New Bike For Pimp

Moderator: FZR Forum Moderators

PIMPMYFZR
1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts

New Bike For Pimp

Post by PIMPMYFZR »

Temp Replacemnt till my R1 find's its way home .. if its ever found that is lol ..
Picked up this 01 929 basically all chromed out except the frame . Dont know why they didnt just chrome that out too. Has a Pearl white paint job , Nice white not that yellowish pearl .. Full akrapovic Titanium Exhuast with power commander .. Needs some tuning and bits here and there ..Debating if i should locate some stock plastics and try to convert it into a street bike because right now its needs some TLC .. ended up offerin the dude 2,500 from the 4 grand he wanted then when i checked it out , come to find its had 32k on the dash , rebuilt title . took it for about 3-4 mile spin Didnt feel like my Mint R1 but went back told him best i can do it 2 grand bringing up the title and milage issue .. Well i was weary of riding it 115 miles home with no plates , ins, reg, and the fact that it only have one brake caliper and rotor .. But i said WTF gonna take this thing back to Detroit or Die Trying .. felt like them dudes on HOGS .. but on my street/show bike..lolol
so i present to you then TEMP <~ ory replacement ..BTW abs maybe its just my bike ..But this bitch aint got shit on no R1 lololol
2002 R1 9k miles , Hotbodies undertail , Chopped Hindle Hi Mount , Solo Seat cowl,Frame sliders, little yellow yamaha wheel stickers .hehe
94' 600RR SOLD**
hid xenon
airtek solo tail
time for a 1000
R.I.P DaD 2/17/09 Your in my <3 always
yamaha_george
5000+ Posts
5000+ Posts

Re: New Bike For Pimp

Post by yamaha_george »

PIMPMYFZR wrote:Temp Replacemnt till my R1 find's its way home .. if its ever found that is lol ..
Picked up this 01 929 basically all chromed out except the frame . Dont know why they didnt just chrome that out too. Has a Pearl white paint job , Nice white not that yellowish pearl .. Full akrapovic Titanium Exhuast with power commander .. Needs some tuning and bits here and there ..Debating if i should locate some stock plastics and try to convert it into a street bike because right now its needs some TLC .. ended up offerin the dude 2,500 from the 4 grand he wanted then when i checked it out , come to find its had 32k on the dash , rebuilt title . took it for about 3-4 mile spin Didnt feel like my Mint R1 but went back told him best i can do it 2 grand bringing up the title and milage issue .. Well i was weary of riding it 115 miles home with no plates , ins, reg, and the fact that it only have one brake caliper and rotor .. But i said WTF gonna take this thing back to Detroit or Die Trying .. felt like them dudes on HOGS .. but on my street/show bike..lolol
so i present to you then TEMP <~ ory replacement ..BTW abs maybe its just my bike ..But this bitch aint got shit on no R1 lololol

PMF,
If the last one went in hours that will go in minutes some PWT is gonna have it away
sweekster
2000+ Posts
2000+ Posts

Post by sweekster »

PIMPMYFZR wrote:Temp Replacemnt till my R1 find's its way home .. if its ever found that is lol ..
I like the all white myself (My FZR will be that color eventually). Honestly I would just go through and get it up to snuff mechanically and ride it but hey that's just me. I know you would like to find the people or person who took your R1 but live and learn man. It's one of those mistakes you make ONCE. I wouldn't keep this one at home though... :whistle
Duane...
Bike:
1994 Yamaha FZR 1000 EXUP
Factory Pro Stage 1 Jetting | K&N Filter | Corbin Seat | ProTek Keyless Gas Cap | GSXR Mirrors
My Thread
Cage:
2005 Saab 9-7x 5.3i Arc AWD

THE WIKI IS YOUR FRIEND
THE SEARCH IS YOUR SIGNIFICANT OTHER
USE THEM!!
demon_knight69
Level 4.5
Level 4.5

Post by demon_knight69 »

i agree with george, keep that thing locked away. those f'ing thieves will yoink that thing in no time flat. on the plus size, i also like the white. however, i'm not a fan of chrome on sport bikes. but to each his own, they should have finished chroming and done the frame as well. glad to see you're back on a bike though :thumbsup: and i hope you get your r1 back.
1996 FZR 600
Custom exhaust made from R6 header and GSXR600 end pipe
K&N Pods
Barnett Clutch
Factory Pro shift kit
Needs paint and on her way to being a streetfighter
Target30
Level 7.5
Level 7.5

Post by Target30 »

BTW abs maybe its just my bike ..But this bitch aint got shit on no R1 lololol
Thats because you were probably wearing gear and not a wife beater! extra weight and more drag! haha

nice looking bike though. I'd be willing to bet the guy who got your R1 is still watching for that replacement.
I did that.

"(12:38:42) sweekster: i work when i want because i'm sweeks"
mszilves
Level 1.5
Level 1.5

Post by mszilves »

Very nice looking bike... not a big fan of chrome either but I love the white! Too bad about the R1, that was really one of the nicest looking bikes I've ever seen.

