seca ii triple + drag bars

For the bad boyz, here a little arena for you to get fightin'!

Moderators: Site Director, FZR Forum Moderators

demon_knight69
Level 4.5
Level 4.5

seca ii triple + drag bars

Post by demon_knight69 »

hey all, i've been MIA again, lol. amazing how fast time flies when projects come to a standstill. anyway, i'm back to working on mine again. i decided sometime last year that the fairings are a waste of time and i like the look of a fighter, so that's the direction i've been going. i picked up a triple clamp from a 93 seca last week, along with a set of drag bars. like everyone else who's done the swap, i'll need to do some adjustments so it can all fit without hitting the tops of the forks, but it doesn't seem like there's really a good "how to". just a bunch of random posts with options on what to do.

1. i can lower the forks (how exactly is that done anyway??)
2. a spacer can be made and fit underneath the triple. this doesn't seem like it will work that well, and will leave limited thread space at the top.
3. i found these http://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/p/43/ ... -Riser-Kit with either 15mm or 30mm raise. these are aimed specifically at atv's though, so i'm not sure of the fit? i would have thought 7/8" is 7/8", and the risers should fit in any mount.

anyone have more info on any of these options, or opinions on the easiest to go with? i'm still working on my swingarm project, so i don't want to have the front end be another giant pain in the neck :)

speaking of projects, it's been a while since i've posted any pictures. here's my new dominator headlights (finally pulled the trigger on them, and i love them)

seca triple with the drag bars. triple is about as far down as it can go in its current state without hitting the tops of the forks

and r6 wheel finally fitting in the yzf swinger. this is the main project that's lost steam. started on it last summer and it's mostly been sitting ever since then :(

i'm freaking determined to get this project finished SOON, so i can ride again!
1996 FZR 600
Custom exhaust made from R6 header and GSXR600 end pipe
K&N Pods
Barnett Clutch
Factory Pro shift kit
Needs paint and on her way to being a streetfighter
ragedigital
4000+ Posts
4000+ Posts

Re: seca ii triple + drag bars

Post by ragedigital »

Love the lights!

I don't think that there is an "Official How-To" for the bars using the Seca clamp, but I know there have been discussions. Looks like the "How-To" may indeed start right here!

darrin
Thanks for joining and participating in the most "active" FZR Community on the internet!
Sugoi
Site Newbie

Post by Sugoi »

Don't quote me, but i think 1.5" riser did the trick, but you have a drag bar setup so it's entriely different setup from what Im familiar with. And like you said, you'll need to make adjustments afterwards (cable lengths). I'd make some mock-up risers though, and see what will and will not work.

-Mark
'89 FZR600
marklenardon.com
demon_knight69
Level 4.5
Level 4.5

Post by demon_knight69 »

at this point, i'm thinking that lowering the forks may be a good starting point. i'm not sure exactly how that's done though. i'm thinking you loosen both top and bottom triple clamp, slide the forks down a bit, and then re-tighten. is it as "simple" as that? i'm messing with the rear end of the bike anyway with the new swingarm and wheel, so i'm going to be raising and lowering it anyway, so raising a bit more to compensate for lower front forks shouldn't be a problem. if i'm still not clear with the handlebars, i can get some spacer/risers to lift a bit more.

i fiddled around with all the cabling and stuff today, and it looks like the only thing that may need to be longer is the brake line.
1996 FZR 600
K&N Pods
Barnett Clutch
Factory Pro shift kit
demon_knight69
Level 4.5
Level 4.5

Post by demon_knight69 »

I decided not to acre screw with the forms and found an adjustable set of bar risers from bike master. Got then right where they need to be now, I'll just need longer brake hose so far. Everything else looks to be long enough.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
1996 FZR 600
K&N Pods
Barnett Clutch
Factory Pro shift kit
thatkid
2000+ Posts
2000+ Posts

Post by thatkid »

I have an order going in soon for spiegler if you want some nice SS lines. Which you should get anyway cause the rubber ones are supposed to be replaced every 4 years.
Do YOU Scopper?

"When some people cry, it's not because they’re weak. It’s because they’ve been strong for far too long."
demon_knight69
Level 4.5
Level 4.5

Post by demon_knight69 »

thatkid wrote:I have an order going in soon for spiegler if you want some nice SS lines. Which you should get anyway cause the rubber ones are supposed to be replaced every 4 years.
i'll be measuring and getting specs to you asap. i should have some time over the next couple evenings. thx! :)
1996 FZR 600
K&N Pods
Barnett Clutch
Factory Pro shift kit

Return to “Streetfighter'd / Naked / Chopped”