It happens in three's.

Any topic relating to the FZR/YZF (UK) or motorcycling in general.

Moderators: Site Director, FZR Forum Moderators

cad600
1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts

It happens in three's.

Post by cad600 »

Things always seem to happen in three's.....

Bike won't start, Got layed off Monday, ......

Waiting to see what number 3 is going to be.

If anyone needs some CADD work done let me know. I'm not doing much right now.

It sucks, but oh well. Bad part is that I couldn't even get drunk Monday night. 4 redbull / vodka and a few beers but not drunk.
Yes, that is a Single Sided Swingarm FZR600 that I built.

Something is lurking, waiting, wanting to be built......It calls to me from the darkness....

I can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel....Then I realize that it is the train coming to run my ass over....
Fizzinatorr
Level 6.5
Level 6.5

Re: It happens in three's.

Post by Fizzinatorr »

sorry man

keep your chin up and avoid the lure of getting drunk everyday

things are gonna get better
8 Bikes so far...more coming too...Image

Finished my 2000 GSXR 750 -> Link here viewtopic.php?f=68&t=3617
megaloxana
2000+ Posts
2000+ Posts

Post by megaloxana »

Sorry to hear that man. Hope you get a new job soon enough.
'92 FZR 600
Airtech R1 kit \*/ 520 conversion \*/ 14F-47R gearing
K&N pod filters \*/ Stage 3 jet kit \*/ Factory Pro shift kit \*/ Full V&H SS exhaust
Custom '02 R6 undertail \*/ YZF gas tank \*/ Raised via dogbones \*/ custom flush turnsignals
Full R6 brake set-up \*/ SS lines \*/ Progressive fork springs \*/ ZX2 coilpack

ADD YOURSELF TO THE OFFICIAL FZRONLINE GOOGLE EARTH MAP :bunny :banjoman
mike94fzr600
Level 4.5
Level 4.5

Post by mike94fzr600 »

i was just telling flo (pimpmyfzr) the same thing
my rides
2000 chevy z71 4x4
1993 Suzuki Samurai my mud \ trail toy
1994 fzr 600
haunter
2000+ Posts
2000+ Posts

Post by haunter »

that sucks dude.
sweekster
2000+ Posts
2000+ Posts

Post by sweekster »

Sorry to hear that dude. I've been there (twice in one year). You'll pull through. Stay positive. Stay driven. You'll lad something soon and it'll be better than before.
Duane...
Bike:
1994 Yamaha FZR 1000 EXUP
Factory Pro Stage 1 Jetting | K&N Filter | Corbin Seat | ProTek Keyless Gas Cap | GSXR Mirrors
My Thread
Cage:
2005 Saab 9-7x 5.3i Arc AWD

THE WIKI IS YOUR FRIEND
THE SEARCH IS YOUR SIGNIFICANT OTHER
USE THEM!!
cad600
1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts

Post by cad600 »

Thanks guys. I've actually spent the last two days working on my resume and putting together a reference list. I'm not too keen on trying to stay in the residential cadd work now. Not only are there no jobs, but I don't want to find myself in the same boat ten years down the road. If that is all I can find, then of course I'll do it but I need to start thinking more long term now.

Well, time to apply for some jobs.

Something is lurking, waiting, wanting to be built......It calls to me from the darkness....

I can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel....Then I realize that it is the train coming to run my ass over....
abs929cbrrr
1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts

Post by abs929cbrrr »

reason i went mechanical...someone always needs somthin machined. good luck on your search for a new job.
02 xr200r set up for XC
96 trx300ex set up for XC

im roadbike less!!!!!!
YAM93
1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts

Post by YAM93 »

try sending some resume's to Healthcare Architecture firms. people are always getting sick and dying, needing surgery etc.

we just hired 2 new people last week and another guy last month. Of course 2 guys had left for college.

glad i got out of residential in 1997. i've done a few residential projects since, but not too many.

