Project 44 - 400/YZF Hybrid SHE STARTED TODAY!!!!!!

Got a Yamazuki or a Yamonda? This section is for those who are a little more creative...

Moderators: Site Director, FZR Forum Moderators

China_Racer_1
Level 5.0
Level 5.0

Re: Project 44 - China_racer_1's 400/YZF Hybrid

Post by China_Racer_1 »

Update: (Pics Below)
April 24th 2009.

OK, so my week went like this:

Monday - Sorry Steve we need to pull sponsorship for your next race at least. The company needs to tighten its belt for a few months.

Friday - So Steve how do you feel about two to three weeks off without pay. We really need to tighten up and we have nothing for you to do after this next oven is finished.
Now you have plenty of time to build your bike though right?

f*ck it, thats life. moving on.....

So Uli and I got started working on the subframe installed the 600 yzfEngine, we used the original fuel tank, cut it open and took 3cm of height out of it so its shorter now and I can use the carbon fiber cover now.

It looked like total shit filled rust inside. So we sand blasted it first. Uli will have it done tomorrow.

Next we fit up the 636 radiator and the Hindle exhaust then fit in the body work I already modified. Get the brackets and tach dash made. I need to get this done asap so I can get the body work painted up. Given the fact I lost my sponsorship I think I will do it up a little different than the sponsors colors. but who knows. Thats for later next week to figure out.

Here are a few pics for ya

Uli weldng up the Subframe - She wil be mounted on the 3EN Frame

We took the black colored 400cc engine out and replaced it with Spyders built 600cc YZF engine.

Side view with someparts fit up. The 400 exhaust bolted right up so we used it to get an idea how the whole thing will lay out. Monday we will cut and install the Hindle... it needs a small mod to work.

Cut lines on the original 3EN fuel tank

crap in side the cut open tank. its shinny clean now after sand blasting it. .72mm thick on the shell thickness.

Uli "Signals" me that he is done for the night.

Pretty much where we are at right now except we have the fuel tank out, cut blasted and getting welded up tomorrow.
China_Racer_1
Level 5.0
Level 5.0

Post by China_Racer_1 »

update,

I plan to do the following today:

Since Uli finished the fuel tank yesterday I will put the anti slosh foam in it today. this means the cover can be fit up, then the seat positioned and bolt mounts welded on.
Next we fit up the radiator then the fairing. I think the fairing will get mounted tomorrow though.

I have an air intake scopp coming for the Kawi body work and we are trying to figure out the best route for the air intakes. We have alredy designed in theory and integrated air box which incorperates teh tank adn gas tnk cover.

Since I have velocity stacks on the Flat slides the air box will not need to be air tight just give it a bit of steady flow and some air pressure.

Pics by days end of the progress
China_Racer_1
Level 5.0
Level 5.0

Post by China_Racer_1 »

Well its been a bit of a slow go but we got the subframe doen up, the fuel tank cut split sand blasted and set in place.

Ulli was supposed to weld it up last night.

The body work fits as far as the carbon fiber tank cover and solo race seat. I just confirmed I have one more of each coming for the 400cc bike as well as a carbon front fender for this project bike.

This yellow fender has been removed and painted black anyway. I will use it until the carbon one arriveds in 4 weeks then save it as a race spare.

Now to get the radiator fit up then the fairings in place. I will get the exhaust and Fox twin clicker installed in the next few days as well.
mossy1200
Level 5.0
Level 5.0

Post by mossy1200 »

I just drooled on my keyboard.
You wanna keep me away from your bike.
I might molest it or something.

Nice work.
China_Racer_1
Level 5.0
Level 5.0

Post by China_Racer_1 »

Lol, Thanks.

I want the guys I race against here to drool when I kick thier ass next race.

I got so much little upgrades going into this I think I need to sit down one day and list them all out. I tried before but kept saying oh yeah I forgot...I did this and I did that.

Almost there..... I can almost smell the race fuel now.......
haunter
2000+ Posts
2000+ Posts

Post by haunter »

:cheers:

very nice work steve!
megaloxana
2000+ Posts
2000+ Posts

Post by megaloxana »

Im crazy excited to see this bad boy finally on the track...I cant even imagine what you're feeling :tard:
'92 FZR 600
Airtech R1 kit \*/ 520 conversion \*/ 14F-47R gearing
K&N pod filters \*/ Stage 3 jet kit \*/ Factory Pro shift kit \*/ Full V&H SS exhaust
Custom '02 R6 undertail \*/ YZF gas tank \*/ Raised via dogbones \*/ custom flush turnsignals
Full R6 brake set-up \*/ SS lines \*/ Progressive fork springs \*/ ZX2 coilpack

ADD YOURSELF TO THE OFFICIAL FZRONLINE GOOGLE EARTH MAP :bunny :banjoman
China_Racer_1
Level 5.0
Level 5.0

Post by China_Racer_1 »

megaloxana wrote:Im crazy excited to see this bad boy finally on the track...I cant even imagine what you're feeling :tard:
Said with an Indian (From India- no disrespect intended) Accent...... I am standing besides myself sporting a tremendous woody waiting for my machine to be ready now. :-)
China_Racer_1
Level 5.0
Level 5.0

Post by China_Racer_1 »

Well here it is race weekend. So I will be busy going to a few events and while not racing I need to coordinate moving the bikes from various locations in the city to The Shanghai F1 track, which is outside fo the city by about 20 miles. 12 bikes in all.

