Just fix a 750 FZR

FZR750 Forum

Moderators: Site Director, FZR Forum Moderators

csofos
Level 4.5
Level 4.5

Re: Just bought a 750 FZR

Post by csofos »

trifgeorge wrote:about that TCI unit.... i had the same problem. go to an electronist. he will know what to do. the thing is that the TCI unit has 2 fast switching transistors inside of it which are responsable for the timing on each coils. One transistor will send a signal to the coil on the left. The other one will send a signal to the coil on the right. Now the coil on the left provides sparks for pistons 1 and 4. The coil on the right provides sparks for pistons 2 and 3. If one of the transistors inside the TCI is burned or not working at it's optimum specs the sparks on the pistons that he is in charge of , are going to me missing or are going to be too weak to set the fuel mixture off.That is what is happening with your TCI unit. It's a cheap and easy fix if it's done by someoane qualified.I'm going to try to post some pics with the TCI unit.

the one surrounded with red was the BAD transistor. It was responsable for the sparks from pistons 2 and 3. Got it replaced. Make sure to tell the electronist to put some cooling paste between the transistor and it's heat sink.
Buddy, you 've helped me very much!!!! Thanks a lot for the info. One of these days i'm gonna check my TCI unit in an electronist. Thanks again buddy :tks: :tks: :tks:
THE COST OF YOUR HELMET, IT DEPENTS ON HOW MUCH EXPENSIVE YOU THINK YOUR HEAD IS.
csofos
Level 4.5
Level 4.5

Post by csofos »

Today the decals were ready.

And i found necessary to aplly one more coat of white.

This is the last white covering

THE COST OF YOUR HELMET, IT DEPENTS ON HOW MUCH EXPENSIVE YOU THINK YOUR HEAD IS.
csofos
Level 4.5
Level 4.5

Post by csofos »

cad600 wrote:What product are you using as the filler?
I asked Nikos today, and he told me that he uses a simple filler. It's nothing special. As for the trade name, even if i tell you, it's a Greek companys. So, it is something you can't find there.
Of course, if you like to apply filler on plastcs, you have to apply plasticizer first.
It is a simple filler though. :cheers:
yamaha_george
5000+ Posts
5000+ Posts

Post by yamaha_george »

csofos wrote:
cad600 wrote:What product are you using as the filler?
I asked Nikos today, and he told me that he uses a simple filler. It's nothing special. As for the trade name, even if i tell you, it's a Greek companys. So, it is something you can't find there.
Of course, if you like to apply filler on plastcs, you have to apply plasticizer first.
It is a simple filler though. :cheers:
Guys,
I would say that the same filler that is used on the plastic bumper of Jap imports that get "customed" would be ok for the Job.

Trifgeorge:- Trust a George to get the facts on a "complex" repair thanks from all of us on that one :udaman
Y-G
trifgeorge
Level 2.0
Level 2.0

Post by trifgeorge »

csofos wrote:
trifgeorge wrote:about that TCI unit.... i had the same problem. go to an electronist. he will know what to do. the thing is that the TCI unit has 2 fast switching transistors inside of it which are responsable for the timing on each coils. One transistor will send a signal to the coil on the left. The other one will send a signal to the coil on the right. Now the coil on the left provides sparks for pistons 1 and 4. The coil on the right provides sparks for pistons 2 and 3. If one of the transistors inside the TCI is burned or not working at it's optimum specs the sparks on the pistons that he is in charge of , are going to me missing or are going to be too weak to set the fuel mixture off.That is what is happening with your TCI unit. It's a cheap and easy fix if it's done by someoane qualified.I'm going to try to post some pics with the TCI unit.

the one surrounded with red was the BAD transistor. It was responsable for the sparks from pistons 2 and 3. Got it replaced. Make sure to tell the electronist to put some cooling paste between the transistor and it's heat sink.
Buddy, you 've helped me very much!!!! Thanks a lot for the info. One of these days i'm gonna check my TCI unit in an electronist. Thanks again buddy :tks: :tks: :tks:
i'm glad i could help a FZR owner! :thumbsup:
1992 Yamaha FZR 600 3HE with:
GSX600F fully adjustable rebound forks
GSX600F front wheel with full floating disks
Sigma BC 1009 speedometer
YZF 600 Thundercat tank
Red Rizoma like grips
R6 pilot seat
Complete custom made tail with custom made rear seat
Led front and rear signals and tail light
Custom fiberglass electrics box
R6 Voltage regulator
Custom made rearset hangers
Custom made A123 LiFePO4 battery
KOSO mirrors
GSXR600SRAD swingarm-rear wheel assemby with 180/55/17 Michelin Pilot Power 2CT rear tyre
FZR1000 hydraulic clutch
H1 HID
Hand made mirror plates
csofos
Level 4.5
Level 4.5

Post by csofos »

Today. i cover the surfaces that are going to stay white.

