REARSETS

Any topic relating to the FZR/YZF (UK) or motorcycling in general.

Moderators: Site Director, FZR Forum Moderators

surgscrubfzr
50+ Posts
50+ Posts

Re: REARSETS

Post by surgscrubfzr »

at least there pitbull training wheels.
ImageImage
90ca18det
Site Newbie

Post by 90ca18det »

90ca18det wrote:Dose anyone know how to convert these to a GP shift pattern?
Nevermind I figured it out.For any one else that is doing this you need to use a different bolt on the shifter linkage or it will hit the heel guard.
FasterThanUr
100+ Posts
100+ Posts

Post by FasterThanUr »

90ca18det wrote:
Nevermind I figured it out.For any one else that is doing this you need to use a different bolt on the shifter linkage or it will hit the heel guard.
I fliped the linkage at the moter and you have to use umm what is that part called"The thing that hooks to the motor"Shifting knuckle?I dont know but you have to use one off a Fj11/1200 it's off set so it clears the sprocket cover.it's still a P.I.T.A. with stock rear sets becaust the linkage will hit the shifter lever..

Check out my wifes online stores <--------
http://www.etsy.com/shop/ThriftStoreShoppe <-----------
http://www.etsy.com/shop/EFaceDesigns?ref=si_shop<-------- And my online stores
http://www.etsy.com/shop/MadProfessorsT ... ef=si_shop <------------

90 FZR400/98 Fzr600 engine
Tom Tom GPS
05 R1 passanger pegs
03 R6 tail
O5 R6 radiator
07 R6 rear shock
97 YZF 600 carbs
02 R6 header with a moddified V&H SSR2 carbon can
Daytona stabilizer
06 GSXR600 Front End Stainless brake lines front and back
Vortex sprockets 15/49 gearing with RK 520 XSO X-Ring Chain
76 CB750 HeadLight with HID Kit

Fasterthanur's PsychopathicCreations™

I hooked my brake light switch to my throttle,so when I hit the gas everyone would slowdown and I would be gone :headbang:
90ca18det
Site Newbie

Post by 90ca18det »

FasterThanUr wrote:
90ca18det wrote:
I fliped the linkage at the moter and you have to use umm what is that part called"The thing that hooks to the motor"Shifting knuckle?I dont know but you have to use one off a Fj11/1200 it's off set so it clears the sprocket cover.it's still a P.I.T.A. with stock rear sets becaust the linkage will hit the shifter lever..

I am using china racer's rearsets so I did not have to get a new knuckle. My only holdup was that when I flipped the shift linkage on the rearset the bolt would hit the heel guard and not allow me to shift.So I picked up a button head bolt to replace the cap head bolt and then it cleared everything.
China_Racer_1
Level 5.0
Level 5.0

Post by China_Racer_1 »

90ca18det,

Sory for teh lack of responce. I have been straight out busy here and just now got to my email after two days.

So you figured out how to flip the whole assembly to be on the top or you just flipped over the shifter on its end where it attches to the spline out of the engine?
90ca18det
Site Newbie

Post by 90ca18det »

China_Racer_1 wrote:90ca18det,

Sory for teh lack of responce. I have been straight out busy here and just now got to my email after two days.

So you figured out how to flip the whole assembly to be on the top or you just flipped over the shifter on its end where it attches to the spline out of the engine?
I did it the way that you told me in the PM.But I had to go get a new bolt with a flatter head on it (a button head instead of the cap head )to clear the heel guard.It works great like that,I just need to reprogram my brain to the new shift pattern.
China_Racer_1
Level 5.0
Level 5.0

Post by China_Racer_1 »

Ok Cool.

Istarted with the GP shifting on the R-6 race bike last race. What a differance. I love it. Don't know why I thought it would be so hard to get used to but its not.

You can be leaned over hard and just have to tap the thing instead of trying to get a toe under to upshift.

A few miss shifts and you will remember real quick which way is up and down ha ha.

I only mis shifted once during the race. Coming out of a hairpin in 2nd gear - brain fart down to first Whaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!! went the engine. Oh crap went I... upshift ! upshift! you get the picture of panic? ha ha but I got a great drive out. I was so embarraced I gunned it like a mo-fo to get out of their and some how redeam myself ,like I actually meant to do that or something ha ha ha. ha ha

So the rod I had on there work or did you use the other sized one I included?

So, ummm errrrrr I uh didn't see my dragon gear stickers on tyour bike in your pics, hhhhhhhmmmmmm ha ha ha did the stickers make it? or did the Chiense postal workers take the out of the box for themselves? :ermm:
Deputy1042
50+ Posts
50+ Posts

Post by Deputy1042 »

surgscrubfzr wrote: how do you hook up the springs for the rear brake or do you not use them with these rearsets?
You will definitely need to keep the spring on there otherwise you'll end up with the rear brake dragging... :whistle ...found that out the hard way. The stock spring is too short to stretch and fit, so I went to the hardware store and bought a box of miscellaneous springs and found one that fits.
surgscrubfzr
50+ Posts
50+ Posts

Post by surgscrubfzr »

thanks about the brake springs i will have to get some different ones and try them. you will see your dragon gear sticker on my bike once i get it painted.
ImageImage