Best looking Scooter I've Seen

Any topic relating to the FZR/YZF (UK) or motorcycling in general.

Moderators: Site Director, FZR Forum Moderators

95FZR600
2000+ Posts
2000+ Posts

Re: Best looking Scooter I've Seen

Post by 95FZR600 »

Im going to find me a ysr 50. I just love them little things and they are street legal.
2002 Yamaha R6-----2003 Yamaha R6

HeadRush
Site Newbie

Post by HeadRush »

My wife and daughter want to learn how to ride, and they both underestimate the mental aspect of it. My plans for the both of them are to put them in a MSF class next spring and get them a Ninja 250 to share. My youngest (8) is going to get a Yamaha TTR-50 and will learn how to ride on the dirt. I wish that they sold 50cc race replicas here in the U.S. that were street legal.
Dangerous when bored.
95FZR600
2000+ Posts
2000+ Posts

Post by 95FZR600 »

HeadRush wrote:My wife and daughter want to learn how to ride, and they both underestimate the mental aspect of it. My plans for the both of them are to put them in a MSF class next spring and get them a Ninja 250 to share. My youngest (8) is going to get a Yamaha TTR-50 and will learn how to ride on the dirt. I wish that they sold 50cc race replicas here in the U.S. that were street legal.

Your youngest will do just fine on the TTR-50. My son learned on a Honda XR80. About a month on it and I had to upgrade to a 2 stroke 80cc. Just hate driving so far for him to ride it out in the open. My yard just isn't big enough.
2002 Yamaha R6-----2003 Yamaha R6

megaloxana
2000+ Posts
2000+ Posts

Post by megaloxana »

The problem with that bike is that it will trick your brain into thinking its faster than 50cc cuz it looks so good. In turn you'll prolly hate the thing. Kinda the problem with my gf's '08 ninja, its so damn good looking that it makes you feel like it's something that it's not. Except it handles like a dream. Anyway,I wish i had the tzr's style of rim for my fzr though, like it alot.
'92 FZR 600
Airtech R1 kit \*/ 520 conversion \*/ 14F-47R gearing
K&N pod filters \*/ Stage 3 jet kit \*/ Factory Pro shift kit \*/ Full V&H SS exhaust
Custom '02 R6 undertail \*/ YZF gas tank \*/ Raised via dogbones \*/ custom flush turnsignals
Full R6 brake set-up \*/ SS lines \*/ Progressive fork springs \*/ ZX2 coilpack

ADD YOURSELF TO THE OFFICIAL FZRONLINE GOOGLE EARTH MAP :bunny :banjoman
YAM93
1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts

Post by YAM93 »

Would be really cool to get one of those little Honda buggers used and drop a YZ250F engine in it. I bet that would scream. ... heh... probably FLIP over.

Na, that's ok, think about it, anything that small on any normal road will be even harder for motorists to see.

Also, on MOST interstates I've seen here, they do NOT allow anything 50cc or less. Of course, you'd have to be out of your mind to take something like that on a 55 - 65 - 70mph interstate anyway.

Yeah, i think here in Maryland... ANY scooter only requires a regular car driver's license, it may or may not have an engine size limitation, not sure. But one thing i have noticed lately, only about half of the new scooter riders are wearing helmets. Just friggen DUMB.

And HeadRush, yeah, probably skip that (maybe?) (depending on how good he is already (or not) at riding a bicycle) ... you can just get a Honda XR80, unless he's too short for it. Of course the TTR-50 is slower, safer, easier to learn on for a beginner... plus you can always sell it after a year or two.

+100 on ThatKid's SCOPPER project
:headbang:
" several meat-eaters lay in vomit, too weak to move..."
HeadRush
Site Newbie

Post by HeadRush »

95FZR600 wrote:
HeadRush wrote:My wife and daughter want to learn how to ride, and they both underestimate the mental aspect of it. My plans for the both of them are to put them in a MSF class next spring and get them a Ninja 250 to share. My youngest (8) is going to get a Yamaha TTR-50 and will learn how to ride on the dirt. I wish that they sold 50cc race replicas here in the U.S. that were street legal.

Your youngest will do just fine on the TTR-50. My son learned on a Honda XR80. About a month on it and I had to upgrade to a 2 stroke 80cc. Just hate driving so far for him to ride it out in the open. My yard just isn't big enough.
Thanks. He's pretty anxious to learn and is already looking at the areas around the house where he can ride. We have a couple of fields left that are big enough for him to have a good time on. I think there's a dirt track on the infield of the racing track nearby too.
Dangerous when bored.
billy_awesome
Level 2.0
Level 2.0

Post by billy_awesome »

They won't sell those bikes in the US because of the crazy gas prices in europe......They are FORCED to ride those things! gas gets to 3 dollars a gallon in Canada and everyone runs out and buys a moped. Can you imagine how many mopeds would sell if gas went to 7 dollars a litre?