DAMN!!!

Got a Yamazuki or a Yamonda? This section is for those who are a little more creative...

Moderators: Site Director, FZR Forum Moderators

ragedigital
4000+ Posts
4000+ Posts

Re: DAMN!!!

Post by ragedigital »

Yeah, the YZF600s bolt right on and they're actually a very useable mirror compared to the mickey mouse stock ones.
Thanks for joining and participating in the most "active" FZR Community on the internet!
sweekster
2000+ Posts
2000+ Posts

Post by sweekster »

SilverJS wrote:Rage : and those were bolt-on?

Sweekster : I did! Maybe my search string was wrong? I searched for "replacement mirror", "aftermarket mirror" and ....something else, I can't remember...=)
I never did a thread on the GSXR mirror mod. I'm actually running the very same mirrors that were on my old bike (FZR600) like 3 years ago. Someone on the YZF600 forums did a how to on it back in 07 and it can be seen here. The ones Rage suggested are bolt on and are OEM style replacements for what came on my bike and the YZF series bikes from the factory. Those are good and provide better visibility than the stock round Mickey Mouse ear ones but I went with the GSXR mirrors because they stick out further. I can see completely behind me with no intrusion from my shoulders or arms whatsoever. I also don't get any buzzing or vibration. They are also secure and don't fold in at higher speeds.

Hope that helps.
Duane...
Bike:
1994 Yamaha FZR 1000 EXUP
Factory Pro Stage 1 Jetting | K&N Filter | Corbin Seat | ProTek Keyless Gas Cap | GSXR Mirrors
My Thread
Cage:
2005 Saab 9-7x 5.3i Arc AWD

THE WIKI IS YOUR FRIEND
THE SEARCH IS YOUR SIGNIFICANT OTHER
USE THEM!!
SilverJS
50+ Posts
50+ Posts

Post by SilverJS »

Rage/Sweekster : This is indeed very helpful. I had not thought of checking YZF600r.com (but God knows I was there a LOT when I was running my YZF600 engine), BUT - the only thing is, I'm running a FZR400, so we might not be running the same mirror bases to begin with (I know the mirrors are different, the 400 ones are not round). A search on Powersportspro.com confirmed that part numbers for the 600 and 400 birdcages are different (which won't surprise anyone - and no, this wasn't using the 91-92 FZR600 :grinnod: ), but this is probably due to a variety of factors other than mirror bolt patterns.

So, I have no way to confirm whether or not a GSX-R mirror will fit on my 400 - but hey, I'll try anywas! It's probably not that difficult to make it work. More to follow.