I'm going to go photoshop the R6 in white now. :-)
ImageImage

'03 Liquid Silver R6
'91 FZR 600
'97 Forks w/ .85kg/mm Race Tech springs, Gold-Valve Emulators (2 turns), 20w fork oil / Fox Twin Clicker
R6 front calipers and master cylinder, R6 tail
YZF swingarm conversion
'01 R1 Digital Cluster conversion
K&N Drop-In, Factory Pro emulsion tubes, stock 5CFZ4 needle on clip 2, 22mm floats, mixture screws temp tuned
Bridgestone BT-016s 110/170

manveru
Level 3.5
Level 3.5

Post by manveru »

park that outside your house and then sit and see who comes and beat the crap out of them. might be the same ones that stole your r1
demon_knight69
Level 4.5
Level 4.5

Post by demon_knight69 »

manveru wrote:park that outside your house and then sit and see who comes and beat the crap out of them. might be the same ones that stole your r1
that's a good idea, only i'd be outside with my 12 gauge and my .40 cal. :mrgreen:
1996 FZR 600
Custom exhaust made from R6 header and GSXR600 end pipe
K&N Pods
Barnett Clutch
Factory Pro shift kit
Needs paint and on her way to being a streetfighter
shredex
2000+ Posts
2000+ Posts

Post by shredex »

who needs two front brakes anyways?
the_finch
Level 8.5
Level 8.5

Post by the_finch »

shredex wrote:who needs two front brakes anyways?
That's right, Shred. Stopping's for wusses. :rofl:

Nice looking new bike there, Pimp!

I don't have a clue how everyone else scores such good deals on bikes like this. 2k is less than I paid for my 600.

I hope it holds up okay with the higher mileage, even if it's not the beast that your R1 was, it still looks pretty pimp, even though I'm not much of a fan of "chrome everything" on sportbikes, or any bike for that matter. The clean, one solid color with no big graphics makes it look really good, even with all the shiny stuff. If I had it, I'd probably go ahead and polish (and clear coat) the frame to make everything shiny, and unless you plan on putting some insanely expensive aftermarket chrome rims on there, I'd definitely set it back up for dual front brakes, for safety's sake.

Hopefully you'll be getting a call about your R1 being found and returned soon, so you can beat Bmiller's record for quickest turnaround on owning a motorcycle. :whistle
1997 FZR600RJ

Engine: K&N Drop-in air filter - stock airbox - FP 5°ignition advancer - EBC "Street Racer" Kevlar clutch
Exhaust: Stock header - Yoshimura RS-3 Carbon fiber slip-on
Body: Original paint/graphics - Clear Alternatives integrated LED Taillight - Flanders' flush front signals - YZF600 Mirrors - Comp. Werkes Stainless fender eliminator/tag bracket - 60w/55w H4 headlights
Tires: Metzler MEZ4B 120/70 ZR17 Front - Michelin Madacam 100x 150/70 ZR18 Rear
Brakes:Stock rotors with EBC HH Sinstered pads
In the works: YZF600 header, '97 Bandit 600 rear wheel, DynoJet Stage 3, Racetech Springs and Emulators fork rebuild, FZ1 rear shock, YZF600 front MC, Galfer SS Lines, CFM rearsets
PIMPMYFZR
1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts

Post by PIMPMYFZR »

Thanks fellas ... Honestly i owned my fzr since summer 02' till spring 09' no one ever phucked with it ... thats leaving it parked out at places , even leaving it in open public hop in the car with buddies and come back next day .. still there , even though in back of my head I was praying no one took it .. I guess the R1 has more chop shop value , well I know it does ..
If they come back for this one , I will let them take it . No Running out in my undies with guns blazing tryin to catch them . This one they will have to start taking the gas tank off before they locate one of the devices . By then their location should be dead on .. The only bugger about these devices is that they tend to buffer around a 25 ft zone ..< Dont want to bust the wrong persons door down ..lol > All in all though , It doesn't replace the R1 .. never will .. Honda didn't seem to have shit on Yamaha that part of the decade even though brand new im sure these things were crazy fast almost as fast as the R1 .. Though these did come FI in 2001 yamaha waited till 2002 to FI the r1's .. So maybe Honda was one step ahead of Yamaha just doesn't feel as good ..
When i purchased my R1 ,, the all black frame looked so nice i was inlove with the bike before ever riding it ..plus the fact i got it under 4 grand with under 10k on the dash , original owner completely stock .. Today i see them selling for 5-6 grand with more milage and not as in good condition even though i doubt they will get their asking price ..
I'm not a big chrome person either but i figure if you go chrome . GO ALL THE WAY ..
Here in Detroit , people look at the bike and go GAGA over it and really its all because of the chrome .. every single one of my workers thinks this thing looks 100XXX better then my R1 .I'm like are you Serious? but its the presence of the white paint and chrome they see ..
I doubt i can compare my replacing bikes to BMiller .. lol His credit is just better then Mine ..haha and the phucker always comes out with some badass bikes since the archives days ..Gotta give him the credit where its due ..
If my R1 isnt found i will get a new one for sure ..but not before buying a house with a nice SECURE garage ..
As far this bike gettin stolen , i think the motorcycle theft crews prey on fairly new looking or year models .. I mean this is not a common bike .. Not to many 929rr's , compared to today's litter of r1/r6/zx-6,cbr 600rr/1000rr and of course GSXR'S
those are what the parts god's look for IMHO ..
But all i know is if somone comes for it .. God Help Them!!!!
BTW .. i just got a email from somone who went to buy the bike from the PO that i got it .. he's offering me 500 more then i paid for it ..He Must really like the bike too .lol sent him a reply No thanks ..
2002 R1 9k miles , Hotbodies undertail , Chopped Hindle Hi Mount , Solo Seat cowl,Frame sliders, little yellow yamaha wheel stickers .hehe
94' 600RR SOLD**
hid xenon
airtek solo tail
time for a 1000
R.I.P DaD 2/17/09 Your in my <3 always

Return to “Honda / Suzuki / Kawasaki Garage”