:thumbsup:
" several meat-eaters lay in vomit, too weak to move..."
the_finch
Level 8.5
Level 8.5

Post by the_finch »

Sorry to hear about losing your job, man. That sucks pretty bad, especially at this time of year.
cad600 wrote:Thanks guys. I've actually spent the last two days working on my resume and putting together a reference list. I'm not too keen on trying to stay in the residential cadd work now. Not only are there no jobs, but I don't want to find myself in the same boat ten years down the road. If that is all I can find, then of course I'll do it but I need to start thinking more long term now.

Well, time to apply for some jobs.
If you don't mind working with the engineering types and doing mechanical-type stuff, you could always apply to one of the engineering firms at Redstone Arsenal in Huntsville, AL. I have a younger brother who co-ops with one of the big military R&D contractors there, and they do ALOT of CAD stuff.

And talk about job security: as long as the U.S. has a military, it will need more advanced weaponry. As long as it needs advanced weaponry, someone will have to design it.
1997 FZR600RJ

Engine: K&N Drop-in air filter - stock airbox - FP 5°ignition advancer - EBC "Street Racer" Kevlar clutch
Exhaust: Stock header - Yoshimura RS-3 Carbon fiber slip-on
Body: Original paint/graphics - Clear Alternatives integrated LED Taillight - Flanders' flush front signals - YZF600 Mirrors - Comp. Werkes Stainless fender eliminator/tag bracket - 60w/55w H4 headlights
Tires: Metzler MEZ4B 120/70 ZR17 Front - Michelin Madacam 100x 150/70 ZR18 Rear
Brakes:Stock rotors with EBC HH Sinstered pads
In the works: YZF600 header, '97 Bandit 600 rear wheel, DynoJet Stage 3, Racetech Springs and Emulators fork rebuild, FZ1 rear shock, YZF600 front MC, Galfer SS Lines, CFM rearsets
haunter
2000+ Posts
2000+ Posts

Post by haunter »

thats not as secure as it was a month ago.........the big O wants to severly cut DOD research funding

advanced tech for our troops is a waste of money he says..
cad600
1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts

Post by cad600 »

Well, that does not matter too much to me. I cann't relocate anyways. The wifes job is way too good for that. Just not quite good enough for me to relax at home for a while. Hell I'd even be willing to go to school, but there just is not enough money to go around at this time.

YAM93
1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts

Post by YAM93 »

Jumping from residential architecture to anything weapons-based, DoD or military, electrical engineering, rocket science (Huntsville, Alabama) or satellite, jet or tank design is like....... i dunno..... going from digging ditches to exploring for oil on the bottom of the ocean.

Or like a prostitute suddenly trying to become a priest, just not going to happen unless you're fresh out of college and planning on going back, doing another major. Or you're some super Vatican-sanctioned prostitute who already went to Theology school.

:rofl:
95FZR600
2000+ Posts
2000+ Posts

Post by 95FZR600 »

Sorry to hear it Rob. Things happen for a reason and maybe this is a reminder that someone else out there needs yours skills with more money. If I hear anything Ill let you know. NOW GET THAT BIKE DONE!
2002 Yamaha R6-----2003 Yamaha R6

megaloxana
2000+ Posts
2000+ Posts

Post by megaloxana »

I say brush up on your mechanical drafting and hit those jobs. You have drafting expirience and once you brush up on your tolerancing and layout you can answer any of their questions.
'92 FZR 600
Airtech R1 kit \*/ 520 conversion \*/ 14F-47R gearing
K&N pod filters \*/ Stage 3 jet kit \*/ Factory Pro shift kit \*/ Full V&H SS exhaust
Custom '02 R6 undertail \*/ YZF gas tank \*/ Raised via dogbones \*/ custom flush turnsignals
Full R6 brake set-up \*/ SS lines \*/ Progressive fork springs \*/ ZX2 coilpack

ADD YOURSELF TO THE OFFICIAL FZRONLINE GOOGLE EARTH MAP :bunny :banjoman