Fork springs.

FZR600 Forum

Moderators: Site Director, FZR Forum Moderators

delvryboy
Level 5.0
Level 5.0

Fork springs.

Post by delvryboy »

Can these be replaced while on the bike? From the looks of the break down it can be done without even removing them from the triple.

The reason I ask is I'm getting some new racetech springs geared towards my weight, but they're not in my budget until next month. I was going to do the fork seals this weekend. If it can't be done, I'll just put off the seals until I get the springs.
'92 FZR600
Race Tech Springs & Gold Valve Emulators * '06 R6 MC & Calipers * '06 R6 Rear Shock
130 Dynojet Mains/Pods/Flo-Comander * Full Yoshi Exhaust w/ Custom Can
'06 R6 VR * Full OEM Clutch * 14/49 520 Gearing
Seca II Triple w/ Modded Sport Tour Bars * Aztec8 Dual 4" w/ 4100K Halagon lamps * LED Tail/Turn Signals * Vapor Gauges
Lots of Powder
touch
Site Newbie

Re: Fork springs.

Post by touch »

Yes, you can change the springs on the bike. If you have already changed the fork oil and cleaned your forks, then I can't think of any reason not to swap them while the forks are in the triple trees.
delvryboy
Level 5.0
Level 5.0

Post by delvryboy »

Thanks.
'92 FZR600
Race Tech Springs & Gold Valve Emulators * '06 R6 MC & Calipers * '06 R6 Rear Shock
130 Dynojet Mains/Pods/Flo-Comander * Full Yoshi Exhaust w/ Custom Can
'06 R6 VR * Full OEM Clutch * 14/49 520 Gearing
Seca II Triple w/ Modded Sport Tour Bars * Aztec8 Dual 4" w/ 4100K Halagon lamps * LED Tail/Turn Signals * Vapor Gauges
Lots of Powder
Hawker
Site Newbie

Post by Hawker »

Switch the springs in one fork leg, seal it back up, and THEN do the swap in the other leg. DO NOT take both springs out at the same time. A collapsed front end and fairing damage is the probable result. Don't ask me how I know.