quick ????? about fluid check

Moderators: Site Director, FZR Forum Moderators

chrisfzr1000
Site Newbie

quick ????? about fluid check

Post by chrisfzr1000 »

hi guys when i check my fluid on the top of the bars for the clutche do i stand the bike up straight or leave it on the side stand for the fluide reading i know a basic ??? but just makeing sure i do it rite..also does the bike run cooler with out the lower part of the faring on the bike i see some of the guys take the lowers of and looks real cool thx guys for the help :shocker
sweekster
2000+ Posts
2000+ Posts

Re: quick ????? about fluid check

Post by sweekster »

It's better to have the bike level (straight up)to get the best reading from the bottles in my opinion. I'll let the street fighter guys answer the cooling question.
Duane...
Bike:
1994 Yamaha FZR 1000 EXUP
Factory Pro Stage 1 Jetting | K&N Filter | Corbin Seat | ProTek Keyless Gas Cap | GSXR Mirrors
My Thread
Cage:
2005 Saab 9-7x 5.3i Arc AWD

THE WIKI IS YOUR FRIEND
THE SEARCH IS YOUR SIGNIFICANT OTHER
USE THEM!!
chrisfzr1000
Site Newbie

Re: quick ????? about fluide check

Post by chrisfzr1000 »

hey thxs for the info man :cheers:
makenzie71
50+ Posts
50+ Posts

Post by makenzie71 »

If you're thermostat is working properly it won't run any different with or without the fairings.
yamaha_george
5000+ Posts
5000+ Posts

Post by yamaha_george »

makenzie71 wrote:If you're thermostat is working properly it won't run any different with or without the fairings.
+1 on that , some of us in colder climes use a RAD guard just to keep the temp up and as stated the thermo if it is working as planned we will not cook the engine but having it work as it should.