Vapor - Digital Gauge.

Moderators: Site Director, FZR Forum Moderators

PAFizzer600

Vapor - Digital Gauge.

Post by PAFizzer600 »

I have it, I love it, for those who haven't seen it or who haven't asked questions.
No drilling (don't want to patronize r6 speedo topic) and the speedo is calibrated on an earth magnet on the disc with tire size in millimeter. It's more accurate than my friend's R6 speedo. Blue LED backlight. At night people must be thinking I'm watching a TV screen. Very bright, very clear. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QgVu5o-j0K4 sorry for the blurry vid. It's also my avatar pic.

It shows: Water temp, air temp, speedo, trip time, total motor hours, total miles, trip miles, bunch more.

What you need:

http://www.trailtech.net/75-704.html <- Call them and get the resistor with it. If they say you don't need it tell them John O. from PA has the same bike.
http://www.trailtech.net/022-PDA.html
http://www.trailtech.net/7500-3060.html <- put this on the right radiator hose.

If anyone needs help on what to do with the harness and what to do for power let me know and I'll write a guide.
shredex
2000+ Posts
2000+ Posts

Re: Vapor - Digital Gauge.

Post by shredex »

I put a bicycle speedo on my bike. :tard:
its run off a magnet with the wheels diamiter in millimeters.
it tops out at 31mph WOOT
once im going faster than 31, it just says "0"

paid a whole $20 for it. ClapHands
haunter
2000+ Posts
2000+ Posts

Post by haunter »

nice PA!

you should workout a nice MS PAINT wiring diagram

:D
megaloxana
2000+ Posts
2000+ Posts

Post by megaloxana »

Very nice John, very nice.
'92 FZR 600
Airtech R1 kit \*/ 520 conversion \*/ 14F-47R gearing
K&N pod filters \*/ Stage 3 jet kit \*/ Factory Pro shift kit \*/ Full V&H SS exhaust
Custom '02 R6 undertail \*/ YZF gas tank \*/ Raised via dogbones \*/ custom flush turnsignals
Full R6 brake set-up \*/ SS lines \*/ Progressive fork springs \*/ ZX2 coilpack

ADD YOURSELF TO THE OFFICIAL FZRONLINE GOOGLE EARTH MAP :bunny :banjoman
PAFizzer600

Post by PAFizzer600 »

Heh, I think this one tops out at 250-300mph? it's really accurate.

You can youtube search the Vapor Gauge even more, if anyone decides to get it or is going to get it let me know by posting on this thread then I'll show diagrams and or photos of everything.
FZRider
Site Newbie

Post by FZRider »

im definitely interested in a how-to for this, my stock tach does not work and some of the fzr gauges are going for little less than the vapor so i might go with the vapor instead. So i how-to would be awesome, also can you explain what the resistor pack is used for?
matt87
Site Newbie

Post by matt87 »

WoW, this is old but get some night pics and how to's up. This looks like the lazy mans option for a nice guages. Id be interested.
shmoblar
Site Newbie

Post by shmoblar »

I have the vapor on my fzr too. I bought the -600 kit because it had an 8mm speedo sensor bolt. For a cleaner install, the water temp sensor is virtually identical to the one which the stock gages use. I just unscrewed the vapor one from the aluminum bong and replaced the stocker with it. No hose cutting required. Also if anyone is installing one of these, remember that the neutral and oil lights are reverse polarity on the FZR.

Also, what resistor are you talking about?

Did you wire up the blinker light so that there is a left and a right light or so that a single light shows both left and right? I did a single bulb, and to do that I had to run an extra wire to the idiot light console...
AR91RX
Site Newbie

Post by AR91RX »

Hey, i'm turning my fizzer into a fighter and definitely want to use a digital gauge. That said I am pretty slow when it comes to electrical work. I would greatly appreciate it if you could do a right up on how to install all parts of this system. Thanks in advance

-Andrew

What my bike looked like a week ago.
What it looks like now.
97' FZR600 Blue/white, Vortex 520 chain/sprockets, V&H SSR2 Exhaust.
AR91RX
Site Newbie

Post by AR91RX »

Write-up please :)
AR91RX
Site Newbie

Post by AR91RX »

I don't want to jack the thread but here is the link to my build thread on customfighters.com
http://www.customfighters.com/forums/sh ... hp?t=26250
probably just going ot paint the frame but i definitely have big plans. This said the write up on the vapor (now that I own one) would be very very awesome.

-Thanks, Andrew
Ickis
Site Newbie

Post by Ickis »

I've got a Vapor as well and love it. My friend has one also which is where I first saw it. I live just 10 or so minutes away from TrailTech so it makes it convenient if I've got to pick up things for it or have questions. The first one I got wasn't working, drove back and got another one no charge. The LCD screen got cracked when my friend was riding (we didn't tighten the unit down apparently), cost me $20 to have the LCD fixed. They did it within 5 minutes. Honestly, I've seen people write horrible posts about TrailTech and their customer service, they've been absolutely awesome to me. I just need to pick up the idiot lights for mine, but I've got some that came with the bike that I'm using for now. Also, yeah, the screen is easy to read during the day or at night. The set up was pretty simple. It comes with easy to follow directions and paired with an FZR wiring diagram it's very easy to set up.
92' FZR 600 non EXUP *project bike*
93' CBR 600 F2

Return to “Electrical: MODs/How-To/Issues”