Zoot Scoot Riot Project - Codename: Scopper (Updated 7/18)

Moderators: Site Director, FZR Forum Moderators

thatkid
2000+ Posts
2000+ Posts

Re: Zoot Scoot Riot Project - Codename: Scopper

Post by thatkid »

abs600fzrr wrote:pretty need idea. now watch 2-3 years from now compainies will make somthing like you came up with..i mean 2 guys up the street form me already got them mini choppers.

you sticking with knobby in the front...that may cause some inspection problems since i dont know of any mini dirtbike tire that is DOT legal. might be able to get a smaller sportbike tire on there depending what size it is. looks like a 17" or 16"
Kenda makes a scooter tire for a 17" tubed rim for a whopping 10 bucks. That'll replace the knobby when I finally order it.
Do YOU Scopper?

"When some people cry, it's not because they’re weak. It’s because they’ve been strong for far too long."
YAM93
1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts

Post by YAM93 »

So where are the latest update pictures?
:P
thatkid
2000+ Posts
2000+ Posts

Post by thatkid »

YAM93 wrote:So where are the latest update pictures?
:P
I'm hoping this sunday/monday. Right now it's still where it was at the last set of pictures. My world has been spinning out of control as of late with the amount on my plate. For some reason I can't wrangle it in, even a little.

Zero is hopefully coming down this weekend to help and with some motivational speaking from him about getting my ass focused we may be able to get that baby some lovin'

btw, your piece is on the list for tomorrow right after Chiro and Catalog samples. Had to schedule in the chiro because a :swear moron at work dropped a 7ft piece of grid on my head. That hasn't been helping matters as I have raging headaches at night now and keep spacing out in the most random places. So hoping the chiro will get me a little more focused.
Do YOU Scopper?

"When some people cry, it's not because they’re weak. It’s because they’ve been strong for far too long."
zero9243
Level 8.5
Level 8.5

Post by zero9243 »

I could not figure out what the hell chiro meant. I was trying to sound it out "cheero? cheye-ro?" Mornings suck
Upgrades:
  • Barnett Clutch------------------------------------------R6 Blue Dots, Front Master Brake Cylinder+Reservoir
    WP Adjustable Rear Shock----------------------------Vortex 520 Conversion with RK GB520GXW Chain
    V&H Header (4-1)--------------------------------------Swingarm Spool Mounts
    Cobra F1r Exhaust Can--------------------------------R6 Voltage Regulator
    Flo-Commander with Remote-------------------------Custom Airtech Passenger Seat
    Stage 7 Jet kit with Diffuser Caps--------------------Factory Pro Nickel Emulsion Tubes
    Wiseco 630 Kit------------------------------------------Custom Frame Slider Mounts
    Modking Hydraulic Clutch Kit--------------------------Hella Projection Headlight with Xentec HID Kit (H9 Bulb)
    Modking Aluminum Radiator Overflow Bottle--------

YAM93
1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts

Post by YAM93 »

Damn. See, that's how it works, some goober dumps a steel (grid??.. I'd like to see a picture of that) on your head and here you are with headaches.
You ride your FZR all the time and never have a problem (well, that's a VERY good thing indeed)

Example:

I ride motocross ALL DAY. (for a while almost every Sunday).......I come home.... my wife has been AT HOME ALL DAY.... goes out to take a walk after lunch and .....get this... trips and falls in a MUD PUDDLE, i mean really falls, not just woops "splash". Like right down on her side and ruins her clothes. Talk about clumsy. Meanwhile I'm jumping across huge hills and going thru mud puddles in the woods that are half the size of a small lake. I've fallen off a few times, sure (over a 3 year period!), but it's a pretty risky thing that requires a lot of balance. She can't even walk around the house without nearly fracturing her wrist or falling in a mud puddle. Poor girl, we really are opposites when it comes to some things.

banghead :tard:

:duh:

Last time I went to a chiropractor he nearly broke my neck... but then again I have some really bad injuries that will never go away there. I hope your chiro knows what he is doing, and actually helps you instead of doing damage.

