help me calculate the correct colour coded bearings 10002gh

Moderators: Site Director, FZR Forum Moderators

Rooster
100+ Posts
100+ Posts

Re: help me calculate the correct colour coded bearings 1000

Post by Rooster »

Don't know the exact cause of the clutch failure I have heard that older bikes don't like synthetic oil. I also have heard a new clutch needs to have the friction plates pre-soaked in the oil your going to use. If the clutch was assembled dry it may have not gotten oil between the plates and that could have caused the blueing and sticking. I also wonder if it was slipping and you were not aware which would have caused the overheating of the clutch. Was your oil light on? maybe your oil pump stopped moving enough oil to keep the engine happy.
Even a blind monkey gets the odd banana
DonTZ125

Post by DonTZ125 »

Hate to say it, but if the engine has oil in the crankcase and still runs without making horrid noises, it's a simple matter of the plates were installed dry. Order in another set of frictions and steels; those are toast. Inspect your springs for correct length, and order a new set if even one is sacked down. Inspect your clutch hub and basket for heat damage and excessive chatter; light grooving can be dressed off with a file.
mrGENESIS
50+ Posts
50+ Posts

Post by mrGENESIS »

ok thanx guys now the other question is why did my bike die sounds like no compression lost alot of powe screwy
mrGENESIS
50+ Posts
50+ Posts

Post by mrGENESIS »

drained the oil and i can see the oil worked so maybe its a problem with the oil filter or pickup just hope the bearings stil shap :notworthy:
mrGENESIS
50+ Posts
50+ Posts

Post by mrGENESIS »

hi guys good news oilfilter was shot took it out closed it threw oil back in 1st key she started purring like a cat went for a drive round the block everything is stil good parked her now she can rest till end of the month :mrgreen: :thumbsup: