Radiator Swaps and different rad hoses

Got a Yamazuki or a Yamonda? This section is for those who are a little more creative...

Moderators: Site Director, FZR Forum Moderators

Freestyle72
Level 4.0
Level 4.0

Radiator Swaps and different rad hoses

Post by Freestyle72 »

Radiator swaps.

So I guess I have to replace the rad on the FZR400/683 which I have a deposit on. It's currently a yzf600 radiator. I don't really want to go with another yzf600 radiator, I rather grab something off a modern super sport that's in good shape. Anyways will I most likely need another set of radiator hoses? Or will the old hoses fit? What if they don't fit? What are my options then? I found some stainless steel radiator lines which look pretty trick and might work for my applications, but they are for cars, but i figure as long as I get the correct ID for the hose. Do I have any other options regarding radiator lines?

What are your guys thoughts? I gotta act fast though whatever it is!
bweight
Level 4.0
Level 4.0

Re: Radiator Swaps and different rad hoses

Post by bweight »

Anything will work with a little effort.. I've got a 600 motor in my 400 frame with a 600 radiator. The hose mounts are flipped essentially on the upper portion and come out at a different angle on the lower hose.. I got my dad to bend me some tubing at work (works in a hydraulics shop) and just used the existing rad hoses with a couple of small joiner pieces..

You won't know exactly what you need until you actually know what rad you are going with so that would be your best bet. Keep in mind the size of the radiator before purchasing it though as it might be tricky to mount it period if its size is too big..

I know there's someone on here, and I believe it's Spyder, that mounted a 636 rad on his 600.. if you do a search, you should find plenty of radiator options however...

Good luck and be sure to post pics of the final product..

Brian
89 FZR 400
Custom Paintjob
600 plastics.
06 - R6 Shock
FZR600 Motor
Polished Frame & Engine Covers

Soon to be:
Broke........

FZROnline.com Decals. Get yours Now!!!