Raised the tail

FZR600 Forum

Moderators: Site Director, FZR Forum Moderators

erawtik
50+ Posts
50+ Posts

Raised the tail

Post by erawtik »

I picked up some 3/16 x 1 1/4 steel and made the dog bones. I just did what the wiki said and made the holes 5" apart. At first i had the shock at 7 and i couldnt flat foot the bike perfect so i reset the shock to 1 and now i can flat foot it just fine. Il play with the setting over time to find the best setting for me. Note im 6'3".

Before

After
sweekster
2000+ Posts
2000+ Posts

Re: Raised the tail

Post by sweekster »

Nice job. Does it ride better?
Duane...
Bike:
1994 Yamaha FZR 1000 EXUP
Factory Pro Stage 1 Jetting | K&N Filter | Corbin Seat | ProTek Keyless Gas Cap | GSXR Mirrors
My Thread
Cage:
2005 Saab 9-7x 5.3i Arc AWD

THE WIKI IS YOUR FRIEND
THE SEARCH IS YOUR SIGNIFICANT OTHER
USE THEM!!
erawtik
50+ Posts
50+ Posts

Post by erawtik »

I dont have a front brake so i only took it around the block, when i get my master cyclinder next week il ride it more.
megaloxana
2000+ Posts
2000+ Posts

Post by megaloxana »

After raising mine, i loved how it handled. Highway travel however is another story. I'm 5'11 and i thought the fzr was short, I couldn't imagine how it feels for you.
'
'92 FZR 600
Airtech R1 kit \*/ 520 conversion \*/ 14F-47R gearing
K&N pod filters \*/ Stage 3 jet kit \*/ Factory Pro shift kit \*/ Full V&H SS exhaust
Custom '02 R6 undertail \*/ YZF gas tank \*/ Raised via dogbones \*/ custom flush turnsignals
Full R6 brake set-up \*/ SS lines \*/ Progressive fork springs \*/ ZX2 coilpack

ADD YOURSELF TO THE OFFICIAL FZRONLINE GOOGLE EARTH MAP :bunny :banjoman
YAM93
1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts

Post by YAM93 »

I raised the tail a couple months back with some dogbones provided by Haunter. Let me quote MC Hammer by saying....... now it feels "PROPER"
-word

I'm sure at your height this will be a vast improvement, not only in handling but also at stop lights. Of course when you park it you may need a block of wood or longer kickstand.
" several meat-eaters lay in vomit, too weak to move..."
erawtik
50+ Posts
50+ Posts

Post by erawtik »

ya im worried about the kickstand cause it leans alot and im affraid if i park somewhere and it is sloped im gonna fiddle trying to set my bike right. But ya im liking it more i decided to ride around my area a bit and if feels nice. I tried pulling into my drive at my normal speed and well it wasnt happing without a front brake heh, i skid a few times and figured i wasnt gonna make it so around the block again i went.
TomGun
Level 2.5
Level 2.5

Post by TomGun »

I did the same thing, raised the rear about 2" I love the way it handles now, I also love the way it looks. Hockey puck makes the difference with the kickstand IMO.
Looking for a FZR 400 3TJ
1992 FZR 600 SOLD :-(
2001 Ducati ST4 916
Chipped, with Fast By Ferracci cans
The Yellow Duc Project

The lord tells me he can get me outta this mess but he tells me he's pretty sure your f***ed.
Jrdn223
Site Newbie

Post by Jrdn223 »

My kickstand is a block of wood short as well... what model kickstands are longer that might work? getting real sick of having to drop my block on the damn ground every time i park
Huckleberry
100+ Posts
100+ Posts

Post by Huckleberry »

lol i feel your block of wood parking pain after the r6 swingarm swap mine was same way.
yamaha_george
5000+ Posts
5000+ Posts

Post by yamaha_george »

Jrdn223 wrote:My kickstand is a block of wood short as well... what model kickstands are longer that might work? getting real sick of having to drop my block on the damn ground every time i park
Find an "old fashioned " side stand at the local junk yard. When I say old fashioned I mean tubular steel type.
Cut it in half a put a suitable bit of bar in each open end until you get a lean that suits you then weld in the bar to the two ends.

Did this for years when I did mono shock conversions on RD 400's , My project bike "yellow peril" has a Ducati side stand that I cut & welded to make it longer and that is alloy but alloy welding is not available everyplace and ain't usually cheap either !!!
aar0n
Site Newbie

Post by aar0n »

that looks way better I wanna do that. Is there anything on the forum about it? im gonna have to look around
sweekster
2000+ Posts
2000+ Posts

Post by sweekster »

aar0n wrote:that looks way better I wanna do that. Is there anything on the forum about it? im gonna have to look around
Click Here
Duane...
Bike:
1994 Yamaha FZR 1000 EXUP
Factory Pro Stage 1 Jetting | K&N Filter | Corbin Seat | ProTek Keyless Gas Cap | GSXR Mirrors
My Thread
Cage:
2005 Saab 9-7x 5.3i Arc AWD

THE WIKI IS YOUR FRIEND
THE SEARCH IS YOUR SIGNIFICANT OTHER
USE THEM!!
aar0n
Site Newbie

Post by aar0n »

sweekster wrote:
aar0n wrote:that looks way better I wanna do that. Is there anything on the forum about it? im gonna have to look around
Click Here

Thank you sir.