
Custom tzr250 race tail fabricated
R6 voltage regulator
R6 complete front brake system (master cylinder, lines, calipers, and pads)
Yoshimura slip on
K & N reusable air filter
Barnett clutch kit
Factory Pro emulsion tubes
Cleaned and synced carbs
Valve check and adjustment
Flush mount front turnsignals
Jet Black levers
New grips
r1 front fender pictured has been replaced with stock fender

lafaro
100+ Posts
100+ Posts
Location: currently north carolina/ hometown fair lawn new jersey

Re: FS: 1991 fzr600 rebuilt

Post by lafaro »

very nice man good job. i have a question thought how come u replaced the r1 fender back with the stock one. just curious

1999 fzr 600 *vance and hines can and header*stage 2 jet kit*r1 front seat*frame painted gloss black*"ducati" style mirrors with integrared smoked blinkers*r1 tail and pit-eck fiberglass undertail molded into a 1 piece tail and undertail*black powdercoated brake and clutch levers*Bridgestone BT-014*single headlight 92 front fairing swap*powdercoated black engine covers(TK)*aluminum coolent tank(modking)*2007 cbr1000rr rear seat*zero gravity smoked windscreen cut short*lowered front 2"
matt87
Site Newbie

Post by matt87 »

My mounting was poor and it rattle constantly. So instead of waiting for the day for it to cause something bad to happen I took it off.
matt87
Site Newbie

Post by matt87 »

Price reduced to $2000. Anyone?
tampaFZR600
Level 4.0
Level 4.0

Post by tampaFZR600 »

this bitch is SEXY! I think i just figured out what color to paint my bike!
FZR 600 "bring back to life" project.... SHE LIVES!!!
FZR manual---->> http://commline.com/FZR/600/MANUAL/
matt87
Site Newbie

Post by matt87 »

Down to 1800. Buy!!!
delvryboy
Level 5.0
Level 5.0

Post by delvryboy »

Bump for a hot bike that is starting to get to a hot price.

Had you posted this on CL a week earlier @ this price, I would of bought it real fast.
'92 FZR600
Race Tech Springs & Gold Valve Emulators * '06 R6 MC & Calipers * '06 R6 Rear Shock
130 Dynojet Mains/Pods/Flo-Comander * Full Yoshi Exhaust w/ Custom Can
'06 R6 VR * Full OEM Clutch * 14/49 520 Gearing
Seca II Triple w/ Modded Sport Tour Bars * Aztec8 Dual 4" w/ 4100K Halagon lamps * LED Tail/Turn Signals * Vapor Gauges
Lots of Powder
matt87
Site Newbie

Post by matt87 »

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... 8425#v4-13

Local ebay list. I had it on craigslist for 1800 about a month ago but everyone still tries to lowball.
yamaha fzr
Site Newbie

Post by yamaha fzr »

BUMP for one hell of a FZR where is it located? If I wasnt getting a FZR 1000 id be all over it
matt87
Site Newbie

Post by matt87 »

Located in dekalb. Were about an hour and a half west of chicago. Would be an hour but 88 has been under construction for the last 10 years it seems.