tail swap help please

FZR600 Forum

Moderators: Site Director, FZR Forum Moderators

ANCIAL
Site Newbie

tail swap help please

Post by ANCIAL »

ok im doing a tail swap. and when i say tail swap i mean tail swap rear frame and all and dont worry im a licensed and pro welder with my own shop. but anyways i cant figure out what to do with the radiator reserve overflow bottle there is absolutely no room in the new tail. ive seen a lot of fzrs with tail mads and i can tell the bottle doesnt fit in them what do you do with it or do you just disregard completely. please let me know. oh yeah and it a 92 600. thanks for any help :tks:
LIVE AS IF YOU WILL DIE-DIE AS YOU HAVE LIVED
megaloxana
2000+ Posts
2000+ Posts

Re: tail swap help please

Post by megaloxana »

There's are lots of home made variations of the coolant resevior. Usually people just take bottles from like brake fluid bottles and stuff. Here's some pics of one I made out of PVC and some brass nipples.

ImageImageImage
'92 FZR 600
Airtech R1 kit \*/ 520 conversion \*/ 14F-47R gearing
K&N pod filters \*/ Stage 3 jet kit \*/ Factory Pro shift kit \*/ Full V&H SS exhaust
Custom '02 R6 undertail \*/ YZF gas tank \*/ Raised via dogbones \*/ custom flush turnsignals
Full R6 brake set-up \*/ SS lines \*/ Progressive fork springs \*/ ZX2 coilpack

ADD YOURSELF TO THE OFFICIAL FZRONLINE GOOGLE EARTH MAP :bunny :banjoman
zero9243
Level 8.5
Level 8.5

Post by zero9243 »

ANCIAL wrote:ok im doing a tail swap. and when i say tail swap i mean tail swap rear frame and all and dont worry im a licensed and pro welder with my own shop. but anyways i cant figure out what to do with the radiator reserve overflow bottle there is absolutely no room in the new tail. ive seen a lot of fzrs with tail mads and i can tell the bottle doesnt fit in them what do you do with it or do you just disregard completely. please let me know. oh yeah and it a 92 600. thanks for any help :tks:
Well thatkid has his patent pending technique of taking a water bottle and mounting it to the frame somewhere. Or just do what the racers do and mount a little bottle on one of the fork tubes with zip ties for a cheap easy fix
Upgrades:
  • Barnett Clutch------------------------------------------R6 Blue Dots, Front Master Brake Cylinder+Reservoir
    WP Adjustable Rear Shock----------------------------Vortex 520 Conversion with RK GB520GXW Chain
    V&H Header (4-1)--------------------------------------Swingarm Spool Mounts
    Cobra F1r Exhaust Can--------------------------------R6 Voltage Regulator
    Flo-Commander with Remote-------------------------Custom Airtech Passenger Seat
    Stage 7 Jet kit with Diffuser Caps--------------------Factory Pro Nickel Emulsion Tubes
    Wiseco 630 Kit------------------------------------------Custom Frame Slider Mounts
    Modking Hydraulic Clutch Kit--------------------------Hella Projection Headlight with Xentec HID Kit (H9 Bulb)
    Modking Aluminum Radiator Overflow Bottle--------

reelrazor
Wrench
Wrench

Post by reelrazor »

Hell, do a nice custom fab and use one of the subframe rails as the res!

Bung in some pipe elbows and use clear tube between them for a sight glass
http://www.michiganmobileservice.com/

“A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.”-Douglas Adams

http://www.youtube.com/user/reelrazor
95FZR600
2000+ Posts
2000+ Posts

Post by 95FZR600 »

I mounted mine on the same side but hidden inside the rear fairing and made it out of a brake fluid bottle and siliconed a better lid on it like a cone shaped so I could get a hose into it. On the rear of the bottle I used a rubber grommet and cut a hole in it (bottle)for the hose.
2002 Yamaha R6-----2003 Yamaha R6

match417
Level 8.0
Level 8.0

Post by match417 »

I plastic welded mine so it would fit in my 05 r6 tail. took a lot of cutting, measuring and melting. This is a modified stock one. I just zip tied it to my frame and put the tail on. it looks like an elf shoe..lol

check out my car and bike projects on http://youtube.com/match417
bweight
Level 4.0
Level 4.0

Post by bweight »

Good lord that's one ugly lookin overflow bottle :D

However if it works, what's the big deal since you don't see it anyways..
89 FZR 400
Custom Paintjob
600 plastics.
06 - R6 Shock
FZR600 Motor
Polished Frame & Engine Covers

Soon to be:
Broke........