I hope your headaches go away soon buddy, take care of yourself. I'm in no rush for that thing if you're feeling bad. Thanks in advance though for whatever you can do.
" several meat-eaters lay in vomit, too weak to move..."
demon_knight69
Level 4.5
Level 4.5

Post by demon_knight69 »

still need an ignition switch for this project? i've got one i can donate. shoot me a pm with your addy and i can ship it off to ya :headbang:
1996 FZR 600
Custom exhaust made from R6 header and GSXR600 end pipe
K&N Pods
Barnett Clutch
Factory Pro shift kit
Needs paint and on her way to being a streetfighter
thatkid
2000+ Posts
2000+ Posts

Post by thatkid »

Just a quick update. I'm close to a rolling chassis. But here is the newly powder coated exhaust. It's going to look slick. I just hope it sounds alright.
Do YOU Scopper?

the_finch
Level 8.5
Level 8.5

Post by the_finch »

Exhaust looks sweet! Can't wait to see the rest of the scooter when you get the chassis rolling. Keep up the good work! :thumbsup:
1997 FZR600RJ

Engine: K&N Drop-in air filter - stock airbox - FP 5°ignition advancer - EBC "Street Racer" Kevlar clutch
Exhaust: Stock header - Yoshimura RS-3 Carbon fiber slip-on
Body: Original paint/graphics - Clear Alternatives integrated LED Taillight - Flanders' flush front signals - YZF600 Mirrors - Comp. Werkes Stainless fender eliminator/tag bracket - 60w/55w H4 headlights
Tires: Metzler MEZ4B 120/70 ZR17 Front - Michelin Madacam 100x 150/70 ZR18 Rear
Brakes:Stock rotors with EBC HH Sinstered pads
In the works: YZF600 header, '97 Bandit 600 rear wheel, DynoJet Stage 3, Racetech Springs and Emulators fork rebuild, FZ1 rear shock, YZF600 front MC, Galfer SS Lines, CFM rearsets
thatkid
2000+ Posts
2000+ Posts

Post by thatkid »

Added new totals on the front page. I'm up to $288.42 of my $400 build budget. Still need a seat and paint and a few odds and ends. Oh yeah a tire too since bike bandit was out. And exhaust packing since bike bandit was out. I don't like them so much right now. I think I can make it though. We'll see.
Do YOU Scopper?

YAM93
1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts

Post by YAM93 »

http://www.denniskirk.com/jsp/product_c ... Id=&mmyId=

this one might work, it's for Honda CR85 9.5" long

this one may work, it's for Suzuki RM80 7.5" long

or....

this is much cheaper and might work just fine
:banana:

My guess is the second option is the best, depending on length of your exhaust can.
:headbang:
thatkid
2000+ Posts
2000+ Posts

Post by thatkid »

YAM93 wrote:http://www.denniskirk.com/jsp/product_c ... Id=&mmyId=

this one might work, it's for Honda CR85 9.5" long

this one may work, it's for Suzuki RM80 7.5" long

or....

this is much cheaper and might work just fine
:banana:

My guess is the second option is the best, depending on length of your exhaust can.
:headbang:
I think I made it 10" I don't know much about repacking an exhaust and neither did the guy I spoke with at bike bandit. I'm hoping I'll have better luck at dennis kirk. It just sucks that I have to pay for shipping again. Curse you shipping!!
Do YOU Scopper?

YAM93
1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts

Post by YAM93 »

yeah, it totally sucks that you weren't doing this project a year ago, i could have ordered it along with a bunch of other stuff i got at the time. It's hard but i only try to order a bunch of stuff (totaling over $100) from them at the same time, that way it's free shipping. But this stuff isn't too heavy so hopefully it won't be more than 5 or 6 dollars shipping.
banghead

don't feel too bad, i've gotten to ride this year about 10% as much as i did last year (so far). i feel like crap and my cardiovascular system feels like i ate 85 pounds of fatty bacon.
:puke:

i hope I can get back on the horse later in October and ride until Christmas. :deadhorse:
maverick
50+ Posts
50+ Posts

Post by maverick »

hey i'm not sure what you're going for speedo-wise but if you're looking for cheap and low profile... the sigma bicycle speedos are about 20 bucks and accurate up to 180mph. that's what i have on my fzr. i would probably go a different direction like a pod speedo or something but just in case ' it's an option.
maverick
50+ Posts
50+ Posts

Post by maverick »

oh also' i always use fiberglass water heater insulator for exhaust packing. the yellow stuff. it works fine and it's incredibly cheap and available at any hardware store.
thatkid
2000+ Posts
2000+ Posts

Post by thatkid »

maverick wrote:oh also' i always use fiberglass water heater insulator for exhaust packing. the yellow stuff. it works fine and it's incredibly cheap and available at any hardware store.
Well that is really good to know. I will have to check that out.

I've been debating the sigma speedo because of cost. The pods would be great but I haven't seen a cheap one that will work with a magnet pickup. Since my build budget is 400 and I'm at 290 basically I can't go nuts.
Do YOU Scopper?