And i also apply with primer tha gas tank

yamaha_george
5000+ Posts
5000+ Posts

Post by yamaha_george »

trifgeorge wrote:
csofos wrote:

i'm glad i could help a FZR owner! :thumbsup:

YOU HAVE BEEN IMMORTALISED IN THE WIKI HOW-TO SECTION
trifgeorge
Level 2.0
Level 2.0

Post by trifgeorge »

Cool ! Thank you! :cheers:
1992 Yamaha FZR 600 3HE with:
GSX600F fully adjustable rebound forks
GSX600F front wheel with full floating disks
Sigma BC 1009 speedometer
YZF 600 Thundercat tank
Red Rizoma like grips
R6 pilot seat
Complete custom made tail with custom made rear seat
Led front and rear signals and tail light
Custom fiberglass electrics box
R6 Voltage regulator
Custom made rearset hangers
Custom made A123 LiFePO4 battery
KOSO mirrors
GSXR600SRAD swingarm-rear wheel assemby with 180/55/17 Michelin Pilot Power 2CT rear tyre
FZR1000 hydraulic clutch
H1 HID
Hand made mirror plates
csofos
Level 4.5
Level 4.5

Post by csofos »

At last i paint the blue today!!!!!

Nikos in action

That's it before decals been applied

And after decal application

The undertail and the one side of the fairings have my gym's logo. It says "ATHLETIC GYM everything can happend". Now if you take a closer look to see with witch part of his body that bodybuilder lifts the weights, you 'll probably find out why it writes that!!!!!!!!

And not to forget the Yamaha's good old concept: "Genesis". This is where all have been started.
Genesis
Level 8.0
Level 8.0

Post by Genesis »

that looks hot
1990 Yamaha FZR600 Genesis, Daily Driver
My FZR6 Rebuild

1985 GMC 4x4 T-15 X-Cab Sierra
1999 Chevy 4x4 Blazer (wifes car)

"If a man can build it, I can take it apart and sometimes even put it back together and fix it" --Unknown

"'I wish none of this had happened.' 'So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us.....'" J.R.R. Tolkien
sweekster
2000+ Posts
2000+ Posts

Post by sweekster »

ClapHands

Good work as usual. You HAVE to take a pic with all of the FZR's together when this one is done Cris. Awesome job so far.
Duane...
Bike:
1994 Yamaha FZR 1000 EXUP
Factory Pro Stage 1 Jetting | K&N Filter | Corbin Seat | ProTek Keyless Gas Cap | GSXR Mirrors
My Thread
Cage:
2005 Saab 9-7x 5.3i Arc AWD

THE WIKI IS YOUR FRIEND
THE SEARCH IS YOUR SIGNIFICANT OTHER
USE THEM!!
csofos
Level 4.5
Level 4.5

Post by csofos »

sweekster wrote:ClapHands

Good work as usual. You HAVE to take a pic with all of the FZR's together when this one is done Cris. Awesome job so far.
Thanks buddy! I will, be sure about it. And i 'll wear the fzronline.com t-shirt too!!!! :headbang:
yamaha_george
5000+ Posts
5000+ Posts

Post by yamaha_george »

csofos wrote:
sweekster wrote:ClapHands

Thanks buddy! I will, be sure about it. And i 'll wear the fzronline.com t-shirt too!!!! :headbang:
Chris,
great stuff :notworthy: you had better wear the tee shirt or someone will "key" your paint :cop

: jk
csofos
Level 4.5
Level 4.5

Post by csofos »

The paintwork completed......

That's a spot i have to fill with something

This motorcycle is dedicated to the memory of my friends Jack. Most of you, probably remember the story....
Many could say that typing a dead man's name on the bike might be a bad luck. Not for me though. I think it's a guardian angel.
zero9243
Level 8.5
Level 8.5

Post by zero9243 »

holy CRAP that looks amazing
Upgrades:
  • Barnett Clutch------------------------------------------R6 Blue Dots, Front Master Brake Cylinder+Reservoir
    WP Adjustable Rear Shock----------------------------Vortex 520 Conversion with RK GB520GXW Chain
    V&H Header (4-1)--------------------------------------Swingarm Spool Mounts
    Cobra F1r Exhaust Can--------------------------------R6 Voltage Regulator
    Flo-Commander with Remote-------------------------Custom Airtech Passenger Seat
    Stage 7 Jet kit with Diffuser Caps--------------------Factory Pro Nickel Emulsion Tubes
    Wiseco 630 Kit------------------------------------------Custom Frame Slider Mounts
    Modking Hydraulic Clutch Kit--------------------------Hella Projection Headlight with Xentec HID Kit (H9 Bulb)
    Modking Aluminum Radiator Overflow Bottle--------