some pics from my trip

Moderators: Site Director, FZR Forum Moderators

orlandoFZR
Site Newbie

some pics from my trip

Post by orlandoFZR »

To north Georgia, I really need a new chain now.

Last edited by orlandoFZR on Thu May 15, 2008 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
94 FZR600
ragedigital
4000+ Posts
4000+ Posts

Re: some pics from my trip

Post by ragedigital »

Photos look great!

The reason they they look that way is that I have it set not to chop your photos down automatically - yet. Just widen your browser window and you'll see the entire photo.

darrin
Thanks for joining and participating in the most "active" FZR Community on the internet!
billy_awesome
Level 2.0
Level 2.0

Post by billy_awesome »

I would of tripped and fallen off the cliff.

Nice pics bro, I hope to be doing the same this weekend!
haunter
2000+ Posts
2000+ Posts

Post by haunter »

nice scenery!
ShogunTX
Level 4.5
Level 4.5

Post by ShogunTX »

Nice pictures, looks like you are ready for Deals Gap ......ROAD TRIP!
demon_knight69
Level 4.5
Level 4.5

Post by demon_knight69 »

very nice! nice 250 ninja too :D that was my first bike, mine was bright yellow though. great fun in the twisties, you can throw that little bugger all over the place. how do you have your tail setup? is that a competition werkes fender eliminator? and where did you get that tail light? it all looks very good, giving me second thoughts on putting an r6 tail on mine.
1996 FZR 600
Custom exhaust made from R6 header and GSXR600 end pipe
K&N Pods
Barnett Clutch
Factory Pro shift kit
Needs paint and on her way to being a streetfighter
orlandoFZR
Site Newbie

Post by orlandoFZR »

demon_knight69 wrote:very nice! nice 250 ninja too :D that was my first bike, mine was bright yellow though. great fun in the twisties, you can throw that little bugger all over the place. how do you have your tail setup? is that a competition werkes fender eliminator? and where did you get that tail light? it all looks very good, giving me second thoughts on putting an r6 tail on mine.
the 250 is my brothers bike, it's a fun little bike, but he's starting to get the need for more power.

I cut the tail section with a dremel to be slimmer(pretty common cheap mod). For taillights I used 2, 2" clear round LED lights from ebay, cut two holes in the back, made a bracket to mount them. I cut a piece of sheet metal to use as a splash shield under the fender. It doesn't run the full width of the fender, justs the width of the sub frame, and painted it black. I made a bracket to hold the license plate and LED blinkers from a RC51 and bolted it to the sheet metal, along with a generic license plate light from the auto parts store.

It's not as clean looking as an r6 tail, but probably a lot cheaper and easier to do :)

94 FZR600
PIMPMYFZR
1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts

Post by PIMPMYFZR »

i personally love the look of that stock tail modded and the tailights look pimp wish i had known that 4 yrs ago wouldnt have coughed up the hundreds for the airtech tail lol but to each is own i guess . nice lookin rear end man
2002 R1 9k miles , Hotbodies undertail , Chopped Hindle Hi Mount , Solo Seat cowl,Frame sliders, little yellow yamaha wheel stickers .hehe
94' 600RR SOLD**
hid xenon
airtek solo tail
time for a 1000
R.I.P DaD 2/17/09 Your in my <3 always
R3TARD
Level 4.5
Level 4.5

Post by R3TARD »

Hey I'm in N georgia, where abouts did you ride? RRBike

1992 FZR 600
Yoshi exhaust
K&N pods
Airtech R1-kit
02 R6 fork swap
02 R6 Swingarm
520 chain conversion
07 R6 controls
Vortex R6 clipons
07 R6 radial master

2003 CBR 600rr
bone stock
joeyraines
50+ Posts
50+ Posts

Post by joeyraines »

orlandoFZR wrote:
demon_knight69 wrote:very nice! nice 250 ninja too :D that was my first bike, mine was bright yellow though. great fun in the twisties, you can throw that little bugger all over the place. how do you have your tail setup? is that a competition werkes fender eliminator? and where did you get that tail light? it all looks very good, giving me second thoughts on putting an r6 tail on mine.
the 250 is my brothers bike, it's a fun little bike, but he's starting to get the need for more power.

I cut the tail section with a dremel to be slimmer(pretty common cheap mod). For taillights I used 2, 2" clear round LED lights from ebay, cut two holes in the back, made a bracket to mount them. I cut a piece of sheet metal to use as a splash shield under the fender. It doesn't run the full width of the fender, justs the width of the sub frame, and painted it black. I made a bracket to hold the license plate and LED blinkers from a RC51 and bolted it to the sheet metal, along with a generic license plate light from the auto parts store.

It's not as clean looking as an r6 tail, but probably a lot cheaper and easier to do :)

Cheap mod or not, I like it! Personally Id Like to see a few more pics... I was thinking about an R6 or an airtech but that looks slick and still old school at the same time.. my2cents
shredex
2000+ Posts
2000+ Posts

Post by shredex »

I noticed your steering damper.
how is it mounted? is it a gsxr damper?
95FZR600
2000+ Posts
2000+ Posts

Post by 95FZR600 »

You rode around North Georgia without calling me or r3tard or cad600?? WTF is wrong with you. I was home all day waiting to get out of the house.
2002 Yamaha R6-----2003 Yamaha R6

megaloxana
2000+ Posts
2000+ Posts

Post by megaloxana »

95FZR600 wrote:You rode around North Georgia without calling me or r3tard or cad600?? WTF is wrong with you. I was home all day waiting to get out of the house.
Mark, this happened back in early MAY.
'92 FZR 600
Airtech R1 kit \*/ 520 conversion \*/ 14F-47R gearing
K&N pod filters \*/ Stage 3 jet kit \*/ Factory Pro shift kit \*/ Full V&H SS exhaust
Custom '02 R6 undertail \*/ YZF gas tank \*/ Raised via dogbones \*/ custom flush turnsignals
Full R6 brake set-up \*/ SS lines \*/ Progressive fork springs \*/ ZX2 coilpack

ADD YOURSELF TO THE OFFICIAL FZRONLINE GOOGLE EARTH MAP :bunny :banjoman