FZROnline.com Decals. Get yours Now!!!
95FZR600
2000+ Posts
2000+ Posts

Post by 95FZR600 »

ANCIAL wrote:ok im doing a tail swap. and when i say tail swap i mean tail swap rear frame and all and dont worry im a licensed and pro welder with my own shop. but anyways i cant figure out what to do with the radiator reserve overflow bottle there is absolutely no room in the new tail. ive seen a lot of fzrs with tail mads and i can tell the bottle doesnt fit in them what do you do with it or do you just disregard completely. please let me know. oh yeah and it a 92 600. thanks for any help :tks:

Which year and make tail you going with? Keep us posted.

ANCIAL
Site Newbie

Post by ANCIAL »

well the tail that im putting on is from an 07 hyosung gt650 its a wide ass tail and i like the way it looks when it is all together the lines will flow pretty good. Just to let those you who are prbably why would he do a complete tail swap the guy who had it befor me 12 oclocked it onto the tail and completly trashed it so but here are some pics of what im working with.and ill keep posting the progress. ImageImageImage
LIVE AS IF YOU WILL DIE-DIE AS YOU HAVE LIVED
megaloxana
2000+ Posts
2000+ Posts

Post by megaloxana »

That tail does flow really well, nice choice. Got any pics from a rear angle?
'92 FZR 600
Airtech R1 kit \*/ 520 conversion \*/ 14F-47R gearing
K&N pod filters \*/ Stage 3 jet kit \*/ Factory Pro shift kit \*/ Full V&H SS exhaust
Custom '02 R6 undertail \*/ YZF gas tank \*/ Raised via dogbones \*/ custom flush turnsignals
Full R6 brake set-up \*/ SS lines \*/ Progressive fork springs \*/ ZX2 coilpack

ADD YOURSELF TO THE OFFICIAL FZRONLINE GOOGLE EARTH MAP :bunny :banjoman
95FZR600
2000+ Posts
2000+ Posts

Post by 95FZR600 »

Looking good. I like the plastics on those bikes, they do flow nice.

shredex
2000+ Posts
2000+ Posts

Post by shredex »

whoa....what are the passenger pegs from?
95FZR600
2000+ Posts
2000+ Posts

Post by 95FZR600 »

shredex wrote:whoa....what are the passenger pegs from?
Read the whole thread. It says in the 1st paragraph he's installing the whole subframe and tail and then in his last post it says hes using the hysong tail. :cheers:

yamaha_george
5000+ Posts
5000+ Posts

Post by yamaha_george »

ANCIAL wrote:well the tail that im putting on is from an 07 hyosung gt650 its a wide ass tail and i like the way it looks when it is all together the lines will flow pretty good. Just to let those you who are prbably why would he do a complete tail swap the guy who had it befor me 12 oclocked it onto the tail and completly trashed it so but here are some pics of what im working with.and ill keep posting the progress.]

Ancial,
Nice looking tail cannot say we have them here in the uk, as for the o/flow bottle, racers tend to put them inside the fairing on the front frame down tubes some zip tied others with brackets that fit the original frame bolts. Others have them tucked into the nose portion of the fairing.

My personal favourite was done by our own RCPLAYLAND and is made from a radio control models fuel tank (all the fittings required are on it and it is small enough to go right behind the battery & CDI unit (right under your butt virtually ) between the frame rails .

He did do a number of photo's and a write up so you should find it with the site search.

The rest of you if you have clean solutions to this FAQ about bottles forward with pics to me so I can do a WIKI HOW TO on it !!!!!

ShogunTX
Level 4.5
Level 4.5

Post by ShogunTX »

I know MShap moved hers up front, under the temp sensor. Zip Tied I presume. The RC gas tank Idea sounds like a winner