I got 4 sets of tie downs. A truck that hold three bikes at a time, a tank full of gass and half a pack of cigarettes... let roll!

I installed tthe new painted black front fender yesterday. I confirmed the new Carbon Fiber one will be her in 4 weeks. Plenty of time for the next race.

I also switched out the stock clip ons with the Woods Craft clip ons I had bought.

Uli infact weleded up teh fuel vcell so we are now workignonteh small parts. Teh wheel spacer i tne hrear is machined adn instlled now so teh rear end is nw 100% less a 520 Chain on te hway this week.

I got the velocity stacks in as well yesterday, for the flat slides. They are 70mm in height. This will produce more grunt where I need it.
The track I am on is short tight twist with little to no straights. I need all the low end and mid range I can get on it.

We looked at the gearing and the ratio chart adn we will go with a 13 tooth front adn a 43 tooth rear for a starting point. I have 14 tooth front and 15 tooth front and Ithink a 16 tooth front sprocket for the bikes as well as a few rear sprocket sizes to play with.

I also got some Carbon Fiber (Look) levers I installed. I searched and found the least cheesy looking levers I could.

I am not a big fan of this carbon fber look stuff. The real carbon has a much beter look than the stick on or painted on or whatever it is.

But the theme of the bike is Carbon Fiber so I need to make as much of it look C.F. as possible. I even bought a Carbon Fiber look oil fill cap. But its a bitch to inslall and take off and not practicle for racing. I guess once I have the bike ready to go to the grid I wil put it on.

YEAH I KNOW, PICTURES !!! I KNOW, I KNOW, ALREADY! You guys are nothing but a bunch of FZR picture junkies... look at yourselves! (Yeah Me too) I'll have pictures posted by Monday of the progress. :-)
sweekster
2000+ Posts
2000+ Posts

Post by sweekster »

:cheers: :banana: :shocker
Duane...
Bike:
1994 Yamaha FZR 1000 EXUP
Factory Pro Stage 1 Jetting | K&N Filter | Corbin Seat | ProTek Keyless Gas Cap | GSXR Mirrors
My Thread
Cage:
2005 Saab 9-7x 5.3i Arc AWD

THE WIKI IS YOUR FRIEND
THE SEARCH IS YOUR SIGNIFICANT OTHER
USE THEM!!
China_Racer_1
Level 5.0
Level 5.0

Post by China_Racer_1 »

May 15 update - Today we got a lot done on the bike.

Instead of saying what, here are a few pics with captions

to do the under side work we simply used what we had for a way to get things up wher we could work on it.

Exhaust hanger mount welded on

Got the Fox Twin Clicker installed solid

Pretty much Where we are right now.

I need velocity stacks as the ones I rush shipped over here are of course WRONG! stupid dealers! I sent them a frigin picture of the carbs and how they mount and everything what else do they want.

Basically though all we have left is body work fitment, break in the engine, finish welding up the fuel cell, front fairing / guage cluster mount and a few odds and ends.

I got 2 each - 520 chains and two sets of brake pads front and rear so no worries there for a while. The F1 tracks here really eat up the pads with the high speed to hair pin turns they have.
Target30
Level 7.5
Level 7.5

Post by Target30 »

no, no, no, no! all wrong! terrible, you need to ship that thing over here to me so you dont make the same mistakes twice, and start over! :banana:

Dude, that is awesome, i cannot wait to see pictures of you on the podium, (ahem, wearing an FZROnline t-shirt!) :whistle

that thing is going to haul ass. i've got the yzf engine fever! :duh:
I did that.

"(12:38:42) sweekster: i work when i want because i'm sweeks"
ragedigital
4000+ Posts
4000+ Posts

Post by ragedigital »

I thought maybe you had an issue getting on to the site after we switched servers. Glad to see that your hands are not idle.

I can't tell you how handy it must be to have Uli there... I would love to have a welder that accessible.

darrin
Thanks for joining and participating in the most "active" FZR Community on the internet!
haunter
2000+ Posts
2000+ Posts

Post by haunter »

x elenty billion

my buddy welds but damn is he hard to get ahold of
China_Racer_1
Level 5.0
Level 5.0

Post by China_Racer_1 »

Thanks guys.

So close I can taste it. Uli is a god send on th welding part yes. Nice to have him right here to help me.

But I woud rather be doing this on my Hybrid and not on this beat up R6 soon, sooon :-)