Project 44 - 400/YZF Hybrid SHE STARTED TODAY!!!!!!

Got a Yamazuki or a Yamonda? This section is for those who are a little more creative...

Moderators: Site Director, FZR Forum Moderators

China_Racer_1
Level 5.0
Level 5.0

Re: Project 44 - China_racer_1's 400/YZF Hybrid

Post by China_Racer_1 »

I took a few pics today of where I am right now.

I have the body work fit up. Ithink I need to bring the bottom - front rearward a bit more but for the most part she is spot on.

Once I get this thing sanded down and all smooth and ready for painting then I will not show you any more pics until its done and back on the bike all done.... rear wheel and all.

Oh and the wife just called from Singapore she got a good deal on a helmet Cam. So expect some FZR on board vids soon.

here are the pics

A view from the rear. not much skin on it but it will do. Not the aluminum fairing stay on teh upper fairing. I used it off m old TZR

Here is the nose area and the rod I added to hod up the front end. That Tach is a bit on th wobbl side I noticed so i will add a "V" type brace of some sort.

NOTE: The wind screen is a broken one I cut back just to use for fitment so I would not scratch up th new one I have.

Spyder
Site Newbie

Post by Spyder »

Its an 02-03 R1 front end..

Just finished the motor tonight after fighting with UPS over some bullshit for the past 4-5 months. Im bout to crate it up this weekend and it'll be off to Steve in China. Alot of time, blood, phone calls, e-mails, text messages, SCREAMING at UPS, and overall waiting just for this engine..

lol I told steve in an e-mail, if this engine dont run.. Im goin to jail for bombing the main hub for UPS for drop kicking this engine from NY, to TX, to WA and back to NY again.

shredex
2000+ Posts
2000+ Posts

Post by shredex »

China_Racer_1 wrote:

China,

You have the same throttle hook up as me...mines off an 04-06 r1 though.
I had the mod the cables in order for them to work on the carbs.
what did you do to get them to work?
shredex
2000+ Posts
2000+ Posts

Post by shredex »

spyder, is that a FI fzr motor??? or yzf600
PIMPMYFZR
1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts

Post by PIMPMYFZR »

Damn that motor been around the way for a while now ...
2002 R1 9k miles , Hotbodies undertail , Chopped Hindle Hi Mount , Solo Seat cowl,Frame sliders, little yellow yamaha wheel stickers .hehe
94' 600RR SOLD**
hid xenon
airtek solo tail
time for a 1000
R.I.P DaD 2/17/09 Your in my <3 always
sweekster
2000+ Posts
2000+ Posts

Post by sweekster »

shredex wrote:spyder, is that a FI fzr motor??? or yzf600
Those are flatsides my friend. But that is a 660 motor if i remember correctly.
Duane...
Bike:
1994 Yamaha FZR 1000 EXUP
Factory Pro Stage 1 Jetting | K&N Filter | Corbin Seat | ProTek Keyless Gas Cap | GSXR Mirrors
My Thread
Cage:
2005 Saab 9-7x 5.3i Arc AWD

THE WIKI IS YOUR FRIEND
THE SEARCH IS YOUR SIGNIFICANT OTHER
USE THEM!!
cad600
1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts

Post by cad600 »

Glad to see your still around Steve. Spyder - that motor looks great. Good job.
Yes, that is a Single Sided Swingarm FZR600 that I built.

Something is lurking, waiting, wanting to be built......It calls to me from the darkness....

I can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel....Then I realize that it is the train coming to run my ass over....
Spyder
Site Newbie

Post by Spyder »

sweekster wrote:
shredex wrote:spyder, is that a FI fzr motor??? or yzf600
Those are flatsides my friend. But that is a 660 motor if i remember correctly.

Flat slides they are.. its not a 660 though, Just a clean, FAST revving YZF600r motor. Stock bore.. He NEEDS to be a stock 600 cc's for the class he's in, nothing more or he get's booted from that race class

Full port and polish, 5 angle valve job, valves re-sprung, new pistons, rings, rods, ALL new roller and crank bearings, lightened and rebalanced crank, undercut tranny, and pro shift kit. If he decides to lighten the flywheel over there it'll rev a shit ton faster too.
China_Racer_1
Level 5.0
Level 5.0

Post by China_Racer_1 »

Hello All,

I finally am back on line on a more regular basis. Here is the progress so far with a few pics if can get them to upload.
1st I got the engine shipped from the USA and it made it into Hong Kong with no issues.

Currently it’s being smuggled in to Mainland China. Once in I will get it air freighted up to me here in Shanghai, where the Project 44 bike is waiting for her new power plant.
Actually I have three FZR-400s right now.

One is the Project 44 bike but the 400 Engine comes out and goes in to the 3EN frame which now have an r-6 front end (2006) and a Delta box 400 swing arm on which has been fitted with an F2 rear wheel.

3EN Waiting for a new life

I NEED A 2006 R-6 FRONT WHEEL ANYONE HAVE ONE? WITH THE SPACERS?

