hydralic Clutch/crank case?

Moderators: Site Director, FZR Forum Moderators

th3nz4
Site Newbie

hydralic Clutch/crank case?

Post by th3nz4 »

hiya guys! probably another noob question?.. Noob
On my 87 fzr 1000 I have removed my crank case and hydralic clutch thingy!..bleeded all everything for new hoses and levers..However when I build it all back together how will I go about putting it all back together? Is there a certain technique? I darent touch the bar incase it goes in or out?.. im scared as im very unsure and this is my first project ever! :headscratch:

Thanx in advance!
Schmo9
100+ Posts
100+ Posts

Re: hydralic Clutch/crank case?

Post by Schmo9 »

Hi...I'm not too sure what you've stripped off but if it's the clutch slave cylinder then it should just pop back on after you have changed seals and spring but make sure clutch push rod is in position. Bleed clutch whilst its on the bike...its not complicated and quite straight forward..can't really go wrong.
In the garage:
2012 VFR1200X Silver
1997 ZX7R P2 black
1992 TDM850 Mk1 army green
1988 FZR 1000 2RG White and red
th3nz4
Site Newbie

Post by th3nz4 »

thanks for reply schmo!.. yes its the clutch push rod! :) how do i no the correct position?.. (im worried incase it all falls apart inside? lol :duh: Image
willandrip
Level 7.0
Level 7.0

Post by willandrip »

It cannot fall out.
The pushrod has only one position.......unless completely removed manually and reinserted 180 degrees out which would be very obvious.

What the fiche does not show is that it is inside the gearbox input shaft. It does not show the shaft as it is on another fiche and it would obscure the view of the clutch parts.
All the other parts ; 2 thru 5 are trapped by the clutch face plate on the other side of the engine.

Even when the cover is removed and the bike on the sidestand; the friction of the pushrod oil seal prevents the rod itself from slipping out.

If you remove the pushrod manually for any reason then the ball,shown but not numbered between parts 5 & 6 simply rolls down the inside of the input shaft and rests against the inner side of the oil seal.

It returns to its correct position once the pushrod is pushed back in.

For your confidence, removing and replacing a sprocket cover complete with clutch actuator mechanism scores about 0.5 out of 10 on a scale of complexity on a FZR motorcycle.
Sent from my keyboard using the English language not some teen text shite from a fooking phone.