Last Winters build. (From archives) (56k Beware)

For the bad boyz, here a little arena for you to get fightin'!

Moderators: Site Director, FZR Forum Moderators

thatkid
2000+ Posts
2000+ Posts

Re: Last Winters build. (From archives) (56k Beware)

Post by thatkid »

ShogunTX wrote:Holy Cow you have a lot of wrench time in that bike! Nice idea on the hydrolic tank support.....Do the Tuddles Know you left??
Haha. They got nothing! I say bolt on schmolt on.

Yeah the time is estimated well over a 1000 hours of labor. It just wouldn't end!
Do YOU Scopper?

"When some people cry, it's not because they’re weak. It’s because they’ve been strong for far too long."
Genesis
Level 8.0
Level 8.0

Post by Genesis »

I was watching this all last winter, then didn't got on the net for like 8 months, turned out awsome man. say with your next build if your interested in a r6 swing arm, I might have one for sale.
1990 Yamaha FZR600 Genesis, Daily Driver
My FZR6 Rebuild

1985 GMC 4x4 T-15 X-Cab Sierra
1999 Chevy 4x4 Blazer (wifes car)

"If a man can build it, I can take it apart and sometimes even put it back together and fix it" --Unknown

"'I wish none of this had happened.' 'So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us.....'" J.R.R. Tolkien
95FZR600
2000+ Posts
2000+ Posts

Post by 95FZR600 »

What is this?

2002 Yamaha R6-----2003 Yamaha R6

thatkid
2000+ Posts
2000+ Posts

Post by thatkid »

That is the piece that connects the header to the very bottom of the frame. Bolts on with the part that connects the dogbones and the shock and the frame together.
Do YOU Scopper?

"When some people cry, it's not because they’re weak. It’s because they’ve been strong for far too long."
95FZR600
2000+ Posts
2000+ Posts

Post by 95FZR600 »

The reason I ask is because I had that left over after my swing arm swap.

YAM93
1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts

Post by YAM93 »

those pictures just don't do justice to all your suffering and effort, although you did an awesome job of photo-documenting almost every step of the process.

...hopefully when you put all the guts into the 400 frame you won't need to re-invent the entire bike again.

:banana:

you did it the right way for sure, step-by-step, day by day. most of us do not have even a fraction of the constitution you or MrFreeze5 have to do these complex builds.

:udaman
" several meat-eaters lay in vomit, too weak to move..."
thatkid
2000+ Posts
2000+ Posts

Post by thatkid »

YAM93 wrote:those pictures just don't do justice to all your suffering and effort, although you did an awesome job of photo-documenting almost every step of the process.

...hopefully when you put all the guts into the 400 frame you won't need to re-invent the entire bike again.

:banana:

you did it the right way for sure, step-by-step, day by day. most of us do not have even a fraction of the constitution you or MrFreeze5 have to do these complex builds.

:whistle :whistle That's about all I can say for re-inventing the entire bike again. Since the only things that are moving to the 400 frame are the motor and front end it leaves a lot of things to toy with. Subframe, swinger, rear wheel, tail, going to get that damn headlight design right this winter too. The tank may come over but I'm not sure yet. I don't know if I could function if I didn't constantly have something that needed to be reworked.

Always appreciate the Kudos though. I do wish I could have kept the posted comments but it was an ordeal to just get the pictures over. That damn broken tap still haunts my dreams!
Do YOU Scopper?

thatkid
2000+ Posts
2000+ Posts

Post by thatkid »

Genesis wrote:I was watching this all last winter, then didn't got on the net for like 8 months, turned out awsome man. say with your next build if your interested in a r6 swing arm, I might have one for sale.
Thanks man. Thanks for the offer on the swinger too. I already have that part all picked out inside my head. I just have to talk to some folk and make sure it's going to work. I will say this if it works.... Ain't no one done this before!
Do YOU Scopper?

megaloxana
2000+ Posts
2000+ Posts

Post by megaloxana »

95FZR600 wrote:The reason I ask is because I had that left over after my swing arm swap.
:rofl:

nate..i'll allow the selling of the bike since you're swaping over to a 400 frame. :banana: Can't wait to see what you conjure up with over the winter.
'92 FZR 600
Airtech R1 kit \*/ 520 conversion \*/ 14F-47R gearing
K&N pod filters \*/ Stage 3 jet kit \*/ Factory Pro shift kit \*/ Full V&H SS exhaust
Custom '02 R6 undertail \*/ YZF gas tank \*/ Raised via dogbones \*/ custom flush turnsignals
Full R6 brake set-up \*/ SS lines \*/ Progressive fork springs \*/ ZX2 coilpack

ADD YOURSELF TO THE OFFICIAL FZRONLINE GOOGLE EARTH MAP :bunny :banjoman
95FZR600
2000+ Posts
2000+ Posts

Post by 95FZR600 »

That was an awesome build. I like the colors you used and it all just flowed nicely. Mad machine skills to.

sweekster
2000+ Posts
2000+ Posts

Post by sweekster »

All is can say when it comes to this is..Keep it sexy Nate..Keep it sexy. But you already know how i feel about your bike and the work you put into it. :thumbsup:
Duane...
Bike:
1994 Yamaha FZR 1000 EXUP
Factory Pro Stage 1 Jetting | K&N Filter | Corbin Seat | ProTek Keyless Gas Cap | GSXR Mirrors
My Thread
Cage:
2005 Saab 9-7x 5.3i Arc AWD

THE WIKI IS YOUR FRIEND
THE SEARCH IS YOUR SIGNIFICANT OTHER
USE THEM!!
zero9243
Level 8.5
Level 8.5

Post by zero9243 »

megaloxana wrote:
95FZR600 wrote:The reason I ask is because I had that left over after my swing arm swap.
:rofl:

nate..i'll allow the selling of the bike since you're swaping over to a 400 frame. :banana: Can't wait to see what you conjure up with over the winter.

And now that he has your approval, the build will go on!

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Upgrades:
  • Barnett Clutch------------------------------------------R6 Blue Dots, Front Master Brake Cylinder+Reservoir
    WP Adjustable Rear Shock----------------------------Vortex 520 Conversion with RK GB520GXW Chain
    V&H Header (4-1)--------------------------------------Swingarm Spool Mounts
    Cobra F1r Exhaust Can--------------------------------R6 Voltage Regulator
    Flo-Commander with Remote-------------------------Custom Airtech Passenger Seat
    Stage 7 Jet kit with Diffuser Caps--------------------Factory Pro Nickel Emulsion Tubes
    Wiseco 630 Kit------------------------------------------Custom Frame Slider Mounts
    Modking Hydraulic Clutch Kit--------------------------Hella Projection Headlight with Xentec HID Kit (H9 Bulb)
    Modking Aluminum Radiator Overflow Bottle--------

kikepiz
50+ Posts
50+ Posts

Post by kikepiz »

Good work!
thatkid
2000+ Posts
2000+ Posts

Post by thatkid »

kikepiz wrote::udaman

Good work!

Thanks! This winters build has begun but there isn't enough to showcase yet so I've refrained from starting a build thread just yet.
Do YOU Scopper?

shredex
2000+ Posts
2000+ Posts

Post by shredex »

thatkid wrote:
kikepiz wrote::udaman

Good work!

Thanks! This winters build has begun but there isn't enough to showcase yet so I've refrained from starting a build thread just yet.
can you give us any spoilers for what your doing?
what bike?
400 or 600 frame??

anything!!!!?
cant wait to see what your going to do after seeing your last build
:cheers:

Return to “Streetfighter'd / Naked / Chopped”