how to: fairing repair, plastic welding for around $15

FZR600 Forum

Moderators: Site Director, FZR Forum Moderators

FzrAtx
Site Newbie

Re: how to: fairing repair, plastic welding for around $15

Post by FzrAtx »

May I just say that this works way better than fiberglass on plastic!!! I have an upper in about 5 pieces that I soldering iron welded back together. I went to this corner that everyone goes off the road and picked up a few pieces of other peoples fairings that I used as the filler material!!!
96 Fzr600, YZF front end, D&D exhaust, R6 front calipers & master...
saving up for tank/tail conversion, maybe swingarm too
match417
Level 8.0
Level 8.0

Post by match417 »

nice, sounds like my left fairing..lol. My friend was riding my bike (too fast i think) and the fairing ripped off from the wind on the freeway, people ran over it, and it was in about 5 or 6 pieces, he got off an exit, turned around and came back to pull all of the pieces off and piled them up on the side of the road, I went and picked up everything that night. It was already cracked to begin with, that was why he said it came apart. I fiberglassed most of it back together before I learned to plastic weld, I learned to plastic weld later on and I fixed all of the small spots and fairing mount holes. You can't even tell now unless you look on the inside.
check out my car and bike projects on http://youtube.com/match417
FzrAtx
Site Newbie

Post by FzrAtx »

Ha! thats funny my left fairing ripped off my bike doing like 120, but thankfully it flew into the median so nobody ran over it. I fiberglassed it together until the other day when I lowsided and tore my upper and left fairing up. So Yay plastic welding!
96 Fzr600, YZF front end, D&D exhaust, R6 front calipers & master...
saving up for tank/tail conversion, maybe swingarm too