It was a clean and easy bolt on thanks to GP Racer on the FZR Forum. I have a training session with Dave Sadowski in a few weeks and will meet with my Carbon fiber sponsor who already said they would toss me a new set of skins for the tank cover and seat as well as an r-6 fender for the 400CC bike.

The third bike I have not seen yet. Its 3TJ and should have it in hand in about a month. Its going from the port to the Race shop for a front to tail overhaul and then I will put it on the track.

End result will be I have a 400 to train on a 400 to race and a 600 YZF hybrid t race.
The trainer is actually for our club for new riders to beat up and learn how to race on as its such a forgiving bike for such a task.
I wil of course add pics as I get more things finished.

Right now I have a goal of taking a large pile of body work and getting it on the bikes.
In order for this to happen I need everything completed. The body work will be the last task. So that’s my goal …skin the bikes. So I need to finish all other issues prior.

Image Body work pile Uppers and lowers are off a 2007 (I think) Kawasaki ZX6 RR

Image Bikes side by side ready to move the engine out of the bike on the right and into the bke on the left. The bike on the right (THe project 44 bike) will get its new engine soon.

Oh Spyder mentioned lightening up the ?? shit was it the stator? Anyone got a suggestion how to do this/is there a thread on it? I got a machine shop right around the corner form my new job and they can do anything.

I plan on having them finish the rear wheel deal when I get the YZF engine I it as well since John (My other machining guy) seems to take a year and a day to do anything.
ragedigital
4000+ Posts
4000+ Posts

Post by ragedigital »

China_Racer_1 wrote:Oh Spyder mentioned lightening up the ?? shit was it the stator?
I've always thought that bad boy could be lightened up quite a bit. Leave the outside alone and shave off on the inside of it. It's so thick... I'm sure an 1/8" or more could be removed. I'd definitely have another handy before attempting though.
Thanks for joining and participating in the most "active" FZR Community on the internet!
China_Racer_1
Level 5.0
Level 5.0

Post by China_Racer_1 »

Yes that is the Carbon fiber on the tank cover, seat, and front fender for the R-1 set up.

I already talked to OYA Carbon and will get the same for the 400 trainer Bike for Andrew but swap out the front fender for the R-6 fender.

I have a meeting with them in a few weeks to finalize their support package for the 2009 season. Basically still just product sponsorship but thats enough.

They treat me right and give me free carbon parts so I have no complaints.

I just found out tonight my first race of the season will be on March 21st & 22nd. Its a two day two race event for pooints in the Pan Delta Series.

I suddenly feel the urgent need to finish this project up and get on the track ASAP and sort it all out.
China_Racer_1
Level 5.0
Level 5.0

Post by China_Racer_1 »

Did a little mock up work on the Body work I got the other day.

Naked and engieneless trainer bike waiting for her new powerplant

Project 44 bike with the 400 engine in it waiting for her new 600YZF engine to arrive

I am kind of stuck.

Not sure if I want to move the 400cc engine out of th Project 44 bike and into the Tainer bike just yet.

Reason being that if my 600 YZF engine does not make it in time I need to be on the track on something ad if its just a 400 against all the 600s then so be it. So until I have engine in hand I will not move it. though I am jumping out of my skin to do it.

I should get confrmatin in a day maybe two that the engine made it across the border Ok and is on the way to me here in Shanghai.

Man what a frigin task this thing has been.

Its taken a whole frigin year to get to this point.

I am just burnt out on the project and want the engine in and dynoed and the bike on the track! arghhhh! :-)
China_Racer_1
Level 5.0
Level 5.0

Post by China_Racer_1 »

Oh give me a break, I was alone, finernail ripped off and I still thoght of your guys and snapped a shot before iwent in to fix myself up.. .ha ha

I did not mention earlier that the nail was not all the way off inisally. It was hanging on by about 25% so I sucked it up (as you suggested)and grabbed it and ripped it the rest of the way off.

I figure I was in so much pain and shock from the initial injury it was the best time to follow through and take it off all at once. No way it would have stayed on and I would have had to have it done later so might as well take the pain all at once and move on :-)

Now that hurt! My finger hurts just thinking about it again. ha ha ha ha ha

Some hydrogen poroxide applied after a anti bacterial soap scrub and then a bit of neosporyn. All ready to got to work this morning adn get to welding and grinding. So yeah I sucked it up! Hard Core IMHO lol
shredex
2000+ Posts
2000+ Posts

Post by shredex »

is that a 636 front?
China_Racer_1
Level 5.0
Level 5.0

Post by China_Racer_1 »

The Project 44 bike (the one with the black forks) has a front end off a 2002/2003 Yamaha R-1.

The trainer bike (With the gold forks) is off a 2006/2007 Yamaha R-6

Both will be clad upper and lower with the Kawasaki ZX-6R body work. They are such an easy fit. A little tweaking but not much. Pretty straight forward really.

The busted finger is off an 1962 model American made motorcycle nut. :-)