FZR600 Forum

Moderators: Site Director, FZR Forum Moderators

sfrjosh
Site Newbie

My POS is still giving me a hard time

Post by sfrjosh »

Hey guys
Thanks for stopping in!!

SO my bike is doing that stupid overheating issuse that seems to be very common. So i replaced the thermastat and the thermastats housing and wiring.
Filled it up with water to test and the damn things is still overheating.

What i did was i just keep it in 1st gear and babyed it around my driveway just looping and looping. I didnt go any higher then 3 rpms in frist.
so after about 15-25 mins it was at the red but when i come to a stand still cluch in, it drop to around middle or lil higher. but when it moves it jumps up to the red and sometime passed the red and then go back to the white right before the red. so idk wtf it is or if im doing something wroung.

I dont belive the fan is running at lest i dont hear it. but would just the fan no working allow the bike to over heat after about 25 mins?

If you guys need any more info or pics for what ever reason ill be check back every night so this will be an active.

Also anyone who can help me fig it out ill hit u with a donation :cheers:

Hope i dont keep banghead
1989 fzr 600
ragedigital
4000+ Posts
4000+ Posts

Re: My POS is still giving me a hard time

Post by ragedigital »

I would put in an override switch and keep the fan running all the time. It is a tiny radiator and going slowly, without any air movement, would easily overheat the system.

darrin
Thanks for joining and participating in the most "active" FZR Community on the internet!
fzrbill00
Site Newbie

Post by fzrbill00 »

The fan on mine kicks on after about 15min of just idling and the needle is about half way up the gage. I would start by getting that fan working.
Murat
Site Newbie

Post by Murat »

Did you try testing or replacing replacing the fan thermo switch? You can test it by checking for continuity. When it's above a certain temp(probably 180-200 degrees) you should get continuity through it.
67 YR1
76 RD400
86 FZ600
90 FZR400
90 FZR1000 EXUP
fzrbrandon
Level 7.5
Level 7.5

Post by fzrbrandon »

Are you possibly running lean? Maybe post up your carb specs?
Image Image

92 FZR600 - 3EN2 400 swingarm, Micron, DynoJet, Factory Pro, K&N, R6 shock, RT springs/emulators, R6 MC, Galfer, YZF calipers, Vortex, RK, YZF/R6 VR/R, Vortex, Zero Gravity

90 FZR400 - Sharkskinz, D&D, Sudco, DynoJet, Factory Pro, Ohlins, RT springs/emulators, JEM Machine, Woodcraft, NRC, Galfer, Vortex, RK, YZF/R6 VR/R, Vortex, Lockhart Phillips

89 FZR600 - Vance & Hines, DynoJet, Zero Gravity - sold in '91

http://www.fzrbrandon.com

!!! 400 & 600 Parts For Sale !!! viewtopic.php?f=18&t=9971