Project 44 - 400/YZF Hybrid SHE STARTED TODAY!!!!!!

Got a Yamazuki or a Yamonda? This section is for those who are a little more creative...

Moderators: Site Director, FZR Forum Moderators

PIMPMYFZR
1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts

Re: Project 44 - China_racer_1's 400/YZF Hybrid

Post by PIMPMYFZR »

very creative , im sure its built to hold your arse up.. wish i could get my subframe like that . im sure it wouldnt be hard fitting all kinds of tails to it ... where does the tail mount to the subframe .. in the front ?
2002 R1 9k miles , Hotbodies undertail , Chopped Hindle Hi Mount , Solo Seat cowl,Frame sliders, little yellow yamaha wheel stickers .hehe
94' 600RR SOLD**
hid xenon
airtek solo tail
time for a 1000
R.I.P DaD 2/17/09 Your in my <3 always
sweekster
2000+ Posts
2000+ Posts

Post by sweekster »

I'mpressive work. ClapHands The bike looks good...Will look even better with Cici standing next to it... :grinnod:
Duane...
Bike:
1994 Yamaha FZR 1000 EXUP
Factory Pro Stage 1 Jetting | K&N Filter | Corbin Seat | ProTek Keyless Gas Cap | GSXR Mirrors
My Thread
Cage:
2005 Saab 9-7x 5.3i Arc AWD

THE WIKI IS YOUR FRIEND
THE SEARCH IS YOUR SIGNIFICANT OTHER
USE THEM!!
China_Racer_1
Level 5.0
Level 5.0

Post by China_Racer_1 »

Ahh Cici yea I have not talked to her in quite some time. She got a bit wierd there.

But I might be able to find a stand in for her he he he.

The tail mounts to the subframe in two places. if you look at the third picture down its a right side view and you should be able to see the shinny mounting bolts.

Paint scheme is still up in the air. This carbon looks so nice I don't want to paint on it. I might just paint the uppers and lowers and leave the tank and tail as is.

Thanks for the kind comments.

John will come take a look at the remaining machine work today. there is a national holiday here next week so nothing out of anyone for a week solid.
The painter will ry a few colro schemes as well and let me knw what he is able to do.

Still waiting for the proper 600 Race engine and my box contents from Spyder. He did update me that UPS was seeing things with a bit more common sense. Hopefully they pay for the re-machining to be done on the head.
megaloxana
2000+ Posts
2000+ Posts

Post by megaloxana »

Theres no way id paint that carbon. I think it looks damn good with just those white stickers on there so maybe you could so something with just minimal plain white decaling. Anyway great job thus far man.
'92 FZR 600
Airtech R1 kit \*/ 520 conversion \*/ 14F-47R gearing
K&N pod filters \*/ Stage 3 jet kit \*/ Factory Pro shift kit \*/ Full V&H SS exhaust
Custom '02 R6 undertail \*/ YZF gas tank \*/ Raised via dogbones \*/ custom flush turnsignals
Full R6 brake set-up \*/ SS lines \*/ Progressive fork springs \*/ ZX2 coilpack

ADD YOURSELF TO THE OFFICIAL FZRONLINE GOOGLE EARTH MAP :bunny :banjoman
sweekster
2000+ Posts
2000+ Posts

Post by sweekster »

Here's question for you Steve. You are gonna wear your yellow leathers, right? I say keep the carbon exposed and trim it with yellow accents. my2cents
Duane...
Bike:
1994 Yamaha FZR 1000 EXUP
Factory Pro Stage 1 Jetting | K&N Filter | Corbin Seat | ProTek Keyless Gas Cap | GSXR Mirrors
My Thread
Cage:
2005 Saab 9-7x 5.3i Arc AWD

THE WIKI IS YOUR FRIEND
THE SEARCH IS YOUR SIGNIFICANT OTHER
USE THEM!!
China_Racer_1
Level 5.0
Level 5.0

Post by China_Racer_1 »

sweekster wrote:Here's question for you Steve. You are gonna wear your yellow leathers, right? I say keep the carbon exposed and trim it with yellow accents. my2cents

Yeah thats about what I was thinking.

I plan to do the body work in a bit of yellow. The carbon parts if I do anything will be stickers not paint and yellow high-lights.

