YZF SWINGARM SWAP..... DONE!

Got a Yamazuki or a Yamonda? This section is for those who are a little more creative...

Moderators: Site Director, FZR Forum Moderators

tampaFZR600
Level 4.0
Level 4.0

Re: Another YZF swingarm?! UGH, enough already!

Post by tampaFZR600 »

O YA! Got her runnin tonight! It turned out to be, that the stator that was sold to me is a YZF stator, which fit, and looks the same, but the pickup was positioned about 2" to the right of it. So we hooked up the old pickup and stator, without the generator, and we got spark! Put the plug back on and it started about 15 tries... Sounds good, and it doesn't smoke!!

So this means, now i can continue the swingarm swap....Which i have to go buy the bearing for still. Tomorrow I'm buying the matte black for the frame and swing.

Thanks to shredex for stoppin in to help :headbang:
FZR 600 "bring back to life" project.... SHE LIVES!!!
FZR manual---->> http://commline.com/FZR/600/MANUAL/
shredex
2000+ Posts
2000+ Posts

Post by shredex »

didnt smoke out of the exhaust lol.....everything else was just about smoking...I hope you put something over the crank case exhaust so no more rain goes into there.
and it did sound good...sounded just like mine when I had that exhaust...just need a good sync.
when are you guys gonna do the sync? Id like to try syncing with that tool he has.
oh wait...you cant sync till you get that new cover...or use the old one because the bike has to be running when syncing
tampaFZR600
Level 4.0
Level 4.0

Post by tampaFZR600 »

shredex wrote:didnt smoke out of the exhaust lol.....everything else was just about smoking...I hope you put something over the crank case exhaust so no more rain goes into there.
and it did sound good...sounded just like mine when I had that exhaust...just need a good sync.
when are you guys gonna do the sync? Id like to try syncing with that tool he has.
oh wait...you cant sync till you get that new cover...or use the old one because the bike has to be running when syncing
lol, no black smoke= good piston rings
there was only that small bit of "moisture smoke" , but there was none after about 10 minutes...

It's not like we leave it uncovered lol, it always has a tarp over it. No worries. I gotta catch up with the guy that sold me the stator on here...hmmmm
shredex
2000+ Posts
2000+ Posts

Post by shredex »

lol yea...TK has a cover for $50 shipped w/powder...and the cover set is $150
go onto the yzf forums and try selling your yzf cover and use that money to get a normal fzr motor...
there is someone around me selling a fzr motor for $100...I tried getting ahold of him, but didnt get a reply
tampaFZR600
Level 4.0
Level 4.0

Post by tampaFZR600 »

shredex wrote:lol yea...TK has a cover for $50 shipped w/powder...and the cover set is $150
go onto the yzf forums and try selling your yzf cover and use that money to get a normal fzr motor...
there is someone around me selling a fzr motor for $100...I tried getting ahold of him, but didnt get a reply
what do you mean a motor??? All i need is the cover, i already have the coil and a good pickup, we know that.
shredex
2000+ Posts
2000+ Posts

Post by shredex »

i just mean its a whole motor and it has all the covers...its always good to have extra parts around...you could use the block since yours is busted on the stator! lol
tampaFZR600
Level 4.0
Level 4.0

Post by tampaFZR600 »

psssshhh thats the last thing i'm worried about, I still have 4 of the 5 bolt holes lol.....at least i can get mine off :thumbsup:

Plus, i dont need ANY more parts layin around lolol
shredex
2000+ Posts
2000+ Posts

Post by shredex »

hey,at least its not laying around at your place! lol

wonder if the black smoke my exhaust produces is because of a bad piston ring...it would explain my power loss lol...maybe its not the coils after all O.O

i would cry if that were the case
tampaFZR600
Level 4.0
Level 4.0

Post by tampaFZR600 »

shredex wrote:hey,at least its not laying around at your place! lol

wonder if the black smoke my exhaust produces is because of a bad piston ring...it would explain my power loss lol...maybe its not the coils after all O.O

i would cry if that were the case
I've heard it could possibly be a stuck float in your carbs...Black smoke is fuel, not oil.

so don't cry yet...
shredex
2000+ Posts
2000+ Posts

Post by shredex »

not a stuck float...the smoke means that im running rich...i cant seem to make the richness go away though...

you still need to get carb cleaner and soak you carbs...theres this stuff you can set it in over night called "Zep" that will clean them complety...dont know how much a gallon of that stuff costs though...TK would know...he bought a 5 gallontub of it.

have you got a lead on a new cover yet?
tampaFZR600
Level 4.0
Level 4.0

Post by tampaFZR600 »

shredex wrote:not a stuck float...the smoke means that im running rich...i cant seem to make the richness go away though...

you still need to get carb cleaner and soak you carbs...theres this stuff you can set it in over night called "Zep" that will clean them complety...dont know how much a gallon of that stuff costs though...TK would know...he bought a 5 gallontub of it.

have you got a lead on a new cover yet?
so you already took apart your carbs and know for a fact that its not a stuck float? Cuz yea, the smoke is b/c your running rich, but you might be running rich b/c your carbs. My friend that knows alot about carbs says its your float or a f*ck up JET. So i would rip them apart...

And I already cleaned them with carb cleaner(the 1 gal bucket), but i gotta takem apart again anyway cuz i need to put those new o rings in...

And i PM'ed TK.
shredex
2000+ Posts
2000+ Posts

Post by shredex »

yea...iv torn them apart about 5 times in the past month to find the bug...i adjusted my floats also...and checked everything to see that they were in working order.

you need to also swap back those float bowls...lol
tampaFZR600
Level 4.0
Level 4.0

Post by tampaFZR600 »

shredex wrote:yea...iv torn them apart about 5 times in the past month to find the bug...i adjusted my floats also...and checked everything to see that they were in working order.

you need to also swap back those float bowls...lol
haha :duh: it's my first time taking apart carbs alright, lay off! :tard:
shredex
2000+ Posts
2000+ Posts

Post by shredex »

this guy is parting his fzr600...check him for parts
http://www.fzrarchives.com/ipb/index.ph ... =44716&hl=
tampaFZR600
Level 4.0
Level 4.0

Post by tampaFZR600 »

going to go get that damn 25 dollar bearing and paint tomorrow.... Final paint pics will be up soon along with my drimel job on the swing.