spark plug went out AGAIN

FZR600 Forum

Moderators: Site Director, FZR Forum Moderators

shredex
2000+ Posts
2000+ Posts

Re: spark plug went out AGAIN

Post by shredex »

sweekster wrote:When you had the carbs apart where was the clip on the needles? That could be why you are running rich. The clip might be too low. How do you know for sure that your emulsion tubes are good if you didn't know how to take them out? How did you figure it was a factory pro kit that you have? Your sig says it's a 1.1 Ti Pro kit. You've verified this to be correct? You could have a stage 3 kit (which will also cause it to be rich)-most people run pods with those but you can run an airbox with that setup as well.
from the top of the needle, they are all set on the second clip down...
I can not verify my emulsion tubes are good...I wish I knew how to remove them so I could get a good look...
The stage three kit requires slide drilling and the one on my bike has no drilling...Im taking an educated guess that mine is the 1.1 because it looks like the one in the pic..the 1.0 has a wider looking spring and mine has the thinner one like the 1.1
I dont know how to fully conferm this though...
FinaLd8ta
Site Newbie

Post by FinaLd8ta »

sync ur carbs i bet it needs it
1989 FZR 600,
MODS: R6 master, clutch perch, and VR
93 FZR 4pot calipers (89 is 2 pot caliper)
and 4in X 18im rear rim (89 is 3.5in wide)
full muzzy exhaust, uni airfilter
BODY: choped tail, frame and rims black, Image
Vance/Hines engine covers

furture MODS
new plastics
R6 tail
race teck springs or r6 front susp

as of now she has no plastics on at all
shredex
2000+ Posts
2000+ Posts

Post by shredex »

FinaLd8ta wrote:sync ur carbs i bet it needs it
I guess my bike has really good timing though...
I had a certified bike tech compliment my bikes sound.
he was super suprised it is an 89' lol...
he rides his 2007 gsxr600...I pull much nicer/better wheelies than he does :banana:
thatkid
2000+ Posts
2000+ Posts

Post by thatkid »

shredex wrote:
FinaLd8ta wrote:sync ur carbs i bet it needs it
I guess my bike has really good timing though...
I had a certified bike tech compliment my bikes sound.
he was super suprised it is an 89' lol...
he rides his 2007 gsxr600...I pull much nicer/better wheelies than he does :banana:
And if carbs had anything to do with timing that would be a helpful statement. If your float heights are wrong you're pretty screwed no matter what else you do. If your float needles are worn, you're screwed. If your seals are bad, you're screwed. All of those things will cause problems with your carbs. Float height set accurately is extremely important. Each carb should be heat tuned. Setting them all the same amount of turns out is a general guideline. Saying the rest work fine at that setting so this one should too isn't going to work. Each one will wear differently and will require it's own personal setting.

As for non drilled slides.... The DynoJet stage 3 says to drill the slides yet mine aren't drilled, Darrin never drilled his, and many other folk never drilled theirs. Not a definite test as to what setup you have.
Do YOU Scopper?

"When some people cry, it's not because they’re weak. It’s because they’ve been strong for far too long."
manveru
Level 3.5
Level 3.5

Post by manveru »

+1 on the slides not being drilled. factory pro doesn't require them to be if i remember right. have you been burning any oil?
shredex
2000+ Posts
2000+ Posts

Post by shredex »

manveru wrote:+1 on the slides not being drilled. factory pro doesn't require them to be if i remember right. have you been burning any oil?
I go threw oil pretty quick...
and I know mines a factory pro because I have 5 clip positions on my needles and the dynojet has 6