Stil mucking around with ideas on the exact color scheme

If my fake carbon look paint job idea works out then the whole bike will be in all black (Crabon look) with white stickers. I will just use the suit I have. This way the carbon parts stay as they are and the rest of the bike can match it.

per my sponsors request I will not paint the carbon over anyway.

I am desperatly trying to get the bike done for two reasons right now.

1st I have a career day thing at the kids school so I want to bring it in as a prop to talk about all the diciplines it takes to bild a bike like this...engineers etc..
2nd i found there is a race at the Shanghai Formula 1 track wher they held the MOTO GP. I have been dying to get on that track.

Though everyone keeps telling me don't do it on a 400 - its too slow. I should get a 600 since its a WFO track but I really don't care if I win or loose I just want to get on the track and All I can afford right now is the 400 if its done. renting a 600cc bike for a race weekend is pricey.
90ca18det
Site Newbie

Post by 90ca18det »

Steve I know a way for you to get the carbon look paint done that comes out looking good.first you need to spray the panels black ,then coverit with window screen and mist it with a gunmetal or charcoal metalic paint. we have done it this way a couple of times.I will try to find a pic of how it comes out when finished for you to see.
China_Racer_1
Level 5.0
Level 5.0

Post by China_Racer_1 »

Cool thanks. I will get my painter to get started trying that out on some spare fiberglass parts I have. Even if its close thats good enough for me. I just want the look to get close and I will high gloss the thing to match the high gloss of the carbon parts.

I wonder how to get the upper yellow like I want. I guess a yellow base with gray on top through the screen.
Target30
Level 7.5
Level 7.5

Post by Target30 »

90ca18det wrote:Steve I know a way for you to get the carbon look paint done that comes out looking good.first you need to spray the panels black ,then coverit with window screen and mist it with a gunmetal or charcoal metalic paint. we have done it this way a couple of times.I will try to find a pic of how it comes out when finished for you to see.
post that pic up! i would love to see how that looks.

btw, china, the tzr swingarm is a great match to the 400 frame! thank you so much.
I did that.

"(12:38:42) sweekster: i work when i want because i'm sweeks"
yamaha_george
5000+ Posts
5000+ Posts

Post by yamaha_george »

Target30 wrote: post that pic up! i would love to see how that looks.

btw, china, the tzr swingarm is a great match to the 400 frame! thank you so much.
T,
the TZR banana arm ?
I let one pass about 4 months ago & kicked myself as it went 1 penny over what I was prepared to bid :swear
Target30
Level 7.5
Level 7.5

Post by Target30 »

it does lengthen the wheelbase about an inch to 2 inches, depending on where your rim sits in the swingarm. but i love the way it looks! to get the swingarm, and rim and brake setup, it aint cheap, but china took care of me!
I did that.

yamaha_george
5000+ Posts
5000+ Posts

Post by yamaha_george »

Target30 wrote:it does lengthen the wheelbase about an inch to 2 inches, depending on where your rim sits in the swingarm. but i love the way it looks! to get the swingarm, and rim and brake setup, it aint cheap, but china took care of me!

T,
the trouble is you cannot fit his dragon stickers on it <BG> gotta get a set to go on my big 3TJ swinger :whistle
China_Racer_1
Level 5.0
Level 5.0

Post by China_Racer_1 »

Some one looking for some of my stickers? I got a lot of them on hand.
PIMPMYFZR
1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts

Post by PIMPMYFZR »

China_Racer_1 wrote:Some one looking for some of my stickers? I got a lot of them on hand.
what they look like . how much?
2002 R1 9k miles , Hotbodies undertail , Chopped Hindle Hi Mount , Solo Seat cowl,Frame sliders, little yellow yamaha wheel stickers .hehe
94' 600RR SOLD**
hid xenon
airtek solo tail
time for a 1000
R.I.P DaD 2/17/09 Your in my <3 always
Target30
Level 7.5
Level 7.5

Post by Target30 »

yah, post some pics of them. and sizes. ill definatly incorperate them into my decal scheme! after all my bike is 15% from u, and if i recall u still own a small percentage of my soul from the deal u gave